Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Magpies v. Demons - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to jump them early (round 23 last yr 6gls to 1gl 1st qtr)

We led them 9 to 4 up to half time then 2nd half they kicked 7 to 5

Fast forward we have both improved from that game so for mine it’s 50-50

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:40 pm

piedys wrote:
Jezza wrote:
I'm not going. It's the first Collingwood match in Victoria I will be missing in two years. I have a uni exam at the same time the match is played Sad

Oh FFS Jezza, just wag it. Tell them Howe's dog ate your exam paper, or some such waffle... Cool

I tried telling them De Goey’s dog ate mine. I’m still writing the thousand lines they gave me.

lanstro 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:40 pm

Given how freely Melbourne have scored recently, our defence will be the key here.

In the Brisbane and Geelong games, and the first half against the dogs, the main weakness of our defence was exposed - height.

Our current backline is going to struggle against Gawn, Hogan and McDonald. I'm not feeling great about this game.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:16 pm

lanstro wrote:

Our current backline is going to struggle against Gawn, Hogan and McDonald. I'm not feeling great about this game.

Their backline is going to struggle against Cox, Grundy, Miocek, De Goey, Hoskin-Elliott, Stephenson and Wells. I'm feeling great about this game. Cool
inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:40 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
I will tape this game, in the hope that we win, but I am having nothing whatsoever to do with it. Don't get me wrong, I like Neil Daniher, and his cause MND, and I hope he has a long life. ! BUT, I will NOT watch a game that is now so clearly, so clearly, totally biased against Collingwood in every possible way. The whole lead up to this match, is a total pro Deeeees hype and spin, by the media, silly commentators, and, the bloody Umpires. WE are cast as the enemy, the ones out to "ruin Neils big day, ruin the Deees day" we are looked upon as some kind of enemy of what the day means, we are knocked and pilloried at every chance, by wanker Darcy, Mcaveney an co.

AND the match is a fix too, the damn Umpires are right in on it too, to ensrue a Melbourne victory and not spoil Neils day. ! The umpiring last years QB game was, without doubt, the most blatantly biased I have EVER seen, in over 50 yrs of watching footy. The whole game was a biased joke, but the last five mins, when the Deeees got about 6 extremely dicey frees, to our NONE, that enabled them to win, was the worst umpiring I have ever, ever, ever, ever seen, it was disgusting, I honestly nearly put a can of beer thru the TV screen !! it was just so bad, and had to be complained about but weak eddie never said a word, pathetic. NO DOUBT we will be right royally screwed again by the umps, in their efforts to get Melbourne over the line, for Neils big day. !

Well, not this little black duck, the AFL can stick their precious rigged QB game up their Kaiber pass, I wont be watching, not live anyway. ! We don't live far from the Wineries in the mighty Yarra Valley, so im heading up there to do some wine tasting, and if we win, by some miracle, I shall watch the taped game later, in peace. ! Im not falling for the massive PR anti Collingwood media crap again, no bloody way, Jose. !!

End of Rant. !

Got to love a good conspiracy theory.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:42 pm

My in’s and outs:

In:

Howe
Rupert
Murray

Out:

Appleby (rest)
Mayne (omit: game shall be too fast for him)
Greenwood (omit: looks lost)

inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:43 pm

Jezza wrote:
I'm not going. It's the first Collingwood match in Victoria I will be missing in two years. I have a uni exam at the same time the match is played Sad

In regards to the game, we will be underdogs but I can't see why we're not a chance in causing an upset. A win would do our season wonders, but a loss wouldn't be the end of the world either.

It will be a good challenge for our up and coming team.

Let’s launch a Royal Commission into that Uni’s fixture policy! Has the AFL’s dirty fingers all over it Jezza!

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:03 pm

In : Howe
Out: Appleby - no knock on the kid, but someone has to make way for Howe.

Wells looked really out of touch, but I assume he’ll be better for the run and he’s a big occasion player.

Mayne and Daicos were ok but not very influential, but young Daicos is an investment at this stage, and Mayne does present with pressure acts, which we’ll need in spades next Monday.

It’ll be an intriguing game. Neither we, nor Melbourne, have beaten top sides, though they have bullied weaklings (and a waning Adelaide) a bit harder than we have. Monday we find out where these two teams really sit. On form, Melbourne have a right to be favourites, because they have shown a four quarter application. But if we bring the game we brought to Richmond for three quarters before the injury toll cruelled us, we could set our season alight. If we bring the game we brought to the Cats, we’ll put our season to sleep.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:46 pm

I honestly think we'll smash the down hill skiers.

We now have a good balance between brawn, grunt and class. The Dees won't know what hit them. Our mids will take control and it will be all over. Pies by 47 points.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:56 pm

inxs88 wrote:
My in’s and outs:

In:

Howe
Rupert
Murray

Out:

Appleby (rest)
Mayne (omit: game shall be too fast for him)
Greenwood (omit: looks lost)

I thought all three were good against Freo. Howe has to come in and I don't know who goes out. Wills is clearly now too good for VFL but I don't see who goes out for him either. Murray not playing well enough to return to the side until he learns to hit a target (not that he's a bad kick).
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:57 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

We now have a good balance between brawn, grunt and class. The Dees won't know what hit them. Our mids will take control and it will be all over. Pies by 47 points.

Wish I shared your optimism.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:11 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Agreed, our mids struggled against the Cats and they took a long time to overcome the Dogs, so I’m not that confident. Having Adams seemingly back to his hard-nut best will help a lot, though.

mgh3536 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:18 pm

i think Grundy is improving his hit outs to advantage
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:25 pm

Mugwump wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Agreed, our mids struggled against the Cats and they took a long time to overcome the Dogs, so I’m not that confident. Having Adams seemingly back to his hard-nut best will help a lot, though.

Adams finding form is very important. I also sense that our mids are beginning to work better as a unit. Pendles is getting back to his best, even adding in a shut down role as well. De Goey going thru there provides the extra big body. We should dominate the midfield and win from there.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:26 pm

^^ yeah, at least half go to us, now.

Last edited by Mugwump on Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 2 of 14   

Jump to: