Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Tommy Robinson arrested and jailed

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
I have other, larger words, if you want.

A bottle of Pomeroys plonk for your hard work m'lad.

Pies4shaw 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:52 pm

Here is an interesting list that goes a little way to highlight the hypocrisy of the Robinson stance:

https://malatesta32.wordpress.com/2019/01/21/2019-far-right-sex-offenders-update/
stui magpie 

Oh the Premiership's a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:09 pm

Ummmm, has Robinson supported child molesting in any way?

If those clowns were supporting Robinson's action against the child molesters, while being molesters themselves, their blatant hypocrisy is probably the least of their evils.

Pies4shaw 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:58 pm

Well, we do know that he’s very, very concerned about child molesters of particular ethnic or religious backgrounds but not others.
stui magpie 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:15 pm

Potentially fair point. Just because they supported him doesn't mean he supported them, although if there's evidence he did then I clearly withdraw.
Pies4shaw 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:30 pm

That isn't a relevant point, Stui - but here's one, since you ask: https://twitter.com/camcamdamn/status/1149311833091780609

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/176587/Paedo-rap-for-EDL-leader

https://politicsandinsights.org/2018/05/29/the-edl-have-paedophiles-in-their-ranks-but-tommy-robinson-evidently-doesnt-condemn-them/
stui magpie 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:27 pm

Look, I don't want to get into an argument where I'm defending Robinson. I'm not sure what it says about Robinson in particular or English people in general that so many of his supporters are apparently pedophiles, but I'm not defending anyone who deliberately and knowingly has sex with a child.

Islam is a soft target in that respect as it's the only mainstream religion I'm aware of that still has girls being able to be "married" without their consent once they have began menstruating.

Most of those people listed as Robinsons supporters who have actively sought out or did molest children, I'll put in the same bucket as those that Robinson was protesting about. (the specific group, not all Muslims)

that bucket contains those people I wouldn't have the slightest qualm about removing from the human race

Pies4shaw 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:00 pm

No, I didn't think you were defending him. I was making the point that he's being a little selective about which paedophiles he's out to get. It isn't (merely) that so many of his political cronies have turned out to be kiddie-fiddlers in their spare time, it is that he affected solidarity with some of them when they were outed, before being taken to task about that and realising what a bad political call it was.

I think the underlying concern here is that he doesn't actually give a toss about grooming gangs and child safety, it's just the religio-ethnic coincidence he likes.

After all, it isn't as if he was doing an expose on people who weren't being prosecuted for things they'd done (for an actual example of which, see here: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jul/13/jeffrey-epstein-alex-acosta-miami-herald-media). They were being prosecuted - and he almost ruined that (the concern about which is actually why the trial judge threw the book at him). He was just drawing a connection between his nasty beliefs and a particularly convenient bunch of defendants.
stui magpie 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:08 pm

Point made and accepted
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
Page 18 of 18   

Jump to: