Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Proving myself... wrong.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 9:01 pm
Post subject: Proving myself... wrong.Reply with quote

I've posted a lot of, well, rubbish posts over the years.

Many of my suggestions have been tongue in cheek, but many have been serious suggestions or questions.

I've asked the question about the recruitment of many players.

Recently;

Aaron Mullett. I was all over him. I wanted him. And I wanted him bad. I believe he was almost a part of the Levi Greenwood deal. I was impressed with his early games at North and I kept an eye on his contract status. He hasn't been completely crap for Carlton, but he hasn't set the world on fire either. At 26, we went for the younger Sam Murray. I was wrong on Mullett. He hasnt been the pressure player or creative back flank we needed. He wouldn't have made this a better team.

Daniel McKenzie. Just hasnt clicked at St Kilda. Played today against the Tigers for 13 disposals. Thought he'd be a handy addition, maybe more so because of his friendship with DeGoey and Moore. I dont know if he's up for football at AFL level.

Trent McKenzie. Has done F all at Port so far. I really though his powerful kick off half back would be something. I thought he and Howe could be a lethal team. I wanted to go after him. We didnt. Seems like the right call now. Has he been injured?

Jono Freeman & Michael Close. We're desperate for a KPF right? Lets just go after the "best available". I guess players are delisted for a reason. But I guess they are not picked up by another club for an even bigger reason. I was desperate to lad one of these guys just to have a full forward. Not sure where they are playing in 2018.

Tom Rockliff. Still a long way to go in 2018. He might still have a big role to play when he returns for Port. But he def wasnt the answer here. I think we made the right call to pass.

There's a lot more examples that I could throw up, but these ones were from last October.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: