Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pummel Bulldogs - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Collingwood 13.12.90
Bulldogs 8.6.54

Goals: H-E, Treloar, Thomas 2, Daics, Pendles, Adams, Sidey, Stevo, Langdon, Phillips 1,

Disposals: Treloar 40, Phillips 36, Pendles 32, Crisp 31, Langdon 29, Adams, Shaz, Grundy 26, Sidey 24, Dunn 23, Levi 22, Mayne 17, H-E 18, De Goey 15, Howe 14, Daics 16

D/E: Shaz 100%, Dunn 82.6, Crisp 80.6

Tackles: Treloar 5, seven others had 4.

AF Points: Treloar 130, Grundy 124, Phillips 116, Crisp 107, H-E 115, Pendles 109, Dunn, Sidey 98

Crowd:

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:45 pm

Gonna pour a Bourbon, take off the ignore filter and go check out the start of the game day thread. Should be a hoot
lanstro 

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:47 pm

Coaching group has been great the last 3 weeks. Small adjustments each time that turn the momentum.

Apart from the crows game I reckon that was our best win this year. Without the umpires that'd have been a 10 goal belting.

And Grundy, wow, what a game.
Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:47 pm

Hmmmm. Interesting game. Not really sure what to say, other than that we were unbelievably *&*& in the first, ok in the second, pretty good in the third and very good in the fourth. The end result is pretty much what you'd expect from a kind of average-ish team (which I think we are) playing against a bad one (the Dogs), but we took the hard way there.

On an individual level, Grundy, Phillips and Treloar were the three clear standouts, the entire backline played ok (Greenwood, Howe, Langdon, Appleby) to very good (Dunne, Crisp, Shaz), the midfield got better as the game went on (especially Adams who had a mare in the first half, but a very good second half) and the forward line went from dysfunctional to...functional.

I still think we're an average team, but the good news is we're beating the teams we lost to last year. The way I see it, last year we were 2.5 games outside the 8, so we have to improve by three games. Well, we've beaten 4.5 teams we lost to last year (Carlton, Essendon, Saints Bulldogs and we drew with Adelaide) and are down one game from losses to Hawthorn and Geelong (last year we went 1-1 against both), so if we hold serve against the rest, we'll make the 8.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:49 pm

That was a truly wonderful win. Smacked in the first quarter, to then steady the ship and then run over them was epic. I am rapt. I am a proud lover of the Pies tonight. This game will go down as a turning point, in terms of our ability to survive an early onslaught. Holding back the tide in the 2nd quarter, and then totally dominating in the last half. I have not seen us play such a game in a long time. We need to take stock of the achievement that this game represents. No team can play at their best all of the time. The Hawthorn teams of the past were distinguished by their incredible ability to still win, even when dominated in the first half. Our performance tonight was of a similar nature. It was just so rapturous to watch our guys show the courage, resilience and confidence required at the highest level. this performance, I believe, was indicative of a top 4 team. Not saying we are Top 4 level. But that is the quality of this performance. Go Pies!!
Schazz is an absolute star, by the way.

Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:49 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Mayne you STAR !!!!! Egg on face, anyone ????

He's never going to regain his old Freo form, but divorced from his contract, he's a solid player and well worth his spot in the 22. He seems to be a bit of a confidence player, so there's also hope that this run of form can lead to even better things.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:51 pm

2nd Best Win this Year after Crows Win.

Scumps should be Shot or Fired. Terrible Tonight.

Good to see Mids taking Advantage of Grundy's Domination in the Ruck in 2nd Half.

Schaz The General Down Back.

We played better when we took game on and not Muck Around with the Ball.

Phillips in Career Best Form.

Treloar moving Very Well 

De Goey bit down today.

Stephenson keeps Flashing how good a Player he could Become.

Sad for Varcoe Hammy

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:54 pm

...and sorry, that was remiss of me. Likewise Tom Phillips. A breathtaking game. His run and his energy were absolutely instrumental in our team cohesion. He is a gem. No longer will our opponents underestimate him after this game.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:54 pm

Gutsy performance. Had to wrest back momentum and scoreboard and we did. That win says we are a much improved team. We were able to set up a wall across the centre and the Dogs lost the will and run to piece it. De Goey into the middle produced a critical shift. Shaz was impeccable, Grundy everywhere, Pendles.Sidey.Treloar.Phillips kept running. Stephenson provided the gamebreaking and drew Suckling often...high accolade for a first year player. Very pleasing.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:57 pm

Cam wrote:
Gutsy performance. Had to wrest back momentum and scoreboard and we did. That win says we are a much improved team. We were able to set up a wall across the centre and the Dogs lost the will and run to piece it. De Goey into the middle produced a critical shift. Shaz was impeccable, Grundy everywhere, Pendles.Sidey.Treloar.Phillips kept running. Stephenson provided the gamebreaking and drew Suckling often...high accolade for a first year player. Very pleasing.

Can't argue with that analysis.
Nearly 

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:58 pm

Chris Mayne was instrumental in keeping us in it in the first half. Best 22 easily.
Raw Hammer 

OK, so I’m watching the replay now.

4:52 left in third quarter, Greenwood lays a PERFECT tackle on Dale. Umpire blows his whistle as we’re off to the races for HOLDING THE MAN. I, I, I, just can’t even anymore. It’s why I refused to watch live the second half and kept up to date with online scores instead. My TV would’ve been killed with a can.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

Magpietothemax wrote:
That was a truly wonderful win. Smacked in the first quarter, to then steady the ship and then run over them was epic. I am rapt. I am a proud lover of the Pies tonight. This game will go down as a turning point, in terms of our ability to survive an early onslaught. Holding back the tide in the 2nd quarter, and then totally dominating in the last half. I have not seen us play such a game in a long time. We need to take stock of the achievement that this game represents. No team can play at their best all of the time. The Hawthorn teams of the past were distinguished by their incredible ability to still win, even when dominated in the first half. Our performance tonight was of a similar nature. It was just so rapturous to watch our guys show the courage, resilience and confidence required at the highest level. this performance, I believe, was indicative of a top 4 team. Not saying we are Top 4 level. But that is the quality of this performance. Go Pies!!
Schazz is an absolute star, by the way.

Very, very well said IMHO Very Happy
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:59 pm

Oh my God. And now Cam Ling trying to justify the decision, after watching the replay. “It’s not much, but it’s there.” NO! NO! It’s NOT there. It resembles NOTHING to warrant even the thought of a free kick. I’ve had it. I’ve F***ING had it.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 12:00 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
OK, so I’m watching the replay now.

4:52 left in third quarter, Greenwood lays a PERFECT tackle on Dale. Umpire blows his whistle as we’re off to the races for HOLDING THE MAN. I, I, I, just can’t even anymore. It’s why I refused to watch live the second half and kept up to date with online scores instead. My TV would’ve been killed with a can.

It was deplorable wasn't it. Really woeful umpiring, especially in the first half.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11   

Jump to: