Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Cats - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Collingwood 5.15.45
Geelong 9.11.65

Goals: Phillips 2, Grundy, H-E, De Goey 1.

Disposals: Treloar 34, Crisp 32, Sidey, Howe 30, Shaz 29, Adams, Mayne 25, De Goey 22, Murray, Grundy 19, Thomas 18, H-E 16, Appleby 15, Brown 14, Wells 13, Phillips 11,

Tackles: Adams 12, Crisp 11, Mayne 9

D/E: Appleby 86.7%, Shaz 82.8, H-E 81.3

AF Points: Crisp 147, Mayne, Grundy 128, Adams 124, Howe 123, Treloar 113, Sidey 105

Crowd: 44,602

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:43 pm

Piesnchess wrote:

Seven key players out, then losing two more during the game, would affect any side, plus the shite fixture we copped since Anzac day, the cats had two full days rest more than us. its not excuses, its reasons. Elliott did his hammy again today, in v f l, we just cant take a trick on that front. Confused

Agree totally.
Fundamentally, the loss today comes down to the fact that we were two players down in the second half. We were sufficiently close in the game to demonstrate this.
It was not even the fact that so many key players were out. Just imagine. Had Darcy and Tom played the entire game, we could easily have won, even with all those key players out.
Our skills by foot were down tonight, so definitely we did not play our best. But I don't walk away from this game despairing. Geelong are a good side. They are finals contendors. We had everything against us today, and with a very depleted and exhausted team were able to contain them and remain in the game to the very end.

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:45 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:
Today was a huge step backwards. Our forward line was completely dysfunctional and offered SFA. Our skills were were nothing short of a disgrace often resulting in turnover after turnover. There's no excuse for not hitting targets when you're under no pressure, and you're not going to win games of football by trying to handball yourself to victory. All of what we achieved the past few weeks was undone by scrappy ineffective football.

The cats were no great shakes either, if I was a cat fan id be pretty disgusted with that effort by them, only had Hawkins out, compared to our injury ravaged list, not to mention being two guys down in rotations in the second half. plus they had two days extra rest. they were nothing to rave about.

If I was a Cats fan, I’d be looking at the draw and saying “We’re going to be 8 and 3 at halfway.”

we were the same one year recently at the turn; we didn't play finals that year, and if it wasn't for the armchair ride the cats get from the umps. they wouldn't either

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:45 pm

SwansWay wrote:
What did everyone make of Adams and Thomas today?

Thomas was quiet, but he has been great all year so he had earned some creds and one off game is not the judgement of him. But I think he looks a little overawed and starstruck at times when opposition with reps like Danger, Ablett and Selwood are in competition with him around the ball. I think he goes into his shell too easily. Adams had his second game back and was poor as usual. I am just not convinced with anything that he does. His game was poor today, he only really offers a quick handball out of a pack now and then with a few sideways short kicks. He has never and will never offer us forward momentum and reliability with disposal for a key midfielder. Our mids just aren't precise enough to pinpoint short passes and give our forwards shots from 35 to 50 out, they just bomb it long to the pockets or turn it over around 70 out. Very frustrating.

MONCO: Your life.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:54 pm

Whole Club should be Ashamed with that Utter Shit we put up Tonight.

Ball Use was Disgusting. Kicked as much to Geelong as we Did to our Teammates.

Thought Bucks turned the Corner but He Still is what I thought. A Terrible Coach. Playing his Favorite Crap Gameplan with Slow Ball Movment and Sideways and Backwards and never Playing On. Never looked like Winning Today.

Club needs a good kick up the Ass with that Crap.

Watching Grass Grow be more Exciting to Watch then our Performance this Afternoon.

We are still Pretenders and Bottom 6 Team

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:54 pm

slangman wrote:
It was just one of those games where we battled hard but it just never seemed to “click”.

Big game next week against the out of form Saints. An opportunity to re start our season after a lacklustre 3 weeks.

Unfortunately that sounds like the last 5 years

Agree re next weeks game, so important to build some confidence before going up against the scrappy dogs.

My last game for 4 weeks, gotta pit crew next week, then I’ll be in the States for the next three, man after today, I need the break. **** I hate those pricks

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:56 pm
Post subject: Re: Post Match. Pies down to Cats - All comments please.Reply with quote

PyreneesPie wrote:
Donny wrote:

D/E: Appleby 86.7%, Shaz 82.8, H-E 81.3

!

I very much like that young Appleby. He looks like a tough customer. Commentators had him down and out at one stage, but he picked himself up and went on with it.

With him gaining experience, along with Murray, Shazz growing in confidence, Crisp becoming far more experienced, Howe being so consistent, we have the potential of a very good backline. I don't believe it was the backline's fault that we lost today, it was more turnovers in the middle of the gorund.

Totally agree with all we have done exciting kids, and Shazza has been worth the wait. The backline has been brilliant all season, but we desperately need some class In The forward line. I’m a broken record right there!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:58 pm

Cruisinwithdids wrote:
Regardless of injuries from late in the 3rd Geelong were there to be beaten. We kicked 1.8 from 3.7.25 to 4.15.39 and only needed to 3 of those goals and we'd have overrun them. We need to consider moving on from Cox knowing that he gives us about one quarter a game. A dead set missed opportunity, now anything could happen next week against a weaker side that, if given a sniff may be a challenge with our injuries going in to the game.

This we need class in the forward line.

Yes beaten by a better team today, but that team was shit too

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 8:00 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
What an absolute waste of an opportunity. The Cats were not very good at all, they looked slow and sloppy and any decent side would have put them away....but not us. We just cannot sense when a team is on the rack and raise our level of performance to take advantage. We played the same old tired, boring, vanilla turnover sloppy, handball happy rubbish for 4 quarters and got the same ugly result all day long. Just a very poor and disappointing game from a team that I thought was genuinely improving. Today we showed we still have a long way to go before we become a reliable serious performer. A real schoolboy performance today.

Even with 10 minutes to go the game was still winnable and still nobody steps up to take the game from Geelong. Where are our leaders? Who are they even? Up in the stands was our skipper, but is that all we have? We pissed this game away by never even asking a question of the opposition, fired no shots and looked inept. Jeez, I am so gutted by this performance.

Says it all and that’s why I’m also bitterly disappointed tonight

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 8:02 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Nothing much positive about our team's performance today, except they never gave in, despite being 2 men down in the 2nd half.

We had no forward line and our movement forward was pathetic.

A few good individual performances from Schaz, Treloar, Grundy and Crisp. Despite collecting 25 disposals, I think Mayne is a liability.

Take a bow, I’ll buy the dimmies

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 8:05 pm

On a brighter note hubby fixed the ensuite toilet this arvo, kicking goals

Unlike some!

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 8:10 pm

Surely Fasolo gets a call up next week?This side desperately needs goal kickers.
Greeny2968 

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 8:10 pm

Ioannina wrote:
last years collingwood is back..

Agree
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 8:13 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
Surely Fasolo gets a call up next week?This side desperately needs goal kickers.

Are we the same person this week? I’ve agreed with everything you’ve said.
You can be captain next week.

Blair will be back to help you out!

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 8:19 pm

The real concern is that the Cats pulled apart our game style and they did it by pressuring right up to the ball carrier as opposed to holding their areas.
That’s why there were so many smothers and turnovers.

Injuries are part of footy but looking at that game, Pendlebury was the last player we wanted to miss. The game was crying out for polish and composure and he would have at least made the game closer.

The Cats defence was brilliant. They didn’t allow any deep entries and constantly forced us wide going forward.

Thought Appleby bounced back well too. If he keeps working hard, the kid has a future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10   

Jump to: