Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Cats - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd probably be censured for what I'd like to say. The umpiring must have taken lessons from the Selwoods. The only good thing about it was they tightened up on the prior opportunity - much better.
Dead set I'd take a good hard look at yourself Mayne and Blair haters - Mayne was in our best 10 and I'd think Blair would have done better than Adams - He gets the ball, but fair dinkum if you called him creative you should be shot - he's hit and miss at best. Moore wasn't a loss today, the last two weeks would have been better spent on a rookie. We lost the game plan and I don't think it was the Pendals out that caused it. We were well beaten today - more than the score shows. I'm sure if we had of kicked an extra goal the boys would have been taken by the scruff of the neck and shown the door. aaaaaggggggh - should have seen it coming with how close Brisbane got.

We just dropped in my estimation of where we belong on the ladder and I don't know where the improvement will come from.

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:24 pm

Collingwood 5.15.45
Geelong 9.11.65

Goals: Phillips 2, Grundy, H-E, De Goey 1.

Disposals: Treloar 34, Crisp 32, Sidey, Howe 30, Shaz 29, Adams, Mayne 25, De Goey 22, Murray, Grundy 19, Thomas 18, H-E 16, Appleby 15, Brown 14, Wells 13, Phillips 11,

Tackles: Adams 12, Crisp 11, Mayne 9

D/E: Appleby 86.7%, Shaz 82.8, H-E 81.3

AF Points: Crisp 147, Grundy 128, Adams 124, Murray 19 Howe 123, Treloar 113, Mayne 128, Sidey 105

Crowd: 44,602

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy

Last edited by Donny on Sun May 13, 2018 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Big T 

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:25 pm

We were always going to lose that game.

#1 the anzac scheduling fiasco, followed by a trip to humid Brisbane and they were on song. They were sweating like pigs. Tired legs and we saw the kicking efficiency and goal kicking drop right off.

#2 Cats have had the cruisiest lead into this game, as always.

#3 injuries, enough said. And then covering pendles with Crocker...

#4 umpires. They were especially biased today. They sensed we were undermanned and went for the kill. Very predictable. They need a bullet.

glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:28 pm

I should mention the drink for the day was espresso martinis
vodka
kahlua
2 shots of coffee

shaken

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:30 pm

Plenty of excuses tonite on this board.
There was time when Pie fans took it on the chin.
Fact was we were woeful in all facets except effort.
Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:31 pm

Regardless of injuries from late in the 3rd Geelong were there to be beaten. We kicked 1.8 from 3.7.25 to 4.15.39 and only needed to 3 of those goals and we'd have overrun them. We need to consider moving on from Cox knowing that he gives us about one quarter a game. A dead set missed opportunity, now anything could happen next week against a weaker side that, if given a sniff may be a challenge with our injuries going in to the game.
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:32 pm

What an absolute waste of an opportunity. The Cats were not very good at all, they looked slow and sloppy and any decent side would have put them away....but not us. We just cannot sense when a team is on the rack and raise our level of performance to take advantage. We played the same old tired, boring, vanilla turnover sloppy, handball happy rubbish for 4 quarters and got the same ugly result all day long. Just a very poor and disappointing game from a team that I thought was genuinely improving. Today we showed we still have a long way to go before we become a reliable serious performer. A real schoolboy performance today.

Even with 10 minutes to go the game was still winnable and still nobody steps up to take the game from Geelong. Where are our leaders? Who are they even? Up in the stands was our skipper, but is that all we have? We pissed this game away by never even asking a question of the opposition, fired no shots and looked inept. Jeez, I am so gutted by this performance.

MONCO: Your life.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:32 pm

Big T wrote:
We were always going to lose that game.

#1 the anzac scheduling fiasco, followed by a trip to humid Brisbane and they were on song. They were sweating like pigs. Tired legs and we saw the kicking efficiency and goal kicking drop right off.

#2 Cats have had the cruisiest lead into this game, as always.

#3 injuries, enough said. And then covering pendles with Crocker...

#4 umpires. They were especially biased today. They sensed we were undermanned and went for the kill. Very predictable. They need a bullet.

Agree fully Big T.

I thought our skill level today could have been off simply due to general fatigue, made worse by the loss of two players during the game.
I think the Anzac Day scheduling has really done us a huge disservice. It sapped our momentum.
I am hoping we might just get back to the Adelaide form now that we will have a "normal" schedule for the next few weeks.
glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:33 pm

Is there something off about Grundy? He is real slow to get off the ground and looks done in very quick.

Looks like he needs a rest

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:35 pm

masoncox wrote:
Plenty of excuses tonite on this board.
There was time when Pie fans took it on the chin.
Fact was we were woeful in all facets except effort.

Seven key players out, then losing two more during the game, would affect any side, plus the shite fixture we copped since Anzac day, the cats had two full days rest more than us. its not excuses, its reasons. Elliott did his hammy again today, in v f l, we just cant take a trick on that front. Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:36 pm

Monco Matt wrote:

Even with 10 minutes to go the game was still winnable and still nobody steps up to take the game from Geelong

MM, I think the better performers on the day were f**ck#d by then, having carried the team with two men down for most of the second half.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:38 pm

slangman wrote:
It was just one of those games where we battled hard but it just never seemed to “click”.

Crisp and Treloar busted their guts, and Howe, Shaz and Grundy were solid all game.

Some others floated in and out of the game, whilst there were some totally ineffective performances by others.

Structure held up well, just the execution of skills let us down. Unlike other Buckley years, we held structure and didn’t capitulate.

We are delusional if we think that Cox will offer anything more than what he already does. A VFL player who we are desperately trying to develop into an AFL player. Offers no more than Quentin Lynch ever did.

Big game next week against the out of form Saints. An opportunity to re start our season after a lacklustre 3 weeks.

Buckley out-coached for a second successive week.

Game was gone when Wells missed that soda near the goal square in the last term. 05.15; f&ck me dead.

Yet two rotations down again to injuries, and the boys fought it out.
Many targets missed in the final term; i'm thinking that residual fatigue might be creeping back in from two weeks ago, as that game against Brisbane last week also burned up more petrol tickets than we thought.

Now you do all realise Geebung are another house of cards, ready to fall, due to their reliance on Dangerflog? If he goes down, they're cafucktus.
See how well held Dustin Martin was today, and North almost rolled them.
Again evidence that when a team relies on one player too much to influence a game, then they are simply setting themselves up for disaster.

So hit these handbagger puddytats in a final with a full fit list [yeah thanks injury gods] and we are a chance to roll them, without a doubt.

Anybody see that whiny holding bitch Taylor whinging to his maggot mates in the last term, and after the game, about the free to Grundy, after they were given the f&cking world all day?!

Reload for next week against the rapist academy, and see, if just for piss and giggles, if Freeman finally gets selected to debut after four horror seasons!

Last edited by piedys on Sun May 13, 2018 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:39 pm

glasseyevfx wrote:
Is there something off about Grundy? He is real slow to get off the ground and looks done in very quick.

Looks like he needs a rest

I was think the same thing He fought on really valiantly, as always, but he was lacking the spark and energy of his first month. He looked tired - not surprising. I think he could well be carrying an injury too. Remember he was touch and go for Brisbane with that shin problem.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:40 pm

Wowee, we got savaged by the umpires today, the inconsistency was breathe taking.

That being said, the butchery in the forward 50 made this game a fore gone conclusion for the pussies, we gifted them one there, its games like these that see them making the 4 year in and year out when they are nothing but an above average footy team.

Can't blame anyone but the players today, structure were good, match ups were adequate, just butchered the ball repeatedly

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992

Last edited by Collingwood Crackerjack on Sun May 13, 2018 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:40 pm

Nothing much positive about our team's performance today, except they never gave in, despite being 2 men down in the 2nd half.

We had no forward line and our movement forward was pathetic.

A few good individual performances from Schaz, Treloar, Grundy and Crisp. Despite collecting 25 disposals, I think Mayne is a liability.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10   

Jump to: