Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Cats - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 6:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Collingwood 5.15.45
Geelong 9.11.65

Goals: Phillips 2, Grundy, H-E, De Goey 1.

Disposals: Treloar 34, Crisp 32, Sidey, Howe 30, Shaz 29, Adams, Mayne 25, De Goey 22, Murray, Grundy 19, Thomas 18, H-E 16, Appleby 15, Brown 14, Wells 13, Phillips 11,

Tackles: Adams 12, Crisp 11, Mayne 9

D/E: Appleby 86.7%, Shaz 82.8, H-E 81.3

AF Points: Crisp 147, Grundy 128, Adams 124, Murray 19 Howe 123, Treloar 113, Mayne 128, Sidey 105

Crowd:

Let's hear ya !!

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 6:58 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
We were never going to win with two guys down, Moore off was a huge loss, then Phillips. Least we fought it out, didn't get smashed, we have a lot of players sidelined, imagine Reid and Pendles in today, with Moore playing it out, be a different result, id love to play these pricks with our best team available. ! Umps were totally shite, shades of queens birthday last year, we need to lodge a complaint ,but eddie wont do it, never does. Anyway, I'm proud of the boys, lot of turnovers errors, but we fought it right out, we are on the right track, just need better luck on the injury front, finally.

All of this is spot on IMHO, especially playing the pricks with our best team!!!
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

Piesnchess wrote:
We were never going to win with two guys down, Moore off was a huge loss, then Phillips. Least we fought it out, didn't get smashed, we have a lot of players sidelined, imagine Reid and Pendles in today, with Moore playing it out, be a different result, id love to play these pricks with our best team available. ! Umps were totally shite, shades of queens birthday last year, we need to lodge a complaint ,but eddie wont do it, never does. Anyway, I'm proud of the boys, lot of turnovers errors, but we fought it right out, we are on the right track, just need better luck on the injury front, finally.

All of this is spot on IMHO, especially playing the pricks with our best team!!!
ronrat 

Haff wrote:
Positives... Mayne played well.
Absolutely out played. Lacking polish going forward. Wells didn’t look like it, Crocker is a d grader. Howe had a schocker. The hype around Murray must be gone now.

Howe had 30 disposals. Worse players than him by a long way. Wells for one.

SwansWay 

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 6:59 pm

Can somebody explain that Grundy mark / holding the ball decision? The coverage didn't replay it.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:00 pm

Today was a huge step backwards. Our forward line was completely dysfunctional and offered SFA. Our skills were were nothing short of a disgrace often resulting in turnover after turnover. There's no excuse for not hitting targets when you're under no pressure, and you're not going to win games of football by trying to handball yourself to victory. All of what we achieved the past few weeks was undone by scrappy ineffective football.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:00 pm

ronrat wrote:
[quote="Haff"]Positives... Mayne played well.
Absolutely out played. Lacking polish going forward. Wells didn’t look like it, Crocker is a d grader. Howe had a schocker. The hype around Murray must be gone now.[/quote]

Excuse me, PyreneesPie.
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:01 pm

To be fair, Geelong flooded and didn't allow us fluent entries. It was a frustrating game optically. We could not get a clear kick away. Wells was not up to AFL standard today.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:02 pm

SwansWay wrote:
Can somebody explain that Grundy mark / holding the ball decision? The coverage didn't replay it.

it was woeful wasn't it. Grundy took a step forward to steady himself after taking the mark and the stupid, witless umpire said he played on!! That's how I saw it anyway.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:03 pm

Crisp, Treloar and Grundy were all tremendous today. Some of the others didn’t disgrace themselves. That’s about it really. When you’re 1 goal at half time, you’re not going to win.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

HAL wrote:
ronrat wrote:
Haff wrote:
Absolutely out played. Lacking polish going forward. Wells didn’t look like it, Crocker is a d grader. Howe had a schocker. The hype around Murray must be gone now.

Excuse me, PyreneesPie.

Yes, Hal????? What do you need to be excused for? Laughing
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

HAL wrote:
ronrat wrote:
Haff wrote:

Excuse me, PyreneesPie.

Yes, Hal????? What do you need to be excused for? Laughing
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:04 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
SwansWay wrote:

it was woeful wasn't it. Grundy took a step forward to steady himself after taking the mark and the stupid, witless umpire said he played on!! That's how I saw it anyway.

That's right! So from now on if a player marks it and moves forward with momentum past the mark, I guess it's play on. I was pretty peeved!
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:04 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:
Today was a huge step backwards. Our forward line was completely dysfunctional and offered SFA. Our skills were were nothing short of a disgrace often resulting in turnover after turnover. There's no excuse for not hitting targets when you're under no pressure, and you're not going to win games of football by trying to handball yourself to victory. All of what we achieved the past few weeks was undone by scrappy ineffective football.

The cats were no great shakes either, if I was a cat fan id be pretty disgusted with that effort by them, only had Hawkins out, compared to our injury ravaged list, not to mention being two guys down in rotations in the second half. plus they had two days extra rest. they were nothing to rave about.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:07 pm

Oops. Too much data.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10   

Jump to: