Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Elliott hamstring injury in the VFL

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Elliott said himself in a Coll longeood show video that his back is basically £$%$ed and his hamstrings are essentially a week to week proposition. I didn’t want to believe him, but unfortunately it’s true. A superstar whose max potential we’ll never get to see. He makes going to the football and watching Collingwood fun. This sucks ass.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:16 pm

If you back is £$%$ed you hammys pretty much are too, you try to take strain off your back, it goes to your hammys, it’s why core strength is so important.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 11:35 pm

I'm gutted for Jamie. He's worked very hard to get himself fit and the constant setbacks must be so deflating for him.

It's sad that we've been denied the opportunity to witness his talents as he should be at the prime of his career now.

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:00 am

Poor bastard didn't even last 10 minutes.

Literally one minute onto the ground, he flew for a specky at CHF and for the briefest moment, you'd swear it was the 2013 Billy of old back from the Netherworld. Then five minutes later, he goes for a ground contest, tackled as he handpassed, and that's when it happened. No limping, no struggling to get off, just a long slow resigned walk back to the bench and straight to the rooms.

I think it's fair to say that, after what is now 7 hamstrings in his time here, to go with three ankles and two backs (the second of which is more likely than not complicating the management and rehab of said hamstrings), our Billy is rather banged-up. And I think it's also fair to say that his contributions in the future will be of the heavily managed, clumps of games variety, rather than a full season's worth.

But most important to say is, with a heavy heart, get better soon Billy...

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:41 am

Agree Bat except the soon part. Best to write him off for this season at least and go the slow route now, it’s obvious quick fixes won’t work. As Stui said, get the boy into Pilates, flexibility. What a bugger. So much promise. Bloody disappointing in deed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: