Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Swans circling Darcy Moore

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Invigoration 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:10 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty meh about Moore leaving if he does. I've got very little time for a bloke that wants to cash out of a club that's pretty much done everything right by him to date, especially when they've achieved two thirds of **** all to date to justify wanting to leave.

If he does leave though, damn I hope we play hard ball. Let him end up at the Suns through the PSD if need be, see how much he enjoys that.

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:00 am

Article I read yesterday suggests that DeGoey and Moore have told the club they wish to stay.
Propensity is for the media to suggest that a player is on the way out generally.
I'd suggest that both DeGoey and Moore will likely re-sign.
Try and relax peeps.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:52 am

KellyD33P wrote:
To bad he's singned till 2021, used to play for dandy stingrays and is a absolute ball winner.... throw in adams?

Think you’ll find he is still unsigned

Rush Stand Wing 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:14 am

Sounds like the Swans are genuinely fearful we may push them out of the top 4 if theyre leaking this rubbish so early in the year
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:44 pm

The Swans do not show their cards. This is bullsh!t to hide something else.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:57 pm

Cam wrote:

Everyone in the media thought Buddy was going to GWS. The swans do keep their cards close.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:09 pm

Sydney would've learnt that throwing big bucks at big forwards (Tippett, Buddy) doesn't necessarily bring you flags. Doubt they'd be offering too much over and above us for what is pretty much a speculative investment.
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:51 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Cam wrote:

Everyone in the media thought Buddy was going to GWS. The swans do keep their cards close.

Maybe their real target is De Goey Embarassed
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:10 pm

Cam wrote:

and They have no real reason why they need Moore and they could not put together a Trade that would make us Happy.

Plus they have Blakey coming in.

Media making Shit up Again

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:18 pm

thebaldfacts wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Cam wrote:

Maybe their real target is De Goey Embarassed

Didn't they try last year?

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:46 pm

IF the Swannettes really really want him badly, then I say we bleed the bastards dry, bleed em white, make them pay big, real big, sick of these ponces getting any player they seem to want. Anyway, how the hell can they afford Moore, when Buddy still is soaking up their payroll ??????

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:48 pm

Albert Parker wrote:
Article I read yesterday suggests that DeGoey and Moore have told the club they wish to stay.
Propensity is for the media to suggest that a player is on the way out generally.
I'd suggest that both DeGoey and Moore will likely re-sign.
Try and relax peeps.

I think so too, both will stay, I reckon. Exclamation

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:56 pm

Losing Moore would be a massive blow for our efforts to return to competing. If he were to leave draft picks aren't going to help us. We need to bring in a KPP of similar potential and age or a confirmed star. Tom Lynch would be one example. That's super tough to do and unlikely to happen, so it's far better that we keep him.

KPP are not as important as they were. Forwards even less so than defenders. Those, like Moore, that have the agility and the ability to play all over the field though, are worth plenty. He's young and has not yet proven he'll develop as everyone expects, but there's few who doubt he'll get there. Perfect time to buy, disastrous time to lose him.

As I said above, it's unlikely we'll be able to replace him if he left. We missed on Lever last year, and we are now starting to see how big a get he would have been. Bigger than Lynch. Those who say they didn't want him are now looking foolish. Lynch looks gettable for someone, but he's going to come at a great cost and there will be plenty of competition, our chances aren't strong.

The draft? We'd need a top 3 pick (top 5 at worst) and the patience to wait for 4-5 years before a KPP draftee has an impact. We definitely don't have the time for the latter and would find it difficult to get the former - teams aren't going to give away top picks in a strong draft. For me, hitting the draft for a KPP to replace Moore is not going to work. Only chance would be if we could get a Lever type who can produce straight away. They are extremely rare.

Given that replacing him is unlikely, it really is critical that we hold onto Moore.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:50 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Losing Moore would be a massive blow for our efforts to return to competing. If he were to leave draft picks aren't going to help us. We need to bring in a KPP of similar potential and age or a confirmed star. Tom Lynch would be one example. That's super tough to do and unlikely to happen, so it's far better that we keep him.

KPP are not as important as they were. Forwards even less so than defenders. Those, like Moore, that have the agility and the ability to play all over the field though, are worth plenty. He's young and has not yet proven he'll develop as everyone expects, but there's few who doubt he'll get there. Perfect time to buy, disastrous time to lose him.

As I said above, it's unlikely we'll be able to replace him if he left. We missed on Lever last year, and we are now starting to see how big a get he would have been. Bigger than Lynch. Those who say they didn't want him are now looking foolish. Lynch looks gettable for someone, but he's going to come at a great cost and there will be plenty of competition, our chances aren't strong.

The draft? We'd need a top 3 pick (top 5 at worst) and the patience to wait for 4-5 years before a KPP draftee has an impact. We definitely don't have the time for the latter and would find it difficult to get the former - teams aren't going to give away top picks in a strong draft. For me, hitting the draft for a KPP to replace Moore is not going to work. Only chance would be if we could get a Lever type who can produce straight away. They are extremely rare.

Given that replacing him is unlikely, it really is critical that we hold onto Moore.

Not so sure

Would rather draft picks who can play 22 games rather than a KPP who struggles to play 2/3rd the season.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:20 pm

A drafted KPP would struggle to play any games, of value, for three years at least.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11   

Jump to: