Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Swans circling Darcy Moore

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 11:33 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

E wrote:
masoncox wrote:
^^^^^
Dave.
Occassionally Dave a footballer comes along who can consistently turn a game.
Rene Kink could turn a game when he was switched on ...which wasn't that often. There is only a handful of players in any era who can turn a game and they are just amazing players to watch.
Of the players who could Ablett and Carey stood out but there were players like Malcolm Blight and a few others. Go back and watch the 1990 GF .....Collingwood were struggling in the first quarter and who popped up and goaled...none other than Peter Daicos...that goal changed that game ... there are great players like Buckley but I can never remember him changing the course of many games.
Today I would say Dangerfield and Martin are 2 players who can really step up and change a game when it is required.
Look at Dangerfield when he played us last year.

Eddie Betts! Lance Franklin. Jordan De Goey! Jayden Stephenson! .....

There is a difference between an excellent player like Eddie and player who realizes that they need to step up to win the game when that game is slipping away from them.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 11:34 am

E wrote:
masoncox wrote:
^^^^^
Dave.
Rene Kink could turn a game when he was switched on ...which wasn't that often. There is only a handful of players in any era who can turn a game and they are just amazing players to watch.
Of the players who could Ablett and Carey stood out but there were players like Malcolm Blight and a few others. Go back and watch the 1990 GF .....Collingwood were struggling in the first quarter and who popped up and goaled...none other than Peter Daicos...that goal changed that game ... there are great players like Buckley but I can never remember him changing the course of many games.
Today I would say Dangerfield and Martin are 2 players who can really step up and change a game when it is required.

There is a difference between an excellent player like Eddie and player who realizes that they need to step up to win the game when that game is slipping away from them.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 11:52 pm

Mugwump wrote:
^^ E, that’s a very good summary of Carey. He’s a very good commentator. Irish there were more like him.

Agree re Carey. Most of the time, he seems to speak a lot more sense than Lingy or Taylor.

Having been found guilty of calling Darcy "Peter Moore" on several occasions (can't help it - he reminds me so much of his dad in the way he lopes around especially), I recalled that Peter Moore had his fair share of hamstring injuries in his playing days. I think he may have even missed some finals because of it.

So perhaps Darcy's hamstring troubles are genetic and will always plague him. Plus, when you look at the length of his hamstrings, there's a lot of territory there for things to go amiss ie they are very long hamstrings and perhaps because of this are extra susceptible to injury. Very Happy (This may sound like a ludicrous comment, but the load on those hammies must be enormous).

I don't want Darcy to go, but if we were able to to get an equal benefit out of any trade, it wouldn't be so bad.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 3:28 pm

masoncox wrote:
^^^^^
Dave.

James Hird could change the outcome of a game and did it on a tegular basis Daisy Thomas had the potential to do it and did it a few times when playing for the Pies but injury curtailed hispotential and development.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 4:23 pm

masoncox wrote:
E wrote:
masoncox wrote:
^^^^^
Dave.

Messrs Jack Frost and Luke Shackleton were game changers but more so for our opponents

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 4:54 pm

^^^^
Begs the question
Which Pie player helped the oppostion more than he helped us?
My answer would be Jaxsom Barham
Could get the ball but then drilled it direct to an opposition player every time.
He was the butchers butcher.
K 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:57 pm

I recall Brad Smith giving away a free or two before registering any disposal, for a net negative contribution. The CFC website says that was his only game, and he did get a few disposals in that game (2 kicks, 2 handballs).
mattdally 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:23 pm

Heath Shaw / Taylor Adams are both recent ones that come to mind
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:30 pm

Let them have him, hopefully they have someone decent who wants to come to Melbourne
K 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:34 pm

^ You mean Buddy?
Invigoration 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:43 pm

Tell em we'll trade them Moore but then send up Cox instead and hopefully they won't notice before the trade gets finalised
E 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:44 pm

masoncox wrote:
E wrote:
masoncox wrote:
^^^^^
Dave.

i thought we were talking about players who could turn a game by an individual burst of brilliance and be discussed as the "difference between the two sides" fairly routinely.

Anyone who watched Friday's game saw that Eddie Betts was the difference maker (the match winner) when the game was there to be won.

As for Collingwood, we had lost control of the game in the first quarter. Enter the DeGoey who kicks three goals in 4 minutes and perverts the course of the game in our favor....

Arent these, by definition, match winners (just as Daicos was before them).

E 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:45 pm

masoncox wrote:
^^^^
Begs the question
Which Pie player helped the oppostion more than he helped us?
My answer would be Jaxsom Barham
Could get the ball but then drilled it direct to an opposition player every time.
He was the butchers butcher.

Kent butcher on the other hand was a Butcher who Butchered.....

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 11:12 pm

K wrote:
^ You mean Buddy?

No thanks
K 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 11:45 pm

^ ES, you are hard to please. Who, then? Longmire??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 6 of 11   

Jump to: