Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Swans circling Darcy Moore

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:20 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
He's very athletic and looks like he should be a top player but he mostly doesn't do much. His career average disposals are 6 kicks and 3 handballs. In his best year so far, they were 7 and a bit kicks and 3 and a bit handballs. He's never had more than 17 disposals in a game.

Here's the player comparison with Travis Cloke at the same age: https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?playerStatus1=A&tid1=5&playerStatus2=I&tid2=5&type=A&pid1=4023&pid2=1521&fid1=O&fid2=O

That was a dreadful year for Cloke (2009) - but he was still getting twice of much of the ball as Darcy, every game. By that stage, Travis had already won the Copeland and was in a temporary downturn.

Closer to home, Darcy's father played his 50th game in 1977. In that year, he kicked 76 goals. By the time he was Darcy's age, he won the Brownlow.

It's possible that Darcy might suddenly explode into a star of the competition. He moves like he has what it takes. It's just his numbers that suggest that he's ordinary.

Yes the stats don't look good.
Looks awful really
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:21 am

burnsy17 wrote:
Moore plays the game like he doesn’t really care whether he gets a kick or not... he plays with zero intensity.

He cruises around with the look on his head like he’s better than those around him.

I wouldn’t be disappointed if at the end of this year he decided to leave and someone was stupid enough to give us a top 10 draft pick for him.

He plays like anyone would, if you were fearful that your body will let you down and it's your first game back after a layoff.
mattdally 

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:48 am

If the swans are interested in Bambi - I'd be inclined to let him go - but it needs to be the right price.

We cannot afford to risk losing him for nothing. This year he has been hampered by injury and did not do a pre-season.

His best and worst are miles apart, and until he finds that consistency in his game, then he will always be that type of player.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:26 pm

Centre half back or nothing for him. Feels like we have Ben Reid part 2 on our hands. Oh the torment!
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 5:25 pm

I'm hoping Moore re-signs as he's still far from the completed product, we have no real idea what he might end up being and to trade now would be at the worst possible time.

He needs to work much harder out on the field no doubt and be made to earn his spot in the 22 but he had an achilles injury during the preseason and now a second hamstring concern.

People need to remember to that he was trained as a defender over the summer, we intended to play him in that position yet circumstance haven't allowed for it.

Only in his 4th season as a kpp so has time on his side and this season has been a complete write off so far and he shouldn't be judged more harshly because of it.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:48 am

^ tend to agree. My concern though is his ability to string more than 5 or 6 games in a row before getting injured. That may be the road block to him ever reaching his potential. Worrying signs but you'd have to give him more opportunity to have a decent run at it before letting go. Too much risk of that coming back to bite us on the arse, bigtime. Persist for now.
Achilles 

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:20 pm

He has the potential to be anything, a brilliant ruck-rover, defender and forward. Just a shame he can't get his body right. Hopefully that'll get sorted by the experts.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 2:27 pm

Think this goes all Season Long. Think he Stays but I think both Parties are bit apart
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:18 pm

Tell ya what...if he wants to go and we get at least 2 x first round picks for him I would carry his bags to Sydney for him.

With Cloke, as I have said before, I would have traded him when he was making all that disturbance at the club with his Dad about contracts. Would have got 2 x first rounders for him at the stage and we would now have been in a very very good position. He f$%#ked up our season bc media had an absolute field day (field year) and brought on the pressure....friggin trainwreck he ended up being.....THANX DAD!!!!! moron

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:05 pm

By all accounts if one believes media Darcy,s management is talking to Sydney

OK who approached who and what sparked it—was Darcy management hawking him around and by who,s authority ,Darcy himself???

Or did Sydney say “Oh let’s chase Darcy Moore,s service,s

Really don’t get it???

K 

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:32 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Think this goes all Season Long. Think he Stays but I think both Parties are bit apart

Yes, I think so. Stephenson's extension I expect much sooner.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:46 pm

magpieazza wrote:
Tell ya what...if he wants to go and we get at least 2 x first round picks for him I would carry his bags to Sydney for him.

With Cloke, as I have said before, I would have traded him when he was making all that disturbance at the club with his Dad about contracts. Would have got 2 x first rounders for him at the stage and we would now have been in a very very good position. He f$%#ked up our season bc media had an absolute field day (field year) and brought on the pressure....friggin trainwreck he ended up being.....THANX DAD!!!!! moron

Settle.

From what I've read, Darcy isn't making any disturbance, the media picked up his management was being made other offers and he's out of contract and a collingwood player so it's great click bait.

He apparently wanted to string some good games together before negotiating, the latest injury han't helped that. So expect this to go late into the season.

piester 

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:07 pm

Gerard Whately on AFL360 said that if the cost of getting Tom Lynch was giving up Darcy Moore then that would be OK. He also mentioned that Darcy is really yet to prove himself at AFL level.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:09 pm

OK. Makes sense to me.
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:59 pm

piester wrote:
Gerard Whately on AFL360 said that if the cost of getting Tom Lynch was giving up Darcy Moore then that would be OK. He also mentioned that Darcy is really yet to prove himself at AFL level.

Correct and correct!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11   

Jump to: