Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Swans circling Darcy Moore

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bay Pie 

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:31 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam wrote:
If Sydney are openly interested, then they are not.

Coz the Swans keep their cards hidden until its time to show em.

see: Buddy. The whole world thought he was going to GWS.

This. Retaliation for the Hine comment around 'Nick Blakey is in the mix for the no.1 pick". Nice timing.
The logistics of the Swans being able to do a trade is crazy. Their 1st and likely 2nd are both going to be needed to secure Blakey. How do they get another 1st rounder in this draft as we wouldn't take next years first? Trading Heeney, Mills, Parker or Kennedy? Destroying your strength doesn't help build a strong team.

Bay Pie 

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:32 am

Cam wrote:
If Sydney are openly interested, then they are not.

Coz the Swans keep their cards hidden until its time to show em.

see: Buddy. The whole world thought he was going to GWS.

This. Retaliation for the Hine comment around 'Nick Blakey is in the mix for the no.1 pick". Nice timing.
The logistics of the Swans being able to do a trade is crazy. Their 1st and likely 2nd are both going to be needed to secure Blakey. How do they get another 1st rounder in this draft as we wouldn't take next years first? Trading Heeney, Mills, Parker or Kennedy? Destroying your strength doesn't help build a strong team.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:42 am

The Swans story IMO is a beat up by Pickering to drive the value of his client up. He's known for using whatever tactics is required to secure the financial best deal for his client and ultimately himself.
Moore is a different kid. He's not a party animal he is a introvert, he has openly said he enjoys his own company more than being in a large group, I fairly sure he still lives at home and finally he grew up a pies fan.
So lumping it all together I'm sure if the club wants him bad enough we will keep him.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:12 am

First de Goey and now Moore. When will this end. Sign him up now and be done with it. The longer this sort of stuff drags on, the more drama and speculation it creates and we keep winding ourselves up into a frenzy trying to figure out his intentions and possible trade scenarios. I hope he stays. If this wasn't Pies related then no one would be giving it so much air time. Piss off siddaknee
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 12:10 am

WarrenerraW wrote:
First de Goey and now Moore. When will this end. Sign him up now and be done with it. The longer this sort of stuff drags on, the more drama and speculation it creates and we keep winding ourselves up into a frenzy trying to figure out his intentions and possible trade scenarios. I hope he stays. If this wasn't Pies related then no one would be giving it so much air time. Piss off siddaknee

Until they Re-Sign or say they are Leaving

K 

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 3:00 am

Bay Pie wrote:
Retaliation for the Hine comment around 'Nick Blakey is in the mix for the no.1 pick". Nice timing.

Interesting thought. I'm still not convinced Hine would make a good poker player.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:17 pm

After Moore’s injury today, they can have him and his father’s 1981 hamstrings too!
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:20 pm

My trade table is open for business...
MemberNo118 

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:28 pm

We should trade him. He's very overrated
Big T 

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:31 pm

He's not overated. He is just injury prone. Another talent destined to be unfulfilled...
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:33 pm

His value goes down every week.
Couple that we soft tissue injuries.
We may get a packet of smarties for him
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:40 pm
Post subject: Re: Swans circling Darcy MooreReply with quote

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
dalyc wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
According to Damian Barrett it seems the Swans are well positioned to make a play for Darcy Moore. Despite the naysayers Barrett doesn’t go with innuendo and half truths and for those with short memories, he got the Treloar to the Pies rumour in May 2015 (5 months before it happened) and similarly called the Hoskin Elliott to Pies rumour months ahead of the actuality.

With Peter Moore taking over Darcy’s contract negotiations, I’m hoping Peter doesn’t do a “1983” to us again and organise another defection from the Pies. Peter, I reckon it took Pies fans and the club 25 years to welcome you back into our hearts and given your healthy “mining assets portfolio” Darcy won’t ever have to queue up at Centrelink!

“No Moore Filth” please.

I read that Peter thinks leaving us and going to Melbourne was a bad choice and one he regrets. Darcy may go but I don’t think Peter will be the reason.

From what I've seen Peter loves his son being at Collingwood. And Peter leaving Collingwood for Melbourne was more to do with the fall out from the Tom Hafey sacking than any acrimony between Peter Moore and Collingwood.

very true, and some yrs ago, Peter moore admitted leaving the Pies was a huge mistake by him, he regretted it a lot. Moore wont go, and I don't reckon either will de goey, he owes us really, for putting up with him an his shenanigans, and why would he want to go to dead shit team like the saints, no flag or finals there for a long long time to come. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 11:46 pm

Swans circling ? Nah mate, those’ll be vultures.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 8:34 am

He's very athletic and looks like he should be a top player but he mostly doesn't do much. His career average disposals are 6 kicks and 3 handballs. In his best year so far, they were 7 and a bit kicks and 3 and a bit handballs. He's never had more than 17 disposals in a game.

Here's the player comparison with Travis Cloke at the same age: https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?playerStatus1=A&tid1=5&playerStatus2=I&tid2=5&type=A&pid1=4023&pid2=1521&fid1=O&fid2=O

That was a dreadful year for Cloke (2009) - but he was still getting twice of much of the ball as Darcy, every game. By that stage, Travis had already won the Copeland and was in a temporary downturn.

Closer to home, Darcy's father played his 50th game in 1977. In that year, he kicked 76 goals. By the time he was Darcy's age, he won the Brownlow.

It's possible that Darcy might suddenly explode into a star of the competition. He moves like he has what it takes. It's just his numbers that suggest that he's ordinary.
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:10 am

Moore plays the game like he doesn’t really care whether he gets a kick or not... he plays with zero intensity.

He cruises around with the look on his head like he’s better than those around him.

I wouldn’t be disappointed if at the end of this year he decided to leave and someone was stupid enough to give us a top 10 draft pick for him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11   

Jump to: