Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Swans circling Darcy Moore

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

swoop42 wrote:
Woods wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Id have thought the team could find a spot for Darcy somewhere - say CHB?

Yes, but is that what Darcy wants? How many Brownlow votes do defenders get. If he has ambitions to win a Brownlow or two like his old man did he'd be wanting a role that attracts votes. And that role might be at another club.

25 goal a season forwards aren't winning Brownlow's.

That is where Moore is presently and I'd like to think he's more concerned about getting fit, working hard and getting a kick than delusions of grandeur.

He still has a long way to go yet to prove himself an A grade performer let alone a worthy Brownlow medalist.

I often thought there'd be some kind of rivalry or comparison between he and Joe Daniher as their careers progressed.

At the beginning of last season I thought Darcy may pass Joe. Then Daniher had an All-Australian year. I still thought there was time for Darcy to turn into an AA quality player. Daniher is 2 years older and has 2 more seasons of experience.

But if we're going by the years, then Moore would be due for AA honours next season.

Moore will be 23 as the start of the 2019 season. Yes I want him to stay at Collingwood. But most, if not all, of the great KPPs were already established by 23. Yes, his 2018 has been ruined by injury. And yes I'm very big on tradition and sentiment. I want him to stay and become the player we all think he can be.

It's just, if his departure brings us established players while we're in the window.....

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:50 pm

Presti35 wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Woods wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Id have thought the team could find a spot for Darcy somewhere - say CHB?

Yes, but is that what Darcy wants? How many Brownlow votes do defenders get. If he has ambitions to win a Brownlow or two like his old man did he'd be wanting a role that attracts votes. And that role might be at another club.

25 goal a season forwards aren't winning Brownlow's.

That is where Moore is presently and I'd like to think he's more concerned about getting fit, working hard and getting a kick than delusions of grandeur.

He still has a long way to go yet to prove himself an A grade performer let alone a worthy Brownlow medalist.

I often thought there'd be some kind of rivalry or comparison between he and Joe Daniher as their careers progressed.

At the beginning of last season I thought Darcy may pass Joe. Then Daniher had an All-Australian year. I still thought there was time for Darcy to turn into an AA quality player. Daniher is 2 years older and has 2 more seasons of experience.

But if we're going by the years, then Moore would be due for AA honours next season.

Moore will be 23 as the start of the 2019 season. Yes I want him to stay at Collingwood. But most, if not all, of the great KPPs were already established by 23. Yes, his 2018 has been ruined by injury. And yes I'm very big on tradition and sentiment. I want him to stay and become the player we all think he can be.

It's just, if his departure brings us established players while we're in the window.....

100% that last point. Unless its an upgrade of Dunn I dont think hes that important. Get a first and second rounder for him and move on!

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:18 pm

I like Darcy and reckon he has the potential to be a great player, but if he is not happy and wants out, then I say let him go and get the best deal we can for him.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:43 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I like Darcy and reckon he has the potential to be a great player, but if he is not happy and wants out, then I say let him go and get the best deal we can for him.

Rudeboy, who is saying Darcy Morre is not happy at Collingwood? I thought I heard Bucks say he's not happy he's got hammy injuries or words to that effect.

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:40 am

So Moore will spend another week on the training track before resuming in the VFL hopefully next week.
As usual, the layoff is always longer than first thought.
It said on the update injury list that Treloar won't even start training till the 8th or 9th week.
Can't see him playing again this year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11   

Jump to: