Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Cats - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 6:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Jpies wrote:
Probably worth noting that it's Scott Selwood. Rather than let some on here get too excited...

I was excited for a split second Embarassed

K 

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 6:21 pm

Cam wrote:
Glenn Archer was 182 cm and he played on small and tall alike. He would have handled Coxy as well.

No, he would not have. Not on a resting ruckman.

The one instance I recall was Gavin Brown playing in the back pocket at Vic Park on Jason Ball. Brown was a special case.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:01 pm

I think this is a game we can have some confidence in.

On paper the Cats may seem the better team, but we have performed well against them for a while. Last year we won by 29 and lost by 11 when depleted.

Hawkins played in the first of those games and missed the second. Unfortunately he will also miss this week. The standout stat was that Selwood was kept to under 20 disposals in both.

Adams is going to be a key. He's played 4 games this year and in my opinion has not yet played a good one. I'm hoping we have him going head to head with Selwood.

Not sure what we can expect from Wells in his first game, but if he can get close to his form from last year he will have an impact.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 10:13 pm

K wrote:
Cam wrote:
Glenn Archer was 182 cm and he played on small and tall alike. He would have handled Coxy as well.

The one instance I recall was Gavin Brown playing in the back pocket at Vic Park on Jason Ball. Brown was a special case.

Have you not been watching how to beat Cox, bump him when the ball is 2m away is all it takes. Archer was the king of that, he played on guys like Richardson and the Roccas gave them a hard time with his jump and scrapping. Coxy might be the height of a house but until he learns to deal with that bump he will get found out. However he has been doing better at avoiding it lately.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 10:45 pm

Cam wrote:
K wrote:
Cam wrote:

Have you not been watching how to beat Cox, bump him when the ball is 2m away is all it takes. Archer was the king of that, he played on guys like Richardson and the Roccas gave them a hard time with his jump and scrapping. Coxy might be the height of a house but until he learns to deal with that bump he will get found out. However he has been doing better at avoiding it lately.

Yep that’s what I said here a couple of weeks back, he tips over! Needs more body strength. But gees he’s playing well this year for the most part

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 12:09 am

Someone should take a Duck Whistle to the Game Tomorrow for Joel Duckwood
K 

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 3:11 am

Cam wrote:
K wrote:
Cam wrote:

I thought you didn't mean specifically just Cox, but that Cox was just an example of what you meant by "tall". Because if you mean Cox specifically, then it becomes a question of US college graduates with no knowledge of the game... For the height question, Sandilands is a better test case. Would Archer have been played on Sandilands and done well?

I really don't recall Archer playing directly on either Rocca. Did he really? What was Martyn doing then?
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 3:13 am

""? Did he? For real.
K 

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:02 am

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/pies-midfield-rising-to-pre-season-challenge-20180512-p4zexg.html
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:35 am

K wrote:
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/pies-midfield-rising-to-pre-season-challenge-20180512-p4zexg.html

Our midfield has been a bit funny this season really
Early days Sidey was killing it week in week out then he's gone off the boil a little but up steps Treloar the past 2-3 weeks and he's been sensational.
The work load has been shared with both Sidey and Pendles also being asked to do run with/tag roles with very good success when in the past we wouldn't have considered this move. The mi have rotated through the forward line well with both Thomas and JDG kicking a bag each and Sidey Treloar hitting the scoreboard regularly as well.
It appears Hockings mantra is no one is bigger than the team and it's a shared workload.
Today we come up against a vastly experienced and talented midfield. It's a challenge but I think we can match up well on them.
Wells might be the ace up our sleeve in this game.
We need to make the most of every chance we get going forward and he's silky skills with ball in hand having that last kick inside 50 could really be a bonus to us.
I think Moore needs to play back. They will likely play Taylor Buzza and the resting ruck forward so we will need his height. Dunn can play on Taylor Howe on Buzza and Moore on the resting ruck Murray or Crisp on Menzel.
I would go with the quickest most mobile forward line we can. There back 6 are quite slow across the board so JDG Stephenson Varcoe Sidey WHE Wells Thomas could all have a field day.
As a left field move who would you see Mayne going to Selwood ? Selwood isn't quick and Mayne is similar build to Greenwood and we know Selwood doesn't like close attention. Mayne has a natural defensive game and can tackle and harass. It's not like we need him as a forward.
Maybe Brown can work on Ablett a bit as well. It would help his development following gaz around for a bit taking him to the ball.
If we can win the contest at ground level it will go a long way to winning on the scoreboard
Pies by 16
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:42 am

Mayne plays up and down the flanks. If Mayne played on Joel Selwood, Joel would most likely murder him. Also if Moore was going to play down back Buckley would have made the move last week. Ruckmen play on ruckmen so the Geelong resting ruckman on their forward line will be opposed to either Grundy or Cox. The Geelong talls in their forward line don't worry me anywhere near the extent Hawkins would worry me. I'd be more worried about their smalls and mediums on their forward line as well as the Geelong mids moving down the forward line. Our backs couldn't play as badly this week as last week so I'm not expecting a shootout to occur. It's more likely going to be a low scoring tightly contested hard fought game of football with a lot of swings in it. I'd be surprised if either side gets the acendancy. I'm expecting a few points between the two sides in the end.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 12:27 pm

K wrote:

Quote:
while Brodie Grundy and Mason Cox have been solid in the ruck

Good to see Grundy getting some recognition for his "solid" form. Right up there with Cox. Shocked

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 1:31 pm

Very interested to see who plays in he Magoos

I've been saying since Thurs that Pendles would be a late out. Still think he will be but JEEZ I hope I'm wrong! We need him against the thug-cheats, he always kills em.
If he does withdraw (he tweeted about how he couldn’t wait for the NBA playoff game tomorrow... Not today?) & Bux slots Blair in I'll frigin SCREAM! Daicos or Wills would be FAR better replacem.ents. Why won't he play em? I would've liked him to consider Levi for today after his BOG in the twos last week. Cant let all 3 (Duckwood, Danger, Gaz) run round unchecked! Pendles coulda taken Danger at the stoppages, Do we just tag the one? They’ve only beaten us when Danger has got off the chain. We SHOULD win this, we certtainly have the cattle, I'm just worried about final selections

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 1:39 pm

Billy done a hammy Sad
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 1:52 pm

Ffffff***********KKKKKKK
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14   

Jump to: