Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Cats - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:46 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

In : Brown, Langdon, Maynard

Out : Appleby, Mayne, Pendlebury (presumably)

Crocker seemed to have limited impact last night, so he may make way for Fas, but maybe he is more defensively active and this explains our ability to set up well behind the ball. Otherwise, I cannot see why he keeps getting selected.

Appleby is promising, but he has had his learning experience and needs to continue developing in the twos.

Last edited by Mugwump on Mon May 07, 2018 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:47 am

Mayne may only be one bad game away from being dropped but I’m not convinced his game against the Lions was that bad.
I would be a little surprised if he gets dropped on the back of a reasonable performance.
Crocker is the interesting one. Playing as high half forward and not getting a lot of it. I would be looking over my shoulder if I was him.
It only needs either Langdon or Maynard to be ready to go and Appleby will be the first to go. Solid debut and now has a platform to build on.
Blair - who knows ???
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:44 am

I think that bias is playing a heavy part in the judgments against Chris Mayne. Because he was maligned in the media last year, I think he's now the new whipping boy after the departure of Jesse White. He was a solid, experienced and steady contributor last night picking up 18 disposals with one goal and handing one off late in the game if I recall. I'm not too sure what else is expected of him because he was never a prolific ball winner or goal kicker and I'm certain he wasn't recruited for that purpose anyway. Mayne is good for 15-20 touches and 1-2 goals. His defensive work and a bigger frame is what he brings.

I wasn't happy that we almost lost, but for people on this board to be treating it as a loss, is asinine. I didn't think Collingwood played badly at all. It's just that Brisbane played pretty good and had a crack. I know some people were expecting a thrashing but it's time to respect every opponent, even the winless ones.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:48 am

SwansWay wrote:
I think that bias is playing a heavy part in the judgments against Chris Mayne. Because he was maligned in the media last year, I think he's now the new whipping boy after the departure of Jesse White. He was a solid, experienced and steady contributor last night picking up 18 disposals with one goal and handing one off late in the game if I recall. I'm not too sure what else is expected of him because he was never a prolific ball winner or goal kicker and I'm certain he wasn't recruited for that purpose anyway. Mayne is good for 15-20 touches and 1-2 goals. His defensive work and a bigger frame is what he brings.

I wasn't happy that we almost lost, but for people on this board to be treating it as a loss, is asinine. I didn't think Collingwood played badly at all. It's just that Brisbane played pretty good and had a crack. I know some people were expecting a thrashing but it's time to respect every opponent, even the winless ones.

Very true. The Lions have been a winning chance in every game except v Richmond. With Our fixture it was a good win. No more fixture excuses now, or injuries. This is our big test and there is NO TEAM I’d rather beat than these pr1cks.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:49 am

SwansWay wrote:

Very true. The Lions have been a winning chance in every game except v Richmond. With Our fixture it was a good win. No more fixture excuses now, or injuries. This is our big test and there is NO TEAM I’d rather beat than these pr1cks.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:49 am

SwansWay wrote:

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:51 am

What kind of people?
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:52 am

Damien wrote:
[quote="SwansWay"]I think that bias is playing a heavy part in the judgments against Chris Mayne. Because he was maligned in the media last year, I think he's now the new whipping boy after the departure of Jesse White. He was a solid, experienced and steady contributor last night picking up 18 disposals with one goal and handing one off late in the game if I recall. I'm not too sure what else is expected of him because he was never a prolific ball winner or goal kicker and I'm certain he wasn't recruited for that purpose anyway. Mayne is good for 15-20 touches and 1-2 goals. His defensive work and a bigger frame is what he brings.

I wasn't happy that we almost lost, but for people on this board to be treating it as a loss, is asinine. I didn't think Collingwood played badly at all. It's just that Brisbane played pretty good and had a crack. I know some people were expecting a thrashing but it's time to respect every opponent, even the winless ones.[/quote]

What kind of people?
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:55 am

I'm not impressed by Geelong and haven't been for the last few years. They seem to be an unconvincing Top 4 team each and every year. I'm confident about this game. Maybe more than I was about the Brisbane game. We've had their measure the last few years.

HAL ...not sure what you mean?
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 12:27 pm

MagpieBat wrote:

You know you want it...

I might want it but does Buckley want it?

After what had occurred against Brisbane in previous weeks I assumed that there would have been a lock down player assigned to Zorko yesterday but it didn't occur. I understand that Greenwood didn't play but I was watching the game and particularly watching what Zorko was doing and it seemed to me that based upon Buckley's philosophy there may not be much of a future for Greenwood at Collingwood. I hope I am wrong as I like him and the way that he goes about the game.

It seems that Buckley has an "I will back our players to go head to head to beat their players" philosophy and that assigning a tagger or lockdown player runs contrary to that. He may be right about that, either now or in the future when we will hopefully improve, but as at now, it would be strange to see him change philosophy so much from week to week.

Buckley looks at the game in a different manner than I do, and I suppose many others on this board do. He is thinking about the team structure as a whole, whereas I want to see Greenwood annoying Duckwood all game and smacking into his head each time Duckwood ducks.
roar 

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 12:37 pm

Adams should be able to tag Selwood if Greenwood isn't ready. It will keep Adams out of the backline, where he should never play, and I really don't want to see Greenwood and Adams in the same team.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 12:39 pm

Yes, I have always been a Buckley supporter but allowing .Zorko 32 possessions and four goals yesterday was a shining disgrace.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 12:47 pm

roar wrote:
Adams should be able to tag Selwood if Greenwood isn't ready. It will keep Adams out of the backline, where he should never play, and I really don't want to see Greenwood and Adams in the same team.

Yes, that point was raised in the pre game Brisbane thread with respect to Zorko. Buckley doesn't need team meetings, he just needs to read this board!
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 1:28 pm

Was it just me or did anyone else think Bucks looked away with the fairies every time the camera went onto him in the box. Even in the presser he seemed preoccupied.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 1:35 pm

Wells: Ready to go. With Pendles a possible out, it's almost a certainty that Wells gets back in.

Greenwood: 1 game at VFL level and was managed throughout that game, but named Collingwoods best. Will be tempting to bring him back after last year, but he may need another game or two in the seconds.

Fasolo: He's hungry. Very hungry. And he's done enough in the VFL. Would be a smart inclusion for mine. Will take his chance and run.

Sier: I'm actually pretty excited about Sier now. A big, hard body and killing it in the VFL. So, so close to an AFL debut and this could be it.

McLarty: Another to impress in the VFL. I dont know if he'll get a game this week, but at worst, he'll be named emergency.

Brown: After a week off, will he come straight back in? Thats what happened with Crocker.

Mihoceck, Madgen and Daicos all need to keep pressing their case in the VFL. I dont think they'll be considered this week, but the signs are still positive for them.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 2 of 14   

Jump to: