Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Chris Scott calls Buckley's prior opportunity idea ‘silly’

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

FOX Footy had some State of Origin replays on last night, playing last quarters of some of the best matches.
Watched the first one they showed, which was the 1986 game between WA and Vic. Jeez it tough. But expansive, fast and skillful at the same time. There were like 14 goals kicked in the last! Imagine that today! Some games are lucky to see 14 goals kicked in total.
Certainly entertaining. That ground must have been rock hard, never seen bounces go as high as those.

K 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:38 pm

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/channel-seven-boss-wants-more-goals-more-beauty-in-the-afl-20180608-p4zk9t.html

Tim Worner, Channel Seven boss:

"I want more goals ... That's the most valuable 30 seconds of screen real estate in Australian television, aside from the 30 seconds after an over.''

"I believe if we get a string of close games, you'll see the numbers come up. If we can get Collingwood firing, that helps.''
K 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:02 pm

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/change-is-a-coming-the-only-question-is-how-much-20180609-p4zkjy.html
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:30 pm

^ I get the point and I'd be the same if I was the C7 boss, and what he asks for is very much what most of us want, but...

The minute we start taking note of an opinion from those that will benefit financially then we will be down the slippery slope and there is no turning back, the AFL shouldn't.... wait a minute... forget it too late...

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:10 pm

^ Financial interests have no intrinsic bearing on the issue. Every day you buy your bread from someone who stands to benefit financially. The question is only whether your interests are aligned with their financial benefit. In the case of Channel 7, the answer is yes, as you rightly said. What the broadcaster wants is what we all want. Bring it on.
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:50 am

Yesterday's Freo and Crows game was a cracker. Fast, expansive, tough entertaining footy. An anomaly in today's game. I'm not sure why we get one or two of these games a round, with the rest tied up in congestion. Or absolute debacles when a good teams line up against shockers like GC and the Aints.

Last edited by didick on Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:37 am

the freo game was good but the lions vs bombers game was a shocker this round so far has been a bore. hope our game is a excellent one
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:56 pm

^^^ Yes true, but then it becomes harder to say no. Night GF and eventually every game played at night... Not really but that’s my point.
K 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:22 am

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-06-12/scrapping-bench-shorter-games-on-coaches-agenda

Chris Fagan:

"Chris Scott and I were talking about an idea about shortening the game somewhat and playing more games, but shortening them, and maybe even looking at the idea of not having interchange but going back to the 19th, 20th, 21st and 22nd man so the game opens up a little bit more quite naturally, because the players won't be able to run as much as they can currently with 80-odd rotations.

"That's one of the things we talked about, but there's lots of different ideas … zones and things like that seem a little bit clunky, umpires have to umpire that.

"It will all come out in the course of time, I suppose. Maybe nothing will happen. Maybe it's too hard."
K 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:40 am

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-06-14/make-cosmetic-changes-bevos-call-for-caution

Luke Beveridge:

"We've got to identify the main reasons for (congestion) and not make drastic changes that may not work and might send the game into spiral or freefall in other areas."

"There are things currently in the game through the broadcast (requirements) and the umpires not moving the game on quick enough that encourage and entice congestion.

"There will always be times when there's a lot of numbers in certain areas, but I'd make the cosmetic changes and see how it affects us.

"Let's not be too dramatic.

"I'm not for some of the remedies that people are discussing because I think you can just make really simple adjustments and things can change."
K 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:07 am

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/beware-the-unintended-consequences-coaches-warn-20180618-p4zm8p.html
K 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:25 am

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/new-rules-for-old-an-eternal-struggle-20180622-p4zn6v.html
K 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:17 pm

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-06-29/all-clubs-to-trial-potential-new-rule-changes
K 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:22 pm

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/rule-trials-aren-t-new-as-footy-loses-sense-of-history-20180710-p4zqj4.html

"SOME SIGNIFICANT CHANGES TO ENCOURAGE SCORING

1925-1938: Free kick awarded against player who kicked or forced the ball out of bounds.

1969: Free kick awarded against players who kick the ball out of bounds on the full.

1859-1876: After the ball passed behind the goal line, it had to be kicked in directly towards the opposite goal by a member of the defending team from any part of a line drawn 20 yards from, and parallel to the goal line. In 1877 the line was reduced to 10 metres from the goal line.

1973: Centre diamond introduced.

1975: Centre diamond becomes centre square."

Last edited by K on Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
jatsad 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:41 pm

Who cares what Scott says.
This flog wants to reduce the game length and the teams to 16 players.

Just go away.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 7 of 12   

Jump to: