Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 5 - Werribee vs Collingwood at Chirnside Park Oval

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 8:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Is wind a factor, MB ?

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 8:27 pm

Score update, Pies lead 98-55.

Our percentage is currently 169.29, up from 166.98 coming in, and on the live ladder, we've risen from 5th to 2nd as it stands right now...

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 8:29 pm

Donny wrote:
Is wind a factor, MB ?

I am told that it is not.

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 8:31 pm

With scoring in something of a lull, Jack Madgen steps up the plate and kicks his first of the night!

104-56

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 8:36 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
With scoring in something of a lull, Jack Madgen steps up the plate and kicks his first of the night!

104-56

FWIW, On SportsTG they've given it to Nathan Murphy

****update***** now given to Magden!!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 8:42 pm

Shame about Smith.

Well done VFL side

Go Pies.

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 8:47 pm

Full Time.

Werribee 8.9.57
Collingwood 16.14.110

GOALS - Wellings 3, Gallucci 2, Fasolo 2, Close 2, Madgen, Chippendale, Lynch, Daicos, Wells, McLarty, Josh Smith

Gallucci just snuck one in before the siren rang!

Over to you!

CoastPie Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 8:50 pm

thanks heaps MB
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 11:20 pm

2 from 2 Today
barrackers 

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 12:51 am

It was a rough old game particularly from Werribee, a 'pies player came off in the last quarter calling an opponent an arsehole and was still complaining about their tactics a couple of minutes later, as pointed out on bigfooty by stoods Rivers did likewise at three quarter time with regards to Collins. Some thoughts:

Madgen - improving, a couple of nice intercepting marks today, but it was his voice and instruction that stood out to me.

Greenwood - came on late in the second quarter and played in defence where he applied good pressure and strength. Not sure if he'll have the pace for that role in the seniors, but it could free up Maynard or Crisp to spend more time in the middle. Handy game considering limited game time and the long lay off; if today's any guide I don't think he'll be at this level for long.

McLarty - one of his better games, solid marking and provided a good contest in the ruck with a few Grundy like clearances. Developing a real presence at this level.

Sier - clear BOG, best game I've seen from him with more outside footy and more metres gaining meaning a much higher hurt factor today. Really knocking down the door for senior selection now.

Mihocek - good defensive game, some good marks, but also fumbled a few on the second attempt. Will need to improve on that if he's to play seniors.

Fasolo - played his best when moved into the middle where he was really assertive in his attack on the footy and defensively. Provided a target forward, but our kicking didn't help with the footy often placed on or above his head despite playing against a taller opponent. With more lace out passes he could have kicked a bag. Hesitated on one occasion when forward though, Werribee had the footy in the pocket Fasolo wanted to do the team thing and pressure the ball carrier taking a couple of steps towards him before looking over his shoulder and realising this would leave his opponent unmanned - ultimately Fasolo stayed on his man and another 'pies player went to the bloke with the footy. I only mention this as it's one of those instinct versus instruction things.

Wells - looked trimer than when I last seen him a fortnight ago and was quite good. Must be close to a senior recall.

Daicos - started well, but faded before bobbing up late for a goal

Lynch - another who's improving, albeit he's still a long way off senior footy. Nice hands today and my sense is he won't end add being a ruck who struggles to take contested marks.

Murphy - in and out of the game, reads the play well and took some important incept marks across half back.

Brown - very raw, but has some qualities that will translate well to senior footy with time. What stood out today is his ability to use his hips well to invade or break free of a would be tackler while at the same time keeping his hands high.

Wellings - I'd have him as our best VFL player today, uses the footy well and gets in the right positions. One to watch.

Gallucci - best game for the club, worked well in tandom with Fasolo

Chippendale - played KP at both ends, provided a good target
Kosh 

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 11:48 am
Post subject: Thanks for the summary B.Reply with quote

barrackers wrote:
It was a rough old game particularly from Werribee, a 'pies player came off in the last quarter calling an opponent an arsehole and was still complaining about their tactics a couple of minutes later, as pointed out on bigfooty by stoods Rivers did likewise at three quarter time with regards to Collins. Some thoughts:

Madgen - improving, a couple of nice intercepting marks today, but it was his voice and instruction that stood out to me.

Greenwood - came on late in the second quarter and played in defence where he applied good pressure and strength. Not sure if he'll have the pace for that role in the seniors, but it could free up Maynard or Crisp to spend more time in the middle. Handy game considering limited game time and the long lay off; if today's any guide I don't think he'll be at this level for long.

McLarty - one of his better games, solid marking and provided a good contest in the ruck with a few Grundy like clearances. Developing a real presence at this level.

Sier - clear BOG, best game I've seen from him with more outside footy and more metres gaining meaning a much higher hurt factor today. Really knocking down the door for senior selection now.

Mihocek - good defensive game, some good marks, but also fumbled a few on the second attempt. Will need to improve on that if he's to play seniors.

Fasolo - played his best when moved into the middle where he was really assertive in his attack on the footy and defensively. Provided a target forward, but our kicking didn't help with the footy often placed on or above his head despite playing against a taller opponent. With more lace out passes he could have kicked a bag. Hesitated on one occasion when forward though, Werribee had the footy in the pocket Fasolo wanted to do the team thing and pressure the ball carrier taking a couple of steps towards him before looking over his shoulder and realising this would leave his opponent unmanned - ultimately Fasolo stayed on his man and another 'pies player went to the bloke with the footy. I only mention this as it's one of those instinct versus instruction things.

Wells - looked trimer than when I last seen him a fortnight ago and was quite good. Must be close to a senior recall.

Lynch - another who's improving, albeit he's still a long way off senior footy. Nice hands today and my sense is he won't end add being a ruck who struggles to take contested marks.

Murphy - in and out of the game, reads the play well and took some important incept marks across half back.

Brown - very raw, but has some qualities that will translate well to senior footy with time. What stood out today is his ability to use his hips well to invade or break free of a would be tackler while at the same time keeping his hands high.

Wellings - I'd have him as our best VFL player today, uses the footy well and gets in the right positions. One to watch.

Do you think that Sier has the quickness of mind and pace to cut it at senior level?
barrackers 

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 2:40 pm
Post subject: Re: Thanks for the summary B.Reply with quote

Kosh wrote:

Do you think that Sier has the quickness of mind and pace to cut it at senior level?

It's a bit difficult to gauge until their exposed to the level, but Sier looks an instinctive footballer rather than reactive and in terms of pace he's quicker than Wills. Sier's more impressive clearances are more often the result of brute force rather than a Judd like burst of speed, so he's not fully reliant on pace anyway.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 3:06 pm

barrackers wrote:

Thanks "Barrackers"

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:10 pm

Coach rankings.

1st-Mihocek
2nd-Sier
3rd-Wellings
4th-McLarty
5th-Greenwood
6th-Madgen

die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 1:50 am

Fantastic start to the season

Photos have been uploaded to Facebook if anyone is interested.

Really like the look of Callan Wellings. Another amazing 23rd man find to add to the long list of very draftable 23rd men, including; Marty Hore, Lach Tardrew, Cam Lane and Kye Beveridge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: