Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Tigers - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:02 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Held them for just under 3/4 of the game. Ultimately we ran out of legs and they over ran us in the end. The final score does not reflect the quality of the contest for most of the game.

The game showed thst we are on the right track and when we play our brand of footy we are competative. Disappointed by the final result but confident we can go on from here.

The injuries are a concern. Aish was showing his potential and Reid has proved once again thst he is vulnerable to soft tissue injury. Both are significant losses hopefully on the short term.

Appleby showed an unexpected maturity and composure for his first game. Kid has potential. Blaire aquitted himself well and played his role. Mayne was the Mayne we expected and whilst he may have played his role he had little influence on the game.

John LEWIN 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:17 am

Great to see such a strong consensus among the posters. Couldn't agree more, a great test, which in the circumstances the boys passed with merit. For mine, Richmond had the challenge right in front of them and got out of gaol late because of the combination of fatigue and injury. Richmond are a settled team with heaps more experience and fitness overall than what is being assembled in black and white. They had an edge coming in and it got bigger in the course of the game. We get to play them again I think (and hope). The experience was invaluable and the players will know they can cut it with the Premiers. They will look forward to beating them and that is exactly where you want their heads to be. Given the lead up to the game, three games in how long? Adelaide in the wet away, Anzac Day, whew! won well but plenty of young guys getting a taste of a big mental pressure game in front of 90,000, the need to rotate, players coming in, including two kids fresh out of school just about, another huge crowd and occasion 3 days after the last one, playing the Premiers and the Brownlow medalist, it was right up there. I'm not saying we would have won if Richmond had the same break and we had no injuries. BUT! it would have gone down to the wire and made Adelaide's GF effort look lame. As for what the hypothetical would be with us at full strength that can only bring an even bigger smile to your face when you ponder how the future is looking (bar injuries of course)
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:41 am

Mugwump wrote:
^ yeah, every role player on our list should have the impact of the top ten A+ graders of the competition... sheesh.

Sometimes stats have little value.
Quoting disposals can be of little use sometimes.
It is what you do with the ball that is so much more important.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:49 pm

^ yes, ok, I see the point you were trying to make. Anyway, I think Blair played his role well yesterday and he had as much net impact as Josh Thomas, and more than Mayne or Dunn or Stephenson. He was not the reason we lost, at all.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:57 pm

Mugwump wrote:
^ yes, ok, I see the point you were trying to make. Anyway, I think Blair played his role well yesterday and he had as much net impact as Josh Thomas, and more than Mayne or Dunn or Stephenson. He was not the reason we lost, at all.

Very true.
Josh was disappointing.
As for Stevo ...... I am normally a fairly pessimistic person.
But I reckon Stevo will have a fair chance of winning a brownlow
in 5 or 6 years.
Keep blooding this guy. He has all the skill sets of a modern player.
Just play the young guys I reckon.
Even if we fall off the perch later on this season.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:04 pm

Dunne was undisciplined

Stevo battled and experienced what real heat and pressure is —he will be better for it

Blair gave everything he had against comps best

Mayne unfortunately has lost whatever mojo he had

And Sidey tried “dinky” again but thank god he desisted and returned to his
good stuff

In that last stanza I noticed one Pie who lost a contest fall and looked so stuffed battled to regain his feet (he was hangin for a bed)

So now the horror of the “difficult “ first six over regroup and as injury will see some selections of interest

We HAVE a future

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:11 pm

masoncox wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

Very true.
Josh was disappointing.
As for Stevo ...... I am normally a fairly pessimistic person.
But I reckon Stevo will have a fair chance of winning a brownlow
in 5 or 6 years.
Keep blooding this guy. He has all the skill sets of a modern player.
Just play the young guys I reckon.
Even if we fall off the perch later on this season.

Yep, I might have noticed the odd note of pessimism in your posts Wink

I don’t disagree with you on Stevo. He’ll be great, and this in and out performance is the stuff of young players.

I was disappointed with Josh T yesterday as I think that his improvement has been the type of under-the-radar change that has made us more competitive this year. Perhaps the short break affects some harder than others due to aerobics, style of play etc.

I disagree with you though in that I think that blooding young players works best when there is a strong base of deep experience around them. Partly because you need experience to be competitive and successful in AFl (I was at the game yesterday and I thought that it was Richmond's more mature bodies and calm that told most in the end), and young players need to learn in a winning culture. The issue, of course, is whether the experienced guys are actually good enough to get you over the line. That is where there is a fair ? over Blair, though I love the little bloke for his commitment and for making the best of his talents.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:15 pm

BazBoy wrote:
Dunne was undisciplined

Stevo battled and experienced what real heat and pressure is —he will be better for it

Blair gave everything he had against comps best

Mayne unfortunately has lost whatever mojo he had

And Sidey tried “dinky” again but thank god he desisted and returned to his
good stuff

In that last stanza I noticed one Pie who lost a contest fall and looked so stuffed battled to regain his feet (he was hangin for a bed)

So now the horror of the “difficult “ first six over regroup and as injury will see some selections of interest

We HAVE a future

Tick on all points, especially the last. The corner has been turned, no bones about it. I am bloody excited at the thought of bringing Moore, Varcoe, Adams and Elliott back into that side. All of them are top 12 in our best 22. An Indian summer from Wells (think they are resting him for the easier draw post Geelong) and anything is possible.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:26 pm

I must admit I am encouraged by 3 and 3 result (certainly loved more)

Now we pick ourselves up and show we have grunt—I know we have and a door open’s if we go down the track of big body (Sier) for Aish or a tried one in Tay Adams

Is it time to try Mc Larty if Reid goes to medical room for a spell

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:05 pm

We have more talent across the board than Richmond, now that we have their gamestyle it is only a matter of time before we start to beat them again.
jayaykay 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:35 pm

Has anyone heard anything more about Cotchin's sling tackle...was it on Blair? I just caught a brief glimpse of the incident during a slo-mo replay, but I can't recall if any commentator picked up on it. Usually they replay these sorts of things over and over.
And didn't Cotchin get a free kick from this? I assume it was from some sort of Pies retaliation?

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:17 pm

jayaykay wrote:
Has anyone heard anything more about Cotchin's sling tackle...was it on Blair? I just caught a brief glimpse of the incident during a slo-mo replay, but I can't recall if any commentator picked up on it.
Usually they replay these sorts of things over and over.
And didn't Cotchin get a free kick from this? I assume it was from some sort of Pies retaliation?

F&cking amazing isn't it?
Will be watching very closely to see if sniper-girl gets looked at for this.

Good snipe by Rance on Blair as well, when his head was over the ball.
Play on.

How did we get those c&nts of things for umpires yesterday?

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:41 pm

BazBoy wrote:

I noticed that too and immediately thought that we had collected another injury. But the player (I think it may have been "my" boy) was just completely stuffed.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:48 pm

And I have had a theory for a while with Dustin Martin —the way he bursts and fends off with an arm —hey somebody grab that f*-#@n arm and pull the prick off balance

Well he tried that tactic at a stoppage and I saw a “Pie “ hand grab his wrist then he got collared and spilled the pill

In another post I wished Wills or Siers were there —he would have spent the game at Epworth having it sewn back on😀😀😀😀😀

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:41 pm

BazBoy wrote:
And I have had a theory for a while with Dustin Martin —the way he bursts and fends off with an arm —hey somebody grab that f*-#@n arm and pull the prick off balance

Well he tried that tactic at a stoppage and I saw a “Pie “ hand grab his wrist then he got collared and spilled the pill

In another post I wished Wills or Siers were there —he would have spent the game at Epworth having it sewn back on😀😀😀😀😀

It was Maynard who dragged him to the ground.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13   

Jump to: