Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Tigers - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpies035 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:13 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Great effort today. Everyone knew the 4 day break would hurt us and I believe this should have been a Monday game to allow a better rest. The other problem I feel was at selection. Mayne and Blair should not have been picked. Fasolo should have been picked even give a Daicos a go. Just think selectors got it completely wrong.
I’m still not convinced on Cox to me he doesn’t do enough. My opinion only

Fix selection and get back with a win

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:21 am

DT wrote:
Went today and I liked what I saw. The team has an excellent defensive character that largely stood up against the best team. I think there is a lot of upside to the Pies this year especially if we get a fair run with injury.

Scharenberg took his game to a new level today. If you remember Shane Morwood you just relaxed when he got the ball and Scharenberg is the same. Seriously good player.

Appleby what a debut! Has speed footy smarts and is courageous.

Howe - he is back! Fantastic game.

De Goey - really needs to lift and make his mark on a game. Too inconsistent and not involved enough.

Cox - starting to believe in himself. Look out - he was causing Richmond headaches in the first half

I’d love to play RICHMOND in the finals with a stronger team. We are not far off.

I like the Morwood analogy. Similar body shapes too.
They both glide around and just make the right decision.
You would still take Moreood right now but Shaz is closing in.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:54 am

The Tigers were at full strength, but we have enormous room for improvement, so I was actually pleased with our effort, apart from De Goey, who was lack lustre throughout the game, despite kicking a great goal.

My only worry from the game, however, was that even when Grundy was winning the hitouts, we were still losing the centre clearances. We have to improve in this area or we will struggle in September. Maybe it's time to try a bigger body like Sier in there to shake things up a bit?
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:02 am

masoncox wrote:
think positive wrote:
masoncox wrote:
^^^^
Wells played great last week in the VFL.
He is always a week to week proposition.
He will never be fully fit.
Faz can be a match winner or a dud....we all know that.
But you don't admit that on their days something special could have happened.
Clearly Wells and Faz would have been a better combination.
Because there was an outside chance that they could have dominated.
But with Blair and Mayne had almost zero chance of making a decent impact.
But that is just my opinion.

I think anyone was worth risking ahead of Mayne the way he played, but if hes been tearing it up in the 2s, well i guess give him a shot, but surely now, hes done. So yeah Wells or faz would have been better, worth the risk IMO.

but not worth risking 23 players. Blair earned his spot today, i wont bother trying to convince those who dont agree, as i know what the bias is to him, but he wasnt our worst today, and right til the end he fought on as always.

Blair was nowhere near our worst.
But I am always harping about one thing and that is impact.
To beat the best we need impact!
Blair doesn't have any impact unfortunately.
Blair has been excellent in the VFL....but he just is not quite a decent AFL player.
He has played over 150 games ....that is a great effort on his part.

I have no idea what you’re talking about. Blair has impact nearly every time he enters a contest or gets the ball. How many times does he win 50/50s in tight situations or worry an opposition player off the ball? There may be some deficiencies in his game that have left him as a fringe selection, and perhaps he lacks the flair and athleticism of some of the younger guys, but I think it’s absolute nonsense to say that he has no impact on the game.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:37 am

Spot on David, but honestly, like I said, it’s a waste of.time, for some reason he just seems to bug people! No one player was to “blame” we just ran out of legs. It was a mighty effort for three quarters. Their experience came through in the end. What player on our list could you have added that would make A six goal difference in the end? (Forget the Dunne double) what 2 players?
Mayne didn’t do much, but he’s not the reason we lost, and Blair certainly wasn’t.

Sheesh from where we were last year to yesterday! And still because we got over run by the reigning premier, the top team, some supporters are writing us off! Far out! The only game you can question this season is the Hawthorn one, and even then there were signs.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:40 am

Win some —lose some 😱

A couple of soldiers go down in the battle (we lost battle but not the war)

But a new soldier showed what he can do —Flynn a good man to have in the trenches

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:36 am

RudeBoy wrote:
The Tigers were at full strength, but we have enormous room for improvement, so I was actually pleased with our effort, apart from De Goey, who was lack lustre throughout the game, despite kicking a great goal.

My only worry from the game, however, was that even when Grundy was winning the hitouts, we were still losing the centre clearances. We have to improve in this area or we will struggle in September. Maybe it's time to try a bigger body like Sier in there to shake things up a bit?

De Goey faded after half time and I don't think his fitness levels are up to where they should be against a fit side like Richmond. He needs another few games to be able to play out games.
glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:42 am

BazBoy wrote:
Win some —lose some 😱

A couple of soldiers go down in the battle (we lost battle but not the war)

But a new soldier showed what he can do —Flynn a good man to have in the trenches

Yes - we found a gem here. I think he will keep a place in the side. Selection this coming week will be very interesting. Being against Brissy we may see some unusual selections - good time to try out another fresh face. I'm excited to see more of flynn.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:42 am

think positive wrote:
Spot on David, but honestly, like I said, it’s a waste of.time, for some reason he just seems to bug people! No one player was to “blame” we just ran out of legs. It was a mighty effort for three quarters. Their experience came through in the end. What player on our list could you have added that would make A six goal difference in the end? (Forget the Dunne double) what 2 players?
Mayne didn’t do much, but he’s not the reason we lost, and Blair certainly wasn’t.

Sheesh from where we were last year to yesterday! And still because we got over run by the reigning premier, the top team, some supporters are writing us off! Far out! The only game you can question this season is the Hawthorn one, and even then there were signs.

Another spot on comment TP. Hawthorn was poor. That's not the way we play our footy. The other five show a lot of promise and see no reason why the form shouldn't continue despite the injuries. We have the depth now to go deep into the season.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:55 am

We would have beat any other team in the AFL yesterday. We almost out-Richmond Richmond. Forget the margin at the end. It was alive til half way thru the last qtr. A LOT to like. The future is bright. We should be aiming for top 4.
MagpieDynasty Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:19 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
That's the worse 38-disposal game I've seen since whenever I last saw Tom Mitchell do it. Phillips is a complete liability.

Good grief really!! You’re a tough judge!

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:31 am

MagpieDynasty wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
That's the worse 38-disposal game I've seen since whenever I last saw Tom Mitchell do it. Phillips is a complete liability.

Good grief really!! You’re a tough judge!

Yep, it’s hard to be at your best when you have leather poisoning.
He’s terribly one sided but he works so hard offering support up and down the wings. The game is all about extra numbers at the contest and that’s where he works harder than most.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:31 am

think positive wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:
We did alright today, the Tiger supporters around me were concerned at 3qtr time.
The final scores did not reflect on the game at all!
We gave up in the end, fatigue setting in, injuries & those cheapie frees they got.
It's not the amount of free kicks but where on the ground you get 'em.
No point telling me we got a dozen more frees when ours are in the fkn backline whilst their 4 or 5 were in the fwd line!

They can seriously fk right off, we're coming mate!

i agree with all you say except the give up comment, no one quit, thats too harsh, they gave everything they had.

Well we sorta did right at the very end though.
Once they got those junk time goals in those final moments, they knew, we knew, everyone knew we were gone, we just couldn't match it, it wasn't our day.

I've said it a dozen times, I don't really GAF whether we win or lose, it's the EFFORT I am looking at & we cannot fault yesterdays effort, we kept at them right up to the middle of the last quarter, I am super proud!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:35 am

David wrote:
masoncox wrote:
think positive wrote:
masoncox wrote:
^^^^
Wells played great last week in the VFL.
He is always a week to week proposition.
He will never be fully fit.
Faz can be a match winner or a dud....we all know that.
But you don't admit that on their days something special could have happened.
Clearly Wells and Faz would have been a better combination.
Because there was an outside chance that they could have dominated.
But with Blair and Mayne had almost zero chance of making a decent impact.
But that is just my opinion.

I think anyone was worth risking ahead of Mayne the way he played, but if hes been tearing it up in the 2s, well i guess give him a shot, but surely now, hes done. So yeah Wells or faz would have been better, worth the risk IMO.

but not worth risking 23 players. Blair earned his spot today, i wont bother trying to convince those who dont agree, as i know what the bias is to him, but he wasnt our worst today, and right til the end he fought on as always.

Blair was nowhere near our worst.
But I am always harping about one thing and that is impact.
To beat the best we need impact!
Blair doesn't have any impact unfortunately.
Blair has been excellent in the VFL....but he just is not quite a decent AFL player.
He has played over 150 games ....that is a great effort on his part.

I have no idea what you’re talking about. Blair has impact nearly every time he enters a contest or gets the ball.
, but I think it’s absolute nonsense to say that he has no impact on the game.

Meaning of Impact
Cyril Rioli disposals per game over career....15
Jarrod Blair disposals per game over career ....16.
Who do you you think has more impact??????
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:40 am

^ yeah, every role player on our list should have the impact of the top ten A+ graders of the competition... sheesh.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13   

Jump to: