Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Tigers - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Magpietothemax wrote:
All those who are critical about the non-selection of Wells: there is no point in this line of argument. If wells were fit, he would have been selected, there is no doubt about that.
I am mostly concerned about Reid. We should have taken him off once the game was gone. I just hope he is OK.

Reid is gone!
When I was a kid I was always fascinated with the ads in the local paper classifieds that read...dead stock removals ...free!
Getting to that point with Reid.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:24 pm

masoncox wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
All those who are critical about the non-selection of Wells: there is no point in this line of argument. If wells were fit, he would have been selected, there is no doubt about that.
I am mostly concerned about Reid. We should have taken him off once the game was gone. I just hope he is OK.

Reid is gone!
When I was a kid I was always fascinated with the ads in the local paper classifieds that read...dead stock removals ...free!
Getting to that point with Reid.

Not sure what you are implying by this. He has been great for us, I believe, over the last few weeks. His game against Essendon is severely underestimated. While he appeared to have little impact, did not anyone notice that Hurley (one of their key springboards) likewise had none? That was in large part due to Reid.

Brenny 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:24 pm

I’m not too worried about the 43 points, or whatever it ended up as.

Going into the fourth we were two down and then Reid did his Achilles.

On top of that, we effectively had a 3 day rest. Result was much closer than the score board would say.

We’re def up and about.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:25 pm

Brenny wrote:

On top of that, we effectively had a 3 day rest. Result was much closer than the score board would say.

We’re def up and about.

Achilles?? Is this confirmed?? That is really bad news.

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:36 pm

Brenny wrote:

We’re def up and about.

In the last 5 years including this year Reid has averaged just over 10 games a year.
He has soft tissue issues.
Not going to get any better I think.
Just for the record he played 4 in 2014, 5 in 2015, 17 in 2016, 15 in 2017 and 6 this year with probably an extended period on the sideline this year.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:40 pm

Ok, I only listened on the radio, however from what I could tell...

We are back.
We are coming at the rest of the comp hard.

The fact that we were 19 pts down halfway through the last and still coming at the Tiggers like the undead was a good sign. The fact that we *were* dead, on our feet, and Grundy lowering his colours in the guts led to the junk time goals [a bit like a grand final]. And make no mistake this game was played like a final.

However, the next month will make us or break us [just like the last month]. We need to win the winnable ones [every game is winnable now] and get to 8 wins asap, hopefully around the mid season break.

Losing Reid makes things easier as it allows Moore to come back in and not disturb our back unit who have been playing extremely well, as a unit.

Losing Aish hurts slightly, but allows Adams/Varcoe/Wells whoever back in without messing with the applecart too much.

Losing Blair and Mayne [who apparently didn't disgrace themselves today] will aid the reserves and help us bring in more class.

We need to get back into the 8, and stay there. But can't afford to take any team easy.

DT 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:01 pm

Went today and I liked what I saw. The team has an excellent defensive character that largely stood up against the best team. I think there is a lot of upside to the Pies this year especially if we get a fair run with injury.

Scharenberg took his game to a new level today. If you remember Shane Morwood you just relaxed when he got the ball and Scharenberg is the same. Seriously good player.

Appleby what a debut! Has speed footy smarts and is courageous.

Howe - he is back! Fantastic game.

De Goey - really needs to lift and make his mark on a game. Too inconsistent and not involved enough.

Cox - starting to believe in himself. Look out - he was causing Richmond headaches in the first half

I’d love to play RICHMOND in the finals with a stronger team. We are not far off.

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:17 pm

We did alright today, the Tiger supporters around me were concerned at 3qtr time.
The final scores did not reflect on the game at all!
We gave up in the end, fatigue setting in, injuries & those cheapie frees they got.
It's not the amount of free kicks but where on the ground you get 'em.
No point telling me we got a dozen more frees when ours are in the fkn backline whilst their 4 or 5 were in the fwd line!

They can seriously fk right off, we're coming mate!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:20 pm

DT wrote:
Went today and I liked what I saw. The team has an excellent defensive character that largely stood up against the best team. I think there is a lot of upside to the Pies this year especially if we get a fair run with injury.

Scharenberg took his game to a new level today. If you remember Shane Morwood you just relaxed when he got the ball and Scharenberg is the same. Seriously good player.

De Goey - really needs to lift and make his mark on a game. Too inconsistent and not involved enough.

Cox - starting to believe in himself. Look out - he was causing Richmond headaches in the first half

I’d love to play RICHMOND in the finals with a stronger team. We are not far off.

Yes I agree with this.
I thought that we really proved ourselves to be a new team in this game. We had so many of our top quality players out, and yet held our own until exhaustion, brought on by inadequate recovery time, and injuries sustained during the game, made it impossible.
Mason Cox has announced that he is here. What a first half. This is a sign of what he will be able to do. I think he is an awesome force.
Our handballing is not just a flash in the pan. Richmond apply the greatest pressure in the AFL, and our handballing was still brilliant on so many occasions.
Losing is always disappointing. But I think that the reasons for this loss are entirely comprehansible, and the brilliance we saw on display, give me great hope going forward into this season

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:20 pm

DT wrote:

Yes I agree with this.
I thought that we really proved ourselves to be a new team in this game. We had so many of our top quality players out, and yet held our own until exhaustion, brought on by inadequate recovery time, and injuries sustained during the game, made it impossible.
Mason Cox has announced that he is here. What a first half. This is a sign of what he will be able to do. I think he is an awesome force.
Our handballing is not just a flash in the pan. Richmond apply the greatest pressure in the AFL, and our handballing was still brilliant on so many occasions.
Losing is always disappointing. But I think that the reasons for this loss are entirely comprehansible, and the brilliance we saw on display, give me great hope going forward into this season

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:25 pm

ANNODAM wrote:
We did alright today, the Tiger supporters around me were concerned at 3qtr time.
The final scores did not reflect on the game at all!
We gave up in the end, fatigue setting in, injuries & those cheapie frees they got.
It's not the amount of free kicks but where on the ground you get 'em.
No point telling me we got a dozen more frees when ours are in the fkn backline whilst their 4 or 5 were in the fwd line!

They can seriously fk right off, we're coming mate!

i agree with all you say except the give up comment, no one quit, thats too harsh, they gave everything they had.

Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:29 pm

We absorbed some high pressure moments through the first three quarters and looked comfortable under the heat of a hard tackling team. Unfortunately our in's were always going to leave us short in the end. Cox had his moments but doesn't have the nouse to work the Angles - needs to mark the ball straight in front, otherwise the ball comes out - and can't give us 4 quarters. I don't think it's sustainable to build our forward line around him.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:36 pm

Cruisinwithdids wrote:
We absorbed some high pressure moments through the first three quarters and looked comfortable under the heat of a hard tackling team. Unfortunately our in's were always going to leave us short in the end. Cox had his moments but doesn't have the nouse to work the Angles - needs to mark the ball straight in front, otherwise the ball comes out - and can't give us 4 quarters. I don't think it's sustainable to build our forward line around him.

I am a big supporter of mason cox hence my name but he needs to develop some mongrel.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:44 pm

^Yes, true. At the moment he relies on intellect, manual dexterity and his physical attribute of height. I think the game tonight showed that this combination already is starting to create a real presence. But the extra ingredient of mongrel would be a massive.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:06 am

^^^
He can be a bit “ nice “, particularly when the defender is in front of him.
He’s already missed a week this year, so I imagine the last thing he wants to do is miss another one.
Controlled aggression is a very fine line these days.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 9 of 13   

Jump to: