Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Magpies v. Bombers - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:46 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomorrow is big as!!

I look with interest at the ladder with two games left

We have the to leap over sides and a win can put us eighth

Wipe the floor with Bummers having a huge win seventh is ours

Great footy last two games so now do it again

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:47 am

Latest weather report has the showers arriving and then clearing earlier than predicted a few days ago. Should be near perfect conditions at the G come game time.

Melbourne area, Wednesday 25 April.
Max. 21C.
Medium (60%) chance of showers in the morning, then a dry, partly cloudy afternoon. Light winds.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:52 am

Don't understand all the posters talking about how we handle this player or that player from the bummers.
Just in case some have forgotten we have a few players who go alright too
How do they handle Sidey ?
His only in career best form every week lately.
He's shown he can tag a player and still be important to our attacking side of the game as well. Maybe they try to tag Sidey ? I wouldn't be concerned with that just send Sidey to FF can't tag him there and we all know he's capable of kicking 3-5 goals as well
Grundy isn't going to bad either. Bellchambers might compete at the ball ups and throw ins but around the ground and in effort on effort Grundy will own him
Murray is just racking up miles like he's training for a marathon. He's quick and backs himself.
Reid is smart and if left unattended has shown he will make you pay. He's our leading mark in attack and can land them from 50
Cox is doing a job getting it too ground when he doesn't grab it
Treloar is looking far more poised than in the first couple weeks. He's getting it but using it smarter
Scharenberg is taking intercepts marks at will. He's showing why the club rated him so highly. He could be a smokey for the Anzac Day medal by taking a dozen intercepts. And let's not forget about how he uses the ball as well
Then we've got another 8-10 players just doing there jobs and doing them well with different players stepping up each week. Thomas Phillips Dunn Howe Brown Stephenson are all putting in decent performances
Oh and then there's a guy called Pendlebury remember him the 5 time Copeland winner who like Sidey has shown this season he can do a different job and do it well.
If I was the bummers coach I would wonder how you can stop so many players who can be match winners
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:44 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:

Cox is doing a job getting it too ground when he doesn't grab it

Yes he is being very effective palming the ball to crumbers in marking contests. But this has me a little worried. I remember the Dogs during their premiership year were doing similar and there was debate about whether this was actually a throw. The argument was that the rules allow palming of the ball in a ruck contest, but in a marking contest the ball must be punched with a fist if it is to be knocked clear. Just wondering whether we might see a harsher interpretation from the umpires at some stage that will penalise and negate Cox's goal assistance when he palms the ball in marking contests.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:10 pm

^ I don’t think a throw has been defined in the rules, but unless you have control of the football I don’t think there is any way a directed tap of the ball in the air could be deemed a throw. It happens in play all the time, so the whole game would change.
Jpies 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:29 pm

Mugwump wrote:
^ I don’t think a throw has been defined in the rules, but unless you have control of the football I don’t think there is any way a directed tap of the ball in the air could be deemed a throw. It happens in play all the time, so the whole game would change.

Agree. I've noticed a lot of players this year using the tap. Not just in marking contests, but around the clearances. It seems to be happening more when a player gets a handball and knows they are going to be cleaned up straight away. Rather than take possession and concede that there will be a ball up when tackled, the players seem more keen to try to tap the ball to a teammates advantage.

I think this is a good thing. There are less stoppages, the game flows quicker. And as long as they're not taking possession first, it's entirely within the rules of the game and just smart football.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:39 pm

^^^

The Hawks ( who else ) have been masters at it for years.
They just keep the ball in motion moving forward.
They are easily still the best team going around “ without the ball in hand “ but other teams ( particularly Tigers ) are bringing it into play.
It only works if you have support around you but it is a damaging “ disposal “ when it’s used effectively.

Agree too, that anything within the spirit of the law that reduces stoppages and congestion should be encouraged and not penalised.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:52 pm

Current AFL players are much more innovative than years gone —Stevo’s first goal came from such innovative act

Cox up and outnumbered in a marking contest got hand to ball and “scooped “
the ball over from right to left over left shoulder(maybe Oaklahoma trick) to open space in front of goal and by the time the kid got the ball he had turned head to watch the goal—we all witnessed that clever bit of play

Was watching Kanga -Dork game and bugger me a player running and about to get tackled hand balled just out of reach of a Dork so as ball bounced up into another teammates path

Result created an attack at goal

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:04 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Fasolo and Daicos not listed as emergencies after their games on the weekend? Laughable. They better be part of our plans vs Richmond.

You also had a hissy fit last week because Fasolo wasn't picked and if Cox played and it rained, Buckley could pack his bags that night. You, sir are the very definition of a drama queen! Any chance you could one day get on here and post something positive?? Rolling Eyes

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:15 pm

Magpies 'slowly building trust', says Pendles

by Ben Guthrie, Apr 24, 2018 1:28PM

COLLINGWOOD is starting to develop the familiarity within its playing group required to become a top AFL team, skipper Scott Pendlebury says.

The Magpies will be looking to back up one of their most impressive victories in recent years – the 48-point thumping Adelaide last round – against Essendon in Wednesday's Anzac Day blockbuster at the MCG.

Pendlebury said he had noticed signs in the club's game style over the last few weeks that made him bullish about what his team could produce in 2018.

"I think we're building the brand of footy that we want to play," Pendlebury said.

"We're slowly building, I think. All the great sides – Hawthorn, Geelong – it's all built on trust.

"It's all built on being a cohesive unit, and I think that's what we're aspiring to do and we're trying to get better and better every week.

"The challenge for every side is to get better every week. We played so well against Adelaide, but it doesn't count for much come tomorrow."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-04-24/magpies-slowly-building-trust-says-pendles#/
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:17 pm

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Fasolo and Daicos not listed as emergencies after their games on the weekend? Laughable. They better be part of our plans vs Richmond.

You also had a hissy fit last week because Fasolo wasn't picked and if Cox played and it rained, Buckley could pack his bags that night. You, sir are the very definition of a drama queen! Any chance you could one day get on here and post something positive?? Rolling Eyes

Ummmm.......no chance. Rolling Eyes
mosig 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:52 pm

LONGEST WAIT EVER
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:28 pm

mosig wrote:
LONGEST WAIT EVER

never been pregnant hey?

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:41 pm

Bit of a meaty debate from the AFL web site between Cal Twomey and Mitch Cleary about which team is closer to a flag: Collingwood or Essendon.

(Something to fill in the time and maybe alleviate the anxiety of waiting for Wednesday's game - labour pains excluded.)

EDIT: bugger me, the link has been taken down. Will post back when I find it.

EDIT 2: here it is: http://www.afl.com.au/video/2018-04-24/pies-or-dons-whos-closer-to-a-flag
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:16 pm

think positive wrote:
mosig wrote:
LONGEST WAIT EVER

never been pregnant hey?

GOLD T P That does add some perspective 😂
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13   

Jump to: