Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Magpies v. Bombers - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:17 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
Cam wrote:
Whichever team doesn't turn up hungry will get pantsed. If both teams show up its anyone's game. Hopefully it's ours.

We will shit it in. Cool

I admire your confidence Rude.

bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:40 am

IN: Mayne
OUT: Crocker

Surely Mayne deserves his chance after a good block of VFL form. The window is now before Elliott, Moore etc start vying for selection as well, at which time he be forever shut out.
Anyway, we'll get more output from Mayne at this point in time than Crocker, who lacks in strength, speed, talent.

The only other one I'd consider is Wills in for Brown. I don't like Brown's dinky chip kicks and loopy handballs...very shaky. Other than that Browny's been doing well and probably won't be omitted.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:43 am

We can't all be perfect.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:01 am

bally12 wrote:
They have been Playing Mayne on the wing to change his game style and it will be a horses for courses when he gets into the squad. My thoughts are you don't fix what isn't broken. You want to keep a group of players playing together in as many games as possible. So I can't see them altering a winning team unless it's necessary (injury or resting). On form no one deserves to be dropped. Exception to the rule would be a fit a Moore or Elliot but they are not fit.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:05 am

OK, I will keep a group of players playing in as many games as possible.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:53 am

Culprit wrote:
bally12 wrote:
They have been Playing Mayne on the wing to change his game style and it will be a horses for courses when he gets into the squad. My thoughts are you don't fix what isn't broken. You want to keep a group of players playing together in as many games as possible. So I can't see them altering a winning team unless it's necessary (injury or resting). On form no one deserves to be dropped. Exception to the rule would be a fit a Moore or Elliot but they are not fit.

Spot on. Brown has been great the last two games and is getting better with each game. Crocker has been applying great defensive pressure on the forward line even though he hasn't been kicking a lot of goals. The equivalent of Crocker is Goldsack, not Mayne, who is playing a new role this year. Aish plays on the wing as does Brown, so it's difficult at the moment to see how Mayne gets a game.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:03 am

After the solid performance last week we should go in with an unchanged line up. Don't want to upset the balance unless it's purely for injury or match-up reasons. Think we'll win again. We're up and about and could stick it to any one the way we're going at the moment. I'm expecting a tough game but we'll tough it out simply because we're tougher. The four day break after doesn't help but it certainly makes the game all the more important. Expect changes for the tiggaz game for player management reason.
MagpieDynasty Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:43 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:
After the solid performance last week we should go in with an unchanged line up. Don't want to upset the balance unless it's purely for injury or match-up reasons. Think we'll win again. We're up and about and could stick it to any one the way we're going at the moment. I'm expecting a tough game but we'll tough it out simply because we're tougher. The four day break after doesn't help but it certainly makes the game all the more important. Expect changes for the tiggaz game for player management reason.

A spot on assessment in my view. Yes Mayne is kicking the door in and he'll get his chance. Win or lose on AD, the selection for the Tigers match will be a headache with Mayne, Adams, Elliott and Faz all likely to be available - and throw into that mix possibly Wells and Moore!

For the first time in a long time we have a nice problem to have Smile Shades of a recent yesteryear maybe!

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:19 pm
Post subject: PReply with quote

Having a look at Moments in Time on Collingwood Media and the 1995 Anzac Day

Really worth a look and Sav Rocca 13 kicks 10 marks for 9 goals

Bucks 30 touches—-our CHF Dermie “The Kid” Brereton

E 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:56 pm

bally12 wrote:

Surely Mayne deserves his chance after a good block of VFL form. The window is now before Elliott, Moore etc start vying for selection as well, at which time he be forever shut out.
Anyway, we'll get more output from Mayne at this point in time than Crocker, who lacks in strength, speed, talent.

The only other one I'd consider is Wills in for Brown. I don't like Brown's dinky chip kicks and loopy handballs...very shaky. Other than that Browny's been doing well and probably won't be omitted.

isn't that funny. Commentators are in awe of Browns skills by hand indicating that a couple of goals came as a direct result of Brown's precision hands. i agree with the commentators on this one.

i guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:02 am

E wrote:
bally12 wrote:

isn't that funny. Commentators are in awe of Browns skills by hand indicating that a couple of goals came as a direct result of Brown's precision hands. i agree with the commentators on this one.

i guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I don't want to pick on Browny too much as I think he's doing well and improving all the time. With his handballing, I can't remember exact instances but I had the feeling he's done a few of those loopy handballs where the other player waits so long to receive the ball that he gets tackled immediately when he does catch it. That's one of my pet hates. Maybe it was Phillips or Maynard or Crispy..I'm sure they've done a few of those.
Definitely though his kicking needs to flatten out as he has done a lot of iffy chip kicks.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:32 am

We seem to be favourites for this match everywhere, which I reckon is based on current form only. Probably not much between both sides at their best. We however have many more of our best 22 off the park. Really need to win this one boys.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:38 pm

Cam wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Cam wrote:
Whichever team doesn't turn up hungry will get pantsed. If both teams show up its anyone's game. Hopefully it's ours.

We will shit it in. Cool

I admire your confidence Rude.

im with rude for some weird reason i just cant wrap my head around!!

no changes for mine, just would not be fair, unless injured the whole team deserve to play again.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:42 pm

Question:

When do we select our side——the usual Thursday night

Or closer to the game

Thanks for advice

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:01 pm

BazBoy wrote:
Question:

When do we select our side——the usual Thursday night

Or closer to the game

Thanks for advice

Presume both teams will be allowed to nominate 26 players, with 4 to be culled on match morning? Is that what has happened in previous years?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 4 of 13   

Jump to: