Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Magpies v. Bombers - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see us exposing any of Moore, Adams, Wells etc to 2 games in 4 days so I feel we might go in unchanged for Anzac Day and then bring in 4 fresh players for Richmond.
MagpieDynasty Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:50 pm

swoop42 wrote:
I can't see us exposing any of Moore, Adams, Wells etc to 2 games in 4 days so I feel we might go in unchanged for Anzac Day and then bring in 4 fresh players for Richmond.

Makes perfect sense to me - no need for the risk and if it aint broke......

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:54 pm

swoop42 wrote:

That’s my read too. Moore in particular has missed a bit of the preseason along with the last couple games. He’s important for the long term, so I can’t see them rushing him back in.
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:06 pm

^ I see the point but disagree. AD is the biggest H&A game of the year. It’s an honour to play. Lose to the bombers and it ‘sets us back’, lose to the tiges and no-one bats an eyelid. They can rest after AD. If they’re ready then they play.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:45 pm

swoop42 wrote:

Rare to see 4 changes, particularly if we have 3 in a row under our belt. Gunna be a lot of time spent on selection for these next few games. My gut says no changes this week and for the follow up game vs the Tigers you might see a veteran like Ben Reid getting a spell for Moore and Elliot in for Crocker if he doesn’t hit the scoreboard vs the Bomners. A great problem to have though. Let’s jist hope we get everybody through training unscathed based on last week.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:02 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
IN: Adams and Moore (IF FIT)

Out: Brown Langdon

If fit, then yes to those ins. I dont think I'd drop Brown though.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:35 pm

From the VFL:

Fasolo - Was great 2 weeks ago in the VFL. Seems to have his fitness back, but was not over influential against Port Melbourne in a wet soggy day. A chance to come in for mine.

Wells - Played half a game in VFL. Not ready. Which is a shame. Would love to see him play the Anzac clash. Dont think he'll be ready for Richmond either.

Mayne - Been in the best's in the VFL. Laid 12 tackles with 23 touches and a goal. Will be an emergency at worst.

Daicos - Is coming along nicely. Just a shame the Port game was so waterlogged. Might be an emergency. But we'll probably have to wait and see if he can keep it up in the VFL a bit longer.

Wills - Was one of the bests in the wet vs Port. Not enough to get the call up.

Sier - I think he's actually close to getting the call. But I dont think it'll be this week.

Blair - Has been serviceable in the VFL. We know Bucks likes him. But I think he'll resist the temptation.

Mihocek - Just doing his job. Been named emergency a few times this year due to his size and position.

McLarty - Was very good against Port and has been good so far in the VFL season. We might have something to work with here going forward. You'd think he's close considering our KPP stocks.

Off the injury list:

Adams - Only listed as a 1 week injury. He'll obviously be tested during the coming days and a 12 day break will help. If fit he'll play.

Elliot - Also listed as one week. But I think we'll need to see him prove himself in the VFL.

Greenwood - Should be able to return via the VFL and prove his fitness.

Moore - I dont think will be ready. Which, like Wells, is a shame. Might be ready for the Tigers, but I even feel like that is a push atm.

burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:08 pm

You’d think this week there’d be no changes and then the following week there’d be a heap of them due to the 4 day break. I wouldn’t be surprised if we made 7 or 8 changes for the Richmond game.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:16 pm

^^^

Nice work Presti. Cheers

There’s a dark side of me that wants to see Mayne get another chance on the back of his recent form ( more likely against Tigers )
He would grab his next chance, like it’s his last ever game of footy. If he plays well in a new role, then he stays in and that’s good for depth. If he bombs out, then at least we know his new found form and role still doesn’t cut it in the firsts and we can all move on.
As you said, his ongoing VFL form is very good, so an opportunity sometime soon shouldn’t be seen as a total surprise.
foreigner Aries

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:17 pm

burnsy17 wrote:
You’d think this week there’d be no changes and then the following week there’d be a heap of them due to the 4 day break. I wouldn’t be surprised if we made 7 or 8 changes for the Richmond game.

Your point is valid, but if we win on Anzac Day, 7 or 8 changes could jeopardize the structure and momentum we have been building; unless forced to do so. It is intriguing to think what the coaches will decide.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:01 pm

Don't want to make no changes this week and then massive numbers next week. I think we should definitely not rush Moore back in, so I would not select him for Anzac Day, even if he looks fit enough. Give him an extra few days.If Adams is fit, then surely he comes in.Who for? Difficult question, perhaps Callum Brown, or James Aisch?? Then, maybe Fas for Crocker, though again I am not sure about this, as Crocker and Stephenson together are two very fast guys. Suddenly, we have huge amounts of depth!!
I would not be dropping Langdon, though. He is becoming part of a stable, fantastic defence.
So i would be saying: Adams in, Fas possibly in.
Brown/Aisch out; Crocker possibly out.
But i really am not sure.
If we win against Essendon, then it will be extremely difficult to decide who should make way for Moore!!

E 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:08 am

foreigner wrote:
burnsy17 wrote:

Your point is valid, but if we win on Anzac Day, 7 or 8 changes could jeopardize the structure and momentum we have been building; unless forced to do so. It is intriguing to think what the coaches will decide.

The younger blokes will be fine on 4-5 days rest. The guys I'd be worried about are blokes like Ben Reid and Trav Varcoe both of whom have a history of getting hurt to fatigue injuries. I'd be shocked if Reid played both games (and even more shocked if he does play and then didn't then miss a month through injury). Scharenberg is another that i might chose to give a week of rest to.

My view is that we pick our absolute best side to beat the Bombers. It is an 8 point game given that they are going to be in the same bracket as us (6-12) come September.

Win, lose or draw against the bombers, i think we need to be pragmatic against the Tigers. Victory will be difficult (unless we beat (or lost to) the bomber by 10 goals and we get to cruise the last quarter - both scenarios unlikely). I would go into that game remembering that having the best team on the park for the month following that game is also important.

The good news is that there are serviceable experienced players that are going to be pretty close for the Tigers game in 2 weeks time. I could see Well, Blair and Mayne all being given a look, and nothing wrong with trying a bloke like Sier, Wills or even Daicos to provide some fresh and powerful legs in the midfield (which may be weary).

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:34 am

Reckon there will only be one change, with Adams returning at the expense of an unlucky Brown.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:09 am

I’ll be astonished if Brown gives way for anyone. I’d guess no change with Adams back on the following weekend for Richmond.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:53 pm

Mugwump wrote:
I’ll be astonished if Brown gives way for anyone. I’d guess no change with Adams back on the following weekend for Richmond.

Makes sense.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13   

Jump to: