Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies crush Crows - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Magpies035 wrote:
That’s was amazing. Something has changed in 2018 and in the last 2 weeks under Buckley and the rest of the coaching group.
This is very clear. A Gameplan. Have not seen this for around 5 years.
This is good. If we maintain this style it could be the winning formula we have been looking for.
2 weeks sample is good. Keep it up for the rest of the year and anything is possible
Go Pies

I reckon it actually began in the 2nd half of last year, when we drew with Adelaide, (should have) beat the Giants, and threw the Toffs out of the finals in round 23. Even in round 2 against the Giants I thought we played really well, and if we hadn't lost Moore in the first half, we would have won that game. Sometimes it takes a while for players to develop their self belief and confidence to implement their coaches game plans. Everything seems to be clicking into place nicely, and we should only get better as key players return from injury. The ball is in our court and the sky is the limit in 2018. Go Pies!
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:12 pm

I'm an Adelaide supporter and i thought the frees were a cheap way for the umps to make the game somewhat entertaining. Pies were good, crows were shocking.

From a cow supporter.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:15 pm

Magpies035 wrote:
That’s was amazing. Something has changed in 2018 and in the last 2 weeks under Buckley and the rest of the coaching group.
This is good. If we maintain this style it could be the winning formula we have been looking for.
2 weeks sample is good. Keep it up for the rest of the year and anything is possible
Go Pies

The last 3... we showed plenty against the giants too, should have won that game.

blackandwhite4life Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:41 pm

After the 1st pre season game and then Round 1 vs Hawks, I was definitely in the "ye of little faith" group.

But halfway through the 2nd quarter last night I had no doubts that we would win and probably win well.

We were playing a brand of confident footy that I've only seen in glimpses before under Bucks. It was the combination of a settled defensive pattern that was strangling the Crows along with brave, fast ball movement....AND kicking straight.

It all comes down to confidence, which obviously needs to be credited to the coaching and player leadership group.

I'm now confident that we are not going to continue the downward slide of the last 5 years.

We are definitely back on the climb up the ladder.

glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:51 pm

best win in recent memory - I spent some time in Adelaide with a crows supporter and they take their footy seriously there - if you ever get the chance the local games are awesome.
Not to take anything away from the win but if I were a crows supporter I'd want to shoot the muppet that came up with the pre season mental camp idea. They may well be all happy and fine with what played out but it certainly didn't help them last night.
So happy to see Stephenson hit back after last week - I too had him rested. Also pleasantly surprised with Browns game - a real contributor. I knew Cox would come on. Really feel we have a spine developing.
Looking forward to the next game - would love to pants the Dons (cannot get past the drugs saga - I believe its twice as bad as the Blues salary cap debacle, the brand should have been banished for 2 years).

K 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:57 pm

glasseyevfx wrote:
Not to take anything away from the win but if I were a crows supporter I'd want to shoot the muppet that came up with the pre season mental camp idea. ...

That was another resounding win for unprofessionalism, mercifully not at our club this time. It's like they've been watching too much Bear Grylls nonsense.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:30 pm

glasseyevfx wrote:
best win in recent memory - I spent some time in Adelaide with a crows supporter and they take their footy seriously there - if you ever get the chance the local games are awesome.
Not to take anything away from the win but if I were a crows supporter I'd want to shoot the muppet that came up with the pre season mental camp idea. They may well be all happy and fine with what played out but it certainly didn't help them last night.
So happy to see Stephenson hit back after last week - I too had him rested. Also pleasantly surprised with Browns game - a real contributor. I knew Cox would come on. Really feel we have a spine developing.
Looking forward to the next game - would love to pants the Dons (cannot get past the drugs saga - I believe its twice as bad as the Blues salary cap debacle, the brand should have been banished for 2 years).

Most current elite AFL players and ex-AFL elite players say they prefer to practise their skills on the training track (which is how they became elite players) rather than be sent off to camps. That's the difference between Buckley and Malthouse who was never an elite player. Malthouse always liked the camps whereas Buckley prefers the players to practise their skills on the training track (I should add Pyke was never an elite player himself).
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:34 pm

Murray in the clear...

Murray.jpg

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:39 pm

Woods wrote:
Murray in the clear...

It was ridiculous that commentators were even suggesting it should be looked at. He had his eyes on the ball and it could as easily have been him that was taken high. He didn't "bump". He was just trying not to be killed. McGovern tried to take him out and came off second-best.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:59 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Woods wrote:
Murray in the clear...

It was ridiculous that commentators were even suggesting it should be looked at. He had his eyes on the ball and it could as easily have been him that was taken high. He didn't "bump". He was just trying not to be killed. McGovern tried to take him out and came off second-best.

Yes, it wasn’t a free, any more than a clash of heads would be a free. McGovern ducked into contact while seeking the ball. Play on.

glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:01 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:

Most current elite AFL players and ex-AFL elite players say they prefer to practise their skills on the training track (which is how they became elite players) rather than be sent off to camps. That's the difference between Buckley and Malthouse who was never an elite player. Malthouse always liked the camps whereas Buckley prefers the players to practise their skills on the training track (I should add Pyke was never an elite player himself).

Good point. If players don't buy in to a camp you want to at least provide something they enjoy. I can understand the altitude camp as it is supposed to supercharge you fitness; so its purpose driven. Sending a group out woop woop away from family and your life so a bunch of narcissists can get their jollies on seeing you suffer is a moronic idea for building a team and loyalty.
I'd be looking for the exit

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:12 pm

I doubt we'll see any player returning from injury playing on Anzac Day given we have another game just 4 days later.

Reckon we might go in unchanged for Essendon then swing 4 changes for Richmond to provide some fresh legs.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:30 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Magpies035 wrote:
Go Pies

I reckon it actually began in the 2nd half of last year, when we drew with Adelaide, (should have) beat the Giants, and threw the Toffs out of the finals in round 23. Even in round 2 against the Giants I thought we played really well, and if we hadn't lost Moore in the first half, we would have won that game. Sometimes it takes a while for players to develop their self belief and confidence to implement their coaches game plans. Everything seems to be clicking into place nicely, and we should only get better as key players return from injury. The ball is in our court and the sky is the limit in 2018. Go Pies!

For mine, the fast handballing in the middle, trying to get run through the middle, has been there for a while, the players just didn't execute it well. They looked rushed and panicked. Now they look smooth.

With that smoothness comes better forward delivery. Instead of just banging it long, they're lowering the eyes and hitting targets.

No doubt that there's been some tweaks and improvements made to how they structure up and deliver, but the core has been there for a while. The biggest jump from a team that relies on grunt but butchers the ball to what we've seen the last 2 weeks is some confidence and poise along with whole team buy in.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:48 pm

stui magpie wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Magpies035 wrote:
Go Pies

For mine, the fast handballing in the middle, trying to get run through the middle, has been there for a while, the players just didn't execute it well. They looked rushed and panicked. Now they look smooth.

With that smoothness comes better forward delivery. Instead of just banging it long, they're lowering the eyes and hitting targets.

No doubt that there's been some tweaks and improvements made to how they structure up and deliver, but the core has been there for a while. The biggest jump from a team that relies on grunt but butchers the ball to what we've seen the last 2 weeks is some confidence and poise along with whole team buy in.

agree, but im buggered if i saw it coming, its just unbelievable!!

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:50 pm

Just on the whole topic of unhappiness in the Adelaide camp, there is a rumour doing the rounds that the Crouch brothers aren’t actually injured. Just refusing to play. Sounds ridiculous yes but as I said, just a rumour.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13   

Jump to: