Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Why Adelaide are good. Were we premature on Seedsman?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Nickname ‘Les’ due to his Bad haircut. We can’t have blokes on our list with bad haircuts. Harry O was offended so best we let him go.
Invigoration 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:28 pm

inxs88 wrote:
Let’s not turn him into Royce Hart. Paul has missed as many games as he has played for the Crows and still has the worst hands in the AFL. Howe is elite! Game over.

Agreed. We are so far ahead on that trade it isn't funny. Howe has finished 5th and 4th in our B&F the last two years, is part of the leadership group and probably should've been AA in 2017. Meanwhile Seedsman was still optimistically hoping for a contract extension heading in to 2018...

E 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:23 pm

This thread is not intended to be a seedsman thread. The reference in the heading to Seedsman was to avoid the thread being deleted.

The point observed in the thread is that the 4 guys who polled votes for Adelaide this week - Gibbs, Betts, Jaconbs and Seedsman were all traded in by Adelaide. Pretty amazing!!

PS: I am genuinely scared that Fogarty is going to forever be the one that got away. he just looks like he is going to be a gun!! I'd love to know how we talked ourselves out of this most obvious pick!

Invigoration 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:55 pm

E wrote:
This thread is not intended to be a seedsman thread. The reference in the heading to Seedsman was to avoid the thread being deleted.

The point observed in the thread is that the 4 guys who polled votes for Adelaide this week - Gibbs, Betts, Jaconbs and Seedsman were all traded in by Adelaide. Pretty amazing!!

PS: I am genuinely scared that Fogarty is going to forever be the one that got away. he just looks like he is going to be a gun!! I'd love to know how we talked ourselves out of this most obvious pick!

Done well not to bottom out, no doubting that. 3 of those boys are SA originals though, 2 snagged with sizable free agency deals. Still, we are proof that you can't just buy guns via free agency.... Embarassed

Invigoration 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:55 pm

E wrote:

Double up

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:57 pm

Paul Seedsman sensational tonight Vs Sydney.

Crows much better than last Friday.

E 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:07 am

Invigoration wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
Let’s not turn him into Royce Hart. Paul has missed as many games as he has played for the Crows and still has the worst hands in the AFL. Howe is elite! Game over.

Agreed. We are so far ahead on that trade it isn't funny. Howe has finished 5th and 4th in our B&F the last two years, is part of the leadership group and probably should've been AA in 2017. Meanwhile Seedsman was still optimistically hoping for a contract extension heading in to 2018...

By the way, its not so simple to say that we got Howe for Seedsman. Yes, that was the ACTUAL trade that happened, but it was only because both Howe and Seedsman were deemed as rejects by their respective clubs. I think its fair to say neither club thought they were giving up players of the calibre they are each performing today.

It would be nice if we had of found a way to turn Seedsman around without having to trade him. The top clubs probably have more success because they do this a little more often than the clubs that are struggling a little.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:33 am

E wrote:
Invigoration wrote:
inxs88 wrote:

By the way, its not so simple to say that we got Howe for Seedsman. Yes, that was the ACTUAL trade that happened, but it was only because both Howe and Seedsman were deemed as rejects by their respective clubs. I think its fair to say neither club thought they were giving up players of the calibre they are each performing today.

It would be nice if we had of found a way to turn Seedsman around without having to trade him. The top clubs probably have more success because they do this a little more often than the clubs that are struggling a little.

A bit of revisionism here. Howe was never considered a reject and in fact was offered $600,000+ by the Gold Coast but chose the Pies on slightly less money after his one on one with Bux.

Seedsman played well tonight and has had a good patch of form however it should be remembered he did this at the Magpies only to then get injured or suffer an attack of the clangers.

Seeds was a 4th round draft pick whose overall career has been that of a 3rd round pick.

K 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:39 am

Seedsman asked to be traded. It's not as if the club was desperate to get rid of him.
E 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:56 am

inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
Invigoration wrote:
inxs88 wrote:

A bit of revisionism here. Howe was never considered a reject and in fact was offered $600,000+ by the Gold Coast but chose the Pies on slightly less money after his one on one with Bux.

Seedsman played well tonight and has had a good patch of form however it should be remembered he did this at the Magpies only to then get injured or suffer an attack of the clangers.

Seeds was a 4th round draft pick whose overall career has been that of a 3rd round pick.

yes, although this season he might be the best performed player in his draft class. My understanding is that he has had his coming to jesus moment and is fully committed to footy. I dont think i ever saw him play as well for us as the last three games he's played for adelaide.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:48 am

K wrote:
Seedsman asked to be traded. It's not as if the club was desperate to get rid of him.

I think Seedsman only asked to be traded after Buckley gave hm a few home truths about his game and told him he wouldn't get too many more games at Collingwood if he continued playing the way he was playing. The split was beneficial for both sides. Seedsman fixed up his game. It's unfortunate he didn't do it with us but that's life. It happens all the time with players.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:05 am

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
K wrote:

I think Seedsman only asked to be traded after Buckley gave hm a few home truths about his game and told him he wouldn't get too many more games at Collingwood if he continued playing the way he was playing. The split was beneficial for both sides. Seedsman fixed up his game. It's unfortunate he didn't do it with us but that's life. It happens all the time with players.

And we got Jeremy Howe as part of a 4 club trade.

I think we got the better end of the deal Cool

DEMONS Jeremy Howe and Jimmy Toumpas and Magpies Paul Seedsman and Ben Kennedy got to their preferred new homes in a complicated four-club trade on Monday afternoon.

Howe was traded to Collingwood, Toumpas to Port Adelaide, Kennedy to Melbourne and Seedsman to Adelaide.

In the complex deal:
- Adelaide received Seedsman and gave up pick No.32;
- Collingwood received Howe and pick No.68 and gave up Seedsman and Kennedy;
- Melbourne received Kennedy and picks No.29 and 50 and gave up Howe and Toumpas;
- Port Adelaide received Toumpas and pick No.32 and gave up picks No.29, 50 and 68;

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-19/mega-trade-howe-seedsman-toumpas-and-kennedy-all-swap-clubs

E 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:43 am

would have been better to give up someone else for Howe and rehabilitate Seedsman's attitude and work ethic so that Howe could now be kicking to Seedsman on the wing!
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:26 am

E wrote:
would have been better to give up someone else for Howe and rehabilitate Seedsman's attitude and work ethic so that Howe could now be kicking to Seedsman on the wing!

But you're missing the point E...

DEMONS Jeremy Howe and Jimmy Toumpas and Magpies Paul Seedsman and Ben Kennedy got to their preferred new homes in a complicated four-club trade on Monday afternoon.

themonk 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:39 am

Players thrive in different environments, Kennedy left Hawthorn for Sydney and won a brownlow.

Good luck to Seeds but at the time I was happy for him to move on. I think it's time for some fans to let him go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: