Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies smash Blues - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:05 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone you know wrote:
When we looked good, we looked god. Sure it was only a quarter and a half; but it worked, it did work.

That junk time goal near full time hurt.

God is a bit of a reach, although Murray might get a sainthood!

I have one complaint. Reid. That haircut. Sorry, he doesn’t have the naked head for it! Sidey isn’t to9 bad! Loved his hi five on Eddie!

Pep 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:07 am

Our run and carry from Murray helped set up many scoring opportunities. Thought Howe had a quiet night from his usual heroics... crisp fought back brilliantly from his first qtr jitters which was great to see. With Elliot and De Goey to come in and strengthen the team, we might give the crows a run for their money! Always good to beat Carlton! They were horrible!!
White Black n Blood 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:07 am

Just wanted to say what a great move from Bucks to expose Jones with both Treloar and Steele coming out of the square at points in the game.

I know a lot of people question him all over the place, but that was a stellar move tonight.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:08 am

mandy wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
^ first three comments, two whingeing. Weird.

Not weird. Just Nicks. You've been here long enough to know how many of our "supporters" hate to see us win!

I for one am HAPPY! I don't care how we do it or by how much. WE BEAT CARLTON!!! Always a good day.

True, some here get more jollys out of a loss than a hard fought win, unreal. Look, the scum had a full team tonight aside from Docherty, while we had six walk up start plaeyrs out, so it was a pretty good effort, notwithstanding. The score flattered the blues, junk time goals, but I will take a four goal win anyday, I'm happy, pity some on here grovel on the dirt of woe is me, but that's their bag I guess, as for me, hey, its jack daniels time folks !!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Razz Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:10 am

The more touches Aish gets, the more gold that he will produce for us. We need him to get his hands on it more, and in good positions.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:11 am

Good call Cam. He is a quality footballer, with excellent finishing skills.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:13 am

Yep, and you can add Scharenberg to that too. Both of these high draft picks continue to grow and look like they belong. Add Elliott, DeGoey, Moore and Fasolo, and I think it’s slowly coming together.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:29 am

More pleasing than the final margin was that we played the game in the right way. Took it on and attacked through the middle. The forward rotations were perfect. With so many forwards still out we need our mids to contribute and tonight that couldn't have worked better.

With still quite a few players missing the spread of good performances was the best we've seen in a long time. Sidebottom and Grundy were clearly our best, but then we had Crisp playing a terrific game in defence, 11 players with 20+ touches including the youngsters Murray and Brown. I think we only had one player who didn't contribute tonight and that was Stephenson, everyone else had an impact at some stage.

Our intensity never reached the levels of last week but our composure and finishing was right up there. Balance that a little better and we can produce some very good performances.

And always good to see the Blues continue to struggle. They've been a horrible scoring side under Bolton and that continued tonight. He's still not taken his team forward since taking over.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:36 am

AN_Inkling wrote:

Our intensity never reached the levels of last week but our composure and finishing was right up there. Balance that a little better and we can produce some very good performances.

That in itself is highly significant. We were able to win fairly easily despite our intensity not being frenzied like last week. While it clearly had something to do with the inferior quality of the opposition, it was also to do I believe with the fact that we played through the middle so aggressively, and really had our forward rotations magnificently planned.
The last two games I have been massively impressed at how we have varied our forward line by constantly rotating in and out our midfielders. This I feel already is a massive improvement on last year.

Magpies035 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:39 am

Finally a second back up performance after GWS game. While the win was great and I’m very happy we bank the win and go to providing consistent performance.
We don’t want to fall into the trap of being happy and clapping ourselves on the back yet. A good side builds momentum.
Positives Murray and Brown look like the belong. I’m not convinced on Cox. I just don’t think he deserves his spot in the senior side. Crocker presented well. I would drop Cox your in favour of Fasolo and Elliott.
Degoey strengthening the midfield with Wells eventually coming in.
A good debate on selection and Who is the best 22 we go with.
A bigger bodied mid week in Sier or Wills can also Help. Also memo fitness department please work on stopping soft tissue injuries
The players definitely straitened through the corridor more often and kicked to a target inside 50.
More of this tonight for the rest of 2018 and it may not be all doom and gloom

foreigner Aries

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:51 am

Couldn't watch the game, but stoked with the win. Well done boys. Waiting for the replay to appear on the AFL site
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:02 am

After a good performance last week against the Giants, it was great to see us back it up and translate that effort and intensity into a win. It builds confidence into the playing group and makes everyone feel a little better about the future, at least in the short-term.

Carlton dominated the first ten minutes, but we were all over them after that and in all of the second quarter. Felt like we took our foot off the pedal a little in the second half but we never looked like losing at any stage.

Despite no goals, I thought Cox looked better tonight with some good grabs, but he's still got a long way to go to becoming a reliable senior player. The midfield consisting of Sidebottom, Treloar and Pendlebury bossed the second quarter and stepped up when it mattered.

Murray is turning into a great recruit for us. Love his run and carry and general risk taking nature. Crisp was also very damaging with ball in hand and played one of his best games in our jumper. Josh Thomas' development in the past 12 months has been remarkable considering the rigours of having to re-adjust AFL footy after nearly two years out of the game.

Looking forward to seeing the VFL and hoping that the likes of Elliott, De Goey, Fasolo and others start pushing for senior selection. We've coped reasonably well without a proper forward line but the inclusions of these players will be greatly beneficial for the team.

Our accuracy in front of goal was remarkably good tonight, which is a positive. We were also accurate last week against Giants so hopefully the tide is turning in this aspect, because good kicking will you win games more often than not.

Very enjoyable night. I've noticed some in the media have downplayed the rivalry with Carlton, but I still regard them as our biggest rival and to beat them was very satisfying.

Last edited by Jezza on Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:12 am

I was one of the pessimists before the game, but happy with that win. Not super convincing but some good signs. Can't complain with 10 goals in a row against the Blues!

Some observations..
Firstly, we look much more organised. It's been a while since we've been able to say that. About f**ing time actually lol.

Grundy and Sidey the standouts. Grundy's improvement over the last 2 years has been immense. Sidey forward is a no-brainer..has great goal sense.

Treloar forward is also a good move. I remember in a past game he destroyed Carlton as a forward for GWS in the space of 20mimns. His pace worries defences, and he can hold his ground in marking contests.

Thomas was the surprise packet. Gets in the right spots, and today he nailed the goals he normally misses. Also good in the contested ball situation. Well done JT, keep surprising us.

Sam Murray has probably saved Hine's job. The kid can run, can kick, tackle, and is a solid body already.

Dunn has been awesome for us. There's another good trade win.

Aish is showing great signs. Suddenly he looks more confident, and strong in the contest. We've been waiting for this Aishy. There's no doubt he's become stronger over the preseason, and that's helped him a lot. If he can add a bit more pace, who knows how good he can be.

Crispy did really well tonight, especially his intercept marking which was as solid as I can remember. Crisp, Maynard, Murray providing dash off half back. Shaz, Langdon, Howe, Dunn as lock-down defenders. Our backline has a settled look about it at the moment.

Cox did well and was important. Well done big man. Would love if he can get more of a run and launch in the marking contests and really clunk them, but defenders know that, and will try and buffet him and not give him the space.

Umps gifted Blues at least 3 goals, but to be expected. Just as well the game wasn't close because you just know they wouuld have come up with a few more beauties to get Blues over the linie. Losing Gibbs a huge blow to them.
In the end they had more scoring shots than us, which seemed weird as we were clearly the better side.

The 2nd quarter is how we need to play more often. More of that and who knows. Go Pies !
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:27 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
And always good to see the Blues continue to struggle. They've been a horrible scoring side under Bolton and that continued tonight. He's still not taken his team forward since taking over.

Agree.

Carlton's strength under Bolton in 2016 and last year was their defensive structures. They had the ability to reduce scoring and thus make games into defensive grinds against opposition sides, but their goalscoring power was severely lacking in this time.

This year, Bolton seemed to signal a change where he wanted more balance between attack and defence, but now the strong defensive structures that they were renowned for has dissipated and their attacking ability hasn't improved.

It's strange to think that under Bolton, Carlton haven't scored over 100 points in a game so after we were well in front at half time, I was confident we'd win the game without Carlton threatening us.

The honeymoon with him is over now. I notice a lot of Carlton supporters are getting restless now, which warms the heart.

K 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:41 am

Will the Blues win the Kreuzer Cup again? Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8   

Jump to: