Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies smash Blues - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:16 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Monco Matt wrote:
We beat Carlton which is better than losing, I get that. I am wrapped to see us not lower our colours to the arch enemy, however.........

I'm not a "perceptive fellow", just keeping it real. I am happy to win but I still cannot get too excited....I want to, but I can't, not until we get on a roll...if we ever get on a roll. I hate Carlton!!!! Laughing

When will you get pumped up?? Tonight was a fantastic performance.
Carlton are not the yardstick. But hey, we demonstrated some fantastic skills/potential tonight. We will now threaten the Crows big time next week. Confidence is massive. And we have it right now.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:17 am

Agree Monco Matt - we'd be well advised not to get ahead of ourselves or get too carried away. Bucks certainly isn't going on his presser.

However, it amuses me how quiet the forum is after a win. I'e seen it happen before. It's like if we have nothing to moan about, very few have anything to say.
winpies Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:17 am

Yes!!! Just Yes!!!!
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:18 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
We beat Carlton which is better than losing, I get that. I am wrapped to see us not lower our colours to the arch enemy, however.........

I'm not a "perceptive fellow", just keeping it real. I am happy to win but I still cannot get too excited....I want to, but I can't, not until we get on a roll...if we ever get on a roll. I hate Carlton!!!! Laughing

Carlton are not the yardstick. But hey, we demonstrated some fantastic skills/potential tonight. We will now threaten the Crows big time next week. Confidence is massive. And we have it right now.

When we get on a roll, like win 3 or 4 in a row. Win next week and I'll leave the air black and blue with massive fist pumping, don't worry about that brother!!

MONCO: Your life.
Monco Matt Aries

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:23 am

PyreneesPie wrote:
Agree Monco Matt - we'd be well advised not to get ahead of ourselves or get too carried away. Bucks certainly isn't going on his presser.

However, it amuses me how quiet the forum is after a win. I'e seen it happen before. It's like if we have nothing to moan about, very few have anything to say.

We are quiet after a win because we have all been burned hard over the past 4 or 5 years mate. One win in isolation here and there is all we have had to hang our hats on, we need to see more, we need to see a string of wins before genuine excitement returns to the forum I believe. But, I don't know if this team is capable. We need to see it.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:23 am

Monco Matt wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:

When we get on a roll, like win 3 or 4 in a row. Win next week and I'll leave the air black and blue with massive fist pumping, don't worry about that brother!!

Yes, I am always optimistic and delighted when we win, and I usually look for positives in our performances. It I have no problem with being cautious and modest when we win one. We needed to win that one against a low ranked team, and we won well. But it is one win, and we need a big scalp or two in succession to start fist pumping or getting excited.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:28 am

Brenny wrote:
Fantastic win tonight by the lads.

We were not terrible last week either but we finished better tonight. No complaints.

Perfect!

Yep! And gees whenever cox held a mark omg the cheers! Great night almost home time for another scotch and the replay!

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:34 am

Oh, I hear you!

Greatly appreciated the win tonight, but was very restrained in my celebrations compared to the glory days of 2010/11. That absolute exhileration - typified by Harry O as he was known then, down on his knees in the GF yelling his exhultation to the heavens - that's what I hunger to feel again.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:39 am

Okay - this is something that might stir up some comment.
I watched Adam Treloar really closely tonight and he's a very good offensive player, but I'm inclined to think he shirks it a bit when required to throw himself into the contest. Maybe that's not his "role", but I like to see a bit of G and D from all our players, regardless of their individual strengths.
Someone you know 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:41 am

When we looked good, we looked god. Sure it was only a quarter and a half; but it worked, it did work.

That junk time goal near full time hurt.

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:41 am

Feeling pretty subdued. The 45 mins leading up to half time was good and kicking 16.4 was pleasing. 2nd half was very lethargic when we should have put them away.

Next 3 weeks will shape our season.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:45 am

winpies wrote:
Yes!!! Just Yes!!!!

Love your moniker/ avatar or whatever they call it. I think it was against Brisbane in the rain, wasn't it?

Last edited by PyreneesPie on Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:47 am; edited 2 times in total
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:46 am

Johnno75 wrote:

Next 3 weeks will shape our season.

The 5 weeks after the next 3 weeks will shape our season. Wink
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:53 am

I'll take winning ugly over the arch enemy anytime.

Last few goals took a bit of a gloss off the result.

Thought around 8 goals should have been the result.

Back to 3 behind in the overall win/loss ratio.
Monco Matt Aries

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:53 am

PyreneesPie wrote:
Okay - this is something that might stir up some comment.
I watched Adam Treloar really closely tonight and he's a very good offensive player, but I'm inclined to think he shirks it a bit when required to throw himself into the contest. Maybe that's not his "role", but I like to see a bit of G and D from all our players, regardless of their individual strengths.

A very daring comment indeed! I wouldn't say you are wrong, you could also throw WHE into that basket as well. All these high draft pick GWS guys could do with a spoon full of cement to be sure, except for Adams who is the exception that proves the rule to be true..... Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8   

Jump to: