Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Injury and illness

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 85, 86, 87 ... 94, 95, 96  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:14 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Get well Beamer, we don't need another Pants or JMac. You can pull through mate!
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:14 am

I tried calling Dayne and his family but haven’t been able to reach them yet
Through another family friend I am led to believe (not confirmed) that Dayne may have mistakingly taken his pain meds instead of another prescription medication and this caused a reaction of lethargy and rash
There is no belief this was a deliberate act but due to his ongoing mental health issues the doctors and family want to be 100% sure
I appreciate the kind words and best wishes of those expressed on nicks and like you I hope Dayne returns to being the best Dayne he can be and playing great football for our club
Floreat Pica
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:37 pm

Ok, there was no issues in the VFL practice match. But sadly, as we know we lost JDG and Levi in the game last night.

Here's our unofficial list:

Quote:
Jordan De Goey - Hamstring (minimum 2 weeks. Will probably be longer, which means no GF if we make it)

Levi Greenwood - Knee (All we can hope for is a Tyson Goldsack kind of return next year)

Isaac Quaynor - Foot

Nathan Murphy - Neck

Will Kelly - Hamstring

Mason Cox - Eye

Dayne Beams - Hip/Shoulder

Lynden Dunn - Knee

Tom Langdon - Knee

Matt Scharenberg, Brayden Sier, James Aish and Ben Reid are all available for selection.

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:05 pm

I cant believe I had to go to page 2 to find this thread! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Thats got to be a good thing, right?

COLLINGWOOD

Ben Reid - Hamstring (TEST) Will be in the selection frame. I believe he played in the VFL scratch match and is in full training.

Jordan De Goey - Hamstring (TBC) Not available for the PF. Sight chance for the GF shall we make it.

Isaac Quaynor - Foot (TBC) Wont be seen until next year.

Nathan Murphy - Neck (TBC) Wont be seen until next year.

Will Kelly - Hamstring (Season)

Levi Greenwood - Knee (Season) This one hurts. Will miss a decent chunk of 2020 too.

Mason Cox - Eye (Season)

Dayne Beams - Hip/Shoulder (Season)

Lynden Dunn - Knee (Season)

Tom Langdon - Knee (Season)[/quote]

https://www.afl.com.au/news/injury-list

Quote:
De Goey suffered another hamstring injury in the qualifying final win over Geelong and has travelled to Germany to be assessed by a world-renowned hamstring expert, with his best hope of a return being if the Pies make the Grand Final. Greenwood will be sidelined long-term after rupturing an anterior cruciate ligament against the Cats. The unlucky Murphy is recovering from another injury – nerve damage to his neck. It's also unlikely we'll see Quaynor again this season, while Reid is back in full training but faces an uphill battle to regain his place after another soft-tissue injury. The campaign is already over for Cox, Langdon, Beams and Dunn. - Ben Collins

Reid is already passed fit. But he is listed as a test here. Murphy in the wars this year. At 19 years of age, has time to get things right.

The news on Levi was heart breaking. JDG is a minor chance to come back if we qualify for the GF.

The good news is, this is the shortest injury list we've had for some time. The bad news is that Levi adds to the names we wont be seeing again this year.

The week off will help us, but please no more injuries. Just 2 more wins please.

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:28 pm

Less and less action in this thread. Had to go to page 2 again.

COLLINGWOOD
Tom Phillips - Hamstring (Available)

Jordan De Goey - Hamstring (TBC) Not available for the PF. Sight chance for the GF shall we make it.

Isaac Quaynor - Foot (TBC) Wont be seen until next year. He did train the other night tho.

Will Kelly - Hamstring (Season) Was running laps the other night.

Levi Greenwood - Knee (Season) This one hurts. Will miss a decent chunk of 2020 too.

Mason Cox - Eye (Season)

Dayne Beams - Hip/Shoulder (Season)

Lynden Dunn - Knee (Season)

Tom Langdon - Knee (Season)

https://www.afl.com.au/news/injury-list

Quote:
Phillips experienced left hamstring tightness last week but scans cleared him of any damage and he'll be fit for the preliminary final against Greater Western Sydney at the MCG on Saturday. No such luck for De Goey, who suffered another hamstring injury in the qualifying final win over Geelong and travelled to Germany to he treated by a world-renowned hamstring expert, with his only glimmer of hope for a return being if the Pies make the Grand Final. There is no hope of Greenwood returning after rupturing an anterior cruciate ligament against the Cats. It's also unlikely we'll see Quaynor again this season, while the campaign is already over for Cox, Langdon, Beams, Dunn and the retired Daniel Wells. - Ben Collins

Murphy off the list which is interesting.

IQ was taking part in the open training session last week. So I'm not sure how injured he is.

Kelly was running laps at the session too. He'll be fine for pre-season.

Crap to lose Levi, but we've got the healthiest list we've had all year.

Last edited by Presti35 on Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:46 pm

Thanks Presti! Appreciate your work as always. Smile
K 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:50 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Less and less action in this thread. Had to go to page 2 again.

That's because we didn't play last weekend and Nicksters are addicted to starting new Googs threads.

Speaking of Googs, I just heard him say of Hans: "He doesn't speak the best English..." Shocked

Is speaking the same language necessary for medical staff to coordinate medical treatment? Or will Hans's grand-daughter translate to and from English?
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:56 pm

You know you've had a horror run with injuries year on year when you consider an injury list consisting of Dunn, Beams, Cox, Langdon, De Goey and Greenwood as being a 'good position to be in' (with just one a chance to return).

One quarter of our certain starters are still injured! Would still be a massive effort to make (and hopefully win) the Grand Final this year.

Compare that to Brisbane, Geelong and Richmond!

K 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:32 am

' "When they see my sort of speed numbers and then my size and my height, they're not surprised at all,'' Moore said of his risk profile.

The truth was a welcome one. Moore was merely taking a precautionary measure. "It was a little precaution and the medical team made the decision and I was happy with it and the message was to take the win and prepare for the finals.''

If he felt the same sensation again in finals, would Moore stay on the ground? "I would, yeah. I haven't really thought about. But yeah, but hopefully I won't [have to].'' '

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/the-world-of-darcy-moore-20190920-p52tfv.html

Darcy doesn't lack self-confidence, does he? Wink

And, yeah, same with Reid. When it's a PF or GF, they have to stay out there no matter what.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:25 am

Even if that means your opponent monsters you. Reid 2011 Mad
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:35 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
You know you've had a horror run with injuries year on year when you consider an injury list consisting of Dunn, Beams, Cox, Langdon, De Goey and Greenwood as being a 'good position to be in' (with just one a chance to return).

One quarter of our certain starters are still injured! Would still be a massive effort to make (and hopefully win) the Grand Final this year.

I thought the main reason they drafted Beams was last year's GF where WC midfield got on top. Without Beams what is different about our midfielld this year? I can't remember who was out last year but the main diff in personel seems to be Wills - but that's a big diff esp in stopping the oppo getting stoppage momentum. Also key mids Pendles and Treloar were coming off injury.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:28 am

bokka wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:

I thought the main reason they drafted Beams was last year's GF where WC midfield got on top. Without Beams what is different about our midfielld this year? I can't remember who was out last year but the main diff in personel seems to be Wills - but that's a big diff esp in stopping the oppo getting stoppage momentum. Also key mids Pendles and Treloar were coming off injury.

Pendles had a serious back injury and I think Sidebottom was carrying an injury last year too. Treloar had the double whammy hammy and Sier was playing the inside mid role but could barely run out a game.

It's a shame about Beams because his skills would be useful out there today. We have Wills who has slotted in nicely and tackles everything and everyone. He's surpassed Sier who will struggle to get a game next year unless he gets his sh*t together and starts taking football seriously. The loss of Greenwood hurts because he can play a tagging role and is a tough competitor.

So not many changes between this year and last. Maybe we're better prepared this time round with the week off... Today will tell us either way.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:57 am

There are significant changes between last year's team and this one. There are some major ins.

Moore
Roughead
Wills
Elliott
Reid

Sure, we are missing Cox, Langdon, Greenwood and (hopefully) this week only, JDG.

Overall, we are much better placed in the big man department this year, and that gives us a much better structure.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:00 pm

Moore and Roughead alone make us much better placed.
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:12 pm

I was looking specifically at midfield but yeah over all the team is a lot stronger and fitter th8is year I think, especially talls in defense.De goey a huge loss but Billy, Reid, STevo, Miho and more, make the attack pretty overwhelming for any side (hopefully including Richmond but trying not to think about that yet!).
GWS a bit more mature and the new aggression is a big plus, but they have those big outs. I'd be pretty surprised if we didn't win comfortably.
But you never know on teh day, and also what surprise tactics GWS might employ and how we respond, and vice versa of course. So pretty nervous right now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 85, 86, 87 ... 94, 95, 96  Next
Page 86 of 96   

Jump to: