Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Injury and illness

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 94, 95, 96  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^
Cheers Swoop.

The Noble unavailability seems a little odd, only because Hine declared him ready to go on the evening his name was called out.
eureka 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:49 pm

fingers crossed for Langdon hes a vital cog in the back line hope he can play soon
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:09 pm

Is it possible that Wills is the carry over player incase of a late change? Smile

Just looked and he isnt named as an emergency, so something is up here.

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:32 pm

With the VFL about to kick off, unofficially:

Quote:
Flynn Appleby - Ankle (1 Week)

Jamie Elliott - Hamstring (1-2 Weeks)

Taylor Adams - Groin (3-4 Weeks)

Tom Langdon - Knee (4 Weeks)

Will Kelly - Leg (6-9 Weeks)

Daniel Wells - Knee (12 Weeks)

Dayne Beams - Hip (12 Weeks)

Nathan Murphy - Ankle (Indefinite)

Rupert Wills - (TBC)

Lynden Dunn - Knee (Season)

Appleby and Elliott will be right to go once the bye is over. Elliott will probably have to come back via VFL.

Adams will have to wait a little bit longer. Dont worry. He'll be eyeing off the Hawks game I reckon.

Langdon is still listed as 4 weeks, he too could be looking at the Hawks game. Nothing official has come out about the rumours that he needs to have surgery and will miss the rest of the year. We'll have to wait and see.

Wills is missing todays VFL game. Nothing has been said, so one can only assume that he has a niggle.

If we get some good news on Langdon and dont have anyone else go down, then we'll be looking fairly strong by the time we play Hawthorn in round 16. (Leaving Wells and Beams looking at a round 23 possibility).

eureka 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:42 pm

the main aim is to play the matches now with out any further injuries come through un scathed is the aim
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:14 am

Presti35 wrote:
With the VFL about to kick off, unofficially:

Quote:
Flynn Appleby - Ankle (1 Week)

Jamie Elliott - Hamstring (1-2 Weeks)

Taylor Adams - Groin (3-4 Weeks)

Tom Langdon - Knee (4 Weeks)

Will Kelly - Leg (6-9 Weeks)

Daniel Wells - Knee (12 Weeks)

Dayne Beams - Hip (12 Weeks)

Nathan Murphy - Ankle (Indefinite)

Rupert Wills - (TBC)

Appleby and Elliott will be right to go once the bye is over. Elliott will probably have to come back via VFL.

Adams will have to wait a little bit longer. Dont worry. He'll be eyeing off the Hawks game I reckon.

Langdon is still listed as 4 weeks, he too could be looking at the Hawks game. Nothing official has come out about the rumours that he needs to have surgery and will miss the rest of the year. We'll have to wait and see.

Wills is missing todays VFL game. Nothing has been said, so one can only assume that he has a niggle.

If we get some good news on Langdon and dont have anyone else go down, then we'll be looking fairly strong by the time we play Hawthorn in round 16. (Leaving Wells and Beams looking at a round 23 possibility).

The Langdon one is weird if you ask me
He's been listed as 4 weeks since he went out injured
Then we hear that he needs to get more scans and possibly see surgeon then there's nothing from the club
Given his history with knee's I would have thought the club would have been more proactive in getting him assessed and whether it be rest or surgery have it figured out much quicker
If he now has to get surgery then we have wasted 3 weeks of his recovery already
tbaker 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:21 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Then we hear that he needs to get more scans and possibly see surgeon then there's nothing from the club
Given his history with knee's I would have thought the club would have been more proactive in getting him assessed and whether it be rest or surgery have it figured out much quicker
If he now has to get surgery then we have wasted 3 weeks of his recovery already

I fear that if surgery is required then it's season over. The club probably feels this way too, so are monitoring it with the hope it improves before putting him in for surgery (and out for the season)

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:54 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:

Was listed as "TBC" for 2 weeks. Then 5-4 Weeks. And now 4 weeks.

The other way to look at this;

Once the injury happened, the club/doctors knew if he went under the knife, it was season over.

After speaking to the doctors and to Tom, it was decided to rest it up and see if there was any response with the chance he could return later in the season.

If there was no response then he would get the op done. We haven't wasted 3 weeks, we've given him a chance to recover in time to come back. If its not recovering then he gets the op done.

The club is not very good at explaining this. So if things are not improving then we wont see him until round 1, 2020. But for now we're just watching and hoping that its naturally healing in time for the final weeks of the season.

The real baffling one is Beams. If we knew he had a hip complaint, then why did we persist in playing him? Cost us a win and a longer recovery time.

K 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:01 am

WHE:

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-06-10/how-a-pies-season-was-delayed-by-a-weirdlooking-ball-of-fluid

"It was frustrating because we'd set timelines and a few times we were set back a bit by this big, weird-looking thing on the side of my knee.

"It just blew up. It was in between the size a golf ball and a tennis ball.

"We drained it three or four times but the big ball of fluid just kept coming back. That was annoying because it kept me out, but eventually it settled down.

"The ball is still there even now. It's a fair bit smaller, but when I bend my knee it still pops out. It doesn't give me any problems though."
Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:14 am

Thanks for posting that K.

Well we've made the bye and got through the VFL and AFL games ok. (Edit: We lost Wills before the VFL bounce tho).

Now we can look forward to Appleby and Elliot making their return, with Adams and hopefully Langdon not long after.

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:50 pm

COLLINGWOOD

Taylor Adams - Groin (TEST) Was listed as 3-4, I doubt he's a test but thats what AFL have reported.

Flynn Appleby - Ankle (TEST) Should be ready to go after narrowly missing out last week.

Jamie Elliott - Hamstring (TEST) Will be right to go.

Brodie Grundy - Ankle (TBC) Might have been rested if not for playing Gawn. We shouldnt play him if he is injured.

Tom Langdon - Knee (3 Weeks) Has come down from last week. Still nothing on last weeks rumours.

Will Kelly - Leg (5-8 Weeks)

Daniel Wells - Knee (11 Weeks)

Dayne Beams - Hip (11-15 Weeks) Last week 12, now 11-15. Are they guessing?

Nathan Murphy - Ankle (Indefinite) Waiting for some good news here.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/injury-list

Quote:
Grundy almost missed the Queen's Birthday clash with Melbourne but should be fine to face the Western Bulldogs after the Pies' round 13 bye, as could Adams and Elliott. Langdon will be out for some time yet but Appleby could be ready to resume in the VFL. Murphy's recovery has been slow and Kelly will also spent a considerable time on the sidelines. Beams and Wells face a race against time to return before season's end, but the campaign seems over for fellow veteran Dunn after a second anterior cruciate ligament rupture in nine months. - Ben Collins

Horatio Fin 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:40 pm

Presti35 wrote:

Dayne Beams - Hip (11-15 Weeks) Last week 12, now 11-15. Are they guessing?

Well they're estimating, that's about all they can do.
K 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:22 am

Dockers to avoid training at Optus Stadium indefinitely

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-06-11/dockers-to-avoid-training-at-optus-stadium-indefinitely

"FREMANTLE will avoid training at Optus Stadium indefinitely after ruckman Rory Lobb became the latest victim of a spate of lower-leg injuries suffered by key talls.

In a move set to raise more questions about WA's home of football, the Dockers will follow West Coast's lead by temporarily scaling back training on the venue's hard surface."
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:20 am

Start by saying the bounce back from Freo defeat to wack the Dees had every player contributed to that win—-some emphatically good ,others solid

Now in regards to injuries I site three players—-Shaz for defence role
Adams for mids role & Elliot an attack role all likely available for finals

So not suggesting those guys on QB need replacing tho would one or all be better for team balance

Oh and an interesting point and not only time but our ability to run a game out —-9 min from finish Blues 11 pts up and we add 40 points
QB We is 20 pts up and 9 to go we rattle on 21 pts

npalm 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:06 pm

^^^ K, I think there has been some suggestion that our training ground is also excessively hard and may be contributing to our high number of injuries.

Interesting that Fremantle attribute lower leg injuries in particular to the hard ground. I wonder if DeGoey's persistent shin soreness is caused by our ground.

However, having said that, I would be surprised if the club hasn't already investigated our ground and concluded that it's OK.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 94, 95, 96  Next
Page 47 of 96   

Jump to: