Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Giants - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

There are all kinds of ways to lose a game of footy.We did not get creamed as I had initially expected, we lost not because of our grit and fight, it was all there, but because of our glaring weaknesses rearing their ugly heads again.

Langdon as a defender just costs you goals every time and the opposition know it. And just our kicking turnovers at the end especially cost us opportunities but that forward kicking just holds us back every minute of every game. Too much indecision and not enough trust in each other really. Because we turnover the ball over so easily I can see blokes holding back their run because of the fear of getting caught out the back. We only let 1 or 2 goals out the back because we are staying deeper now. Murray takes off like a rocket every time off half back but he would be the only one. We still need more trust in each other if we are to link up quickly moving forward, giving our forward more opportunities for 1 on 1's and more space.

This goes down in the history books as a close loss but a loss nevertheless, another frustrating result. This is what poor teams do, they put in their best efforts against top sides and lose marginally and then put in a poor efforts against lowly sides and still lose marginally, fancy Carlton next week anyone??? Sad. Somewhere in-between are 8 to 10 wins every year. Welcome to Collingwood, the new Richmond.

MONCO: Your life.

Last edited by Monco Matt on Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

Cam wrote:
Thomas Maggs
‏ @Tsm042
8m8 minutes ago

@collingwoodfc S horror night continues with the VFL match stopped and an ambulance called for Kayle Kirby who is still in the ground, conscious and responsive, where he collapsed.

Hope he is OK. OMG, this is really a disastrous night for us injury-wise.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

Presuming he thought our "talls" [lol] could contain theirs, and went with the extra midfielder. But who knows what bird brain was thinking when Reid withdrew from selected team... bet he wished he went with McLarty now...
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:54 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
There are all kinds of ways to lose a game of footy.We did not get creamed as I had initially expected, we lost not because of our grit and fight, it was all there, but because of our glaring weaknesses rearing their ugly heads again.

Langdon as a defender just costs you goals every time and the opposition know it. And just our kicking turnovers at the end especially cost us opportunities but that forward kicking just holds us back every minute of every game. Too much indecision and not enough trust in each other really. Because we turnover the ball over so easily I can see blokes holding back their run because of the fear of getting caught out the back. We only let 1 or 2 goals out the back because we are staying deeper now. Murray takes off like a rocket every time off half back but he would be the only one. We still need more trust in each other if we are to link up quickly moving forward, giving our forward more opportunities for 1 on 1's and more space.

This goes down in the history books as a close loss but a loss nevertheless, another frustrating result. This is what poor teams do, they put their best efforts against top sides and lose marginally and then put in a poor efforts against a lowly sides and still lose marginally fancy Carlton next week anyone??? Sad. Somewhere in-between are 8 to 10 wins every year. Welcome to Collingwood, the new Richmond.

Didn't Richmond win a Premiership last year?

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:55 pm

Reality check: we had almost no chance of winning this game before it started as we completely lacked forwards. We proceeded to lose Reid before the game and then Moore.

The restructured forward line mostly did its job. The restructured defence was brilliant, with Howe playing an amazing game on Cameron. To me, the decision to not bring in a tall who would almost certainly have struggled as first gamers was clearly vindicated.

In the end we did need a target because we ran out of legs and started bombing the ball more. We'd have been ok there if we at least had Moore. The rookies would almost certainly have hurt us more than helped over the day.

slangman 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:55 pm

Woods wrote:
slangman wrote:
There’s no such thing as a “good effort” or “honourable” loss when you haven’t made finals in 4 years.

We lost....again!!!!

Anyone who thinks that’s ok is the reason why we are so poor.

This was a loss, it is NO different to last week and quite frankly, I’m annoyed that “honourable” losses are becoming the best we can hope for.

Same mistakes, by the same players and same free opposition players roaming forward.

This rubbish must stop.

Collingwood people were breaking bones for your selfish gratification , mate. Go have a cold shower and learn what it means to salute a noble effort.

Selfish gratification is the exact thing that has got us into this mess.

I have saluted many pies losses, but this current group doesn’t have any runs on the board to be able to have “honourable” losses.

Just remember, whilst we had “honourable” losses, hawthorn won 3 flags.

Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:56 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:

This goes down in the history books as a close loss but a loss nevertheless, another frustrating result. This is what poor teams do, they put their best efforts against top sides and lose marginally and then put in a poor efforts against a lowly sides and still lose marginally fancy Carlton next week anyone??? Sad. Somewhere in-between are 8 to 10 wins every year. Welcome to Collingwood, the new Richmond.

The old Richmond mate! Very Happy Remember that one!

MONCO: Your life.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:57 pm

The avenue to most of our goals makes it look like we are giving birth....
E 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:57 pm

Johnno75 wrote:
No Elliot, Faz and Darcy, so a bit harsh.

I am more shitty about the turnover goals we cough up

you mean the ones where crisp marks the ball in the center, gets the ball knocked out of his hand, play on called and a goal is scored. Mark that one down to the maggots!

mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:01 pm

Woods wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
mudlark wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:

Honourable losses are fine by my book. G and D is all I ask of my team and we gave it in spades today.

Enjoy our 3rd wooden spoon then.

Can't agree mudlark. Winning is not everything, especially when the odds are completely against you. It's about how you play the game/or life and we were meritorious today,

Exactly

So WHEN does NOT winning become an issue?? 0 & 2 is death by history. Only Sydney has made the finals in the last 10 years I think.Whatever it is, it puts us behind the 8 ball with a snooker ahead.Yes,bad luck about Broomy,YES bad luck about Moore,but WTF would you replace REID with Broomhead when you have McLarty??? I'm flabbergasted!!!The Giants backline is HUGE.We played accordingly and bombed it to their strength in high marking which plays to our deplorable weakness of teams kicking goals at will out of our forward line. You may dis agree all you want.Nothing honourable about being a couple of goals up half way through the last qtr and losing by 3 goals. Conced 4 goals in 7 mins.most of them through efforts you would care to not talk about, the most notable was late in the last when 2 of our players didn't put the ball out on the members wing,Giants got the ball,Howe failed to spoil the easiest of marks,Langdon missed an easy gather and then fell over and they kicked sitter.nothing 'Honourable' in that friggin' shamozzle matey!!!
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:02 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
Phillips 603MG (and some want him delisted???)

No use when you keep missing his Targets

Not confusing him with Sharenberg are you?

sixpoints 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:03 pm

Of course it was all grunt, but geez they tried.
No Cox, Reid, Wells, Moore, Elliott, Fasolo plus Broomhead.
Grunt was all we had.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:04 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:

YEAH!! They did.The first in 37 Farming YEARS!!!!

YEAH!!! The first in 37 years..
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:09 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Reality check: we had almost no chance of winning this game before it started as we completely lacked forwards. We proceeded to lose Reid before the game and then Moore.

The restructured forward line mostly did its job. The restructured defence was brilliant, with Howe playing an amazing game on Cameron. To me, the decision to not bring in a tall who would almost certainly have struggled as first gamers was clearly vindicated.

In the end we did need a target because we ran out of legs and started bombing the ball more. We'd have been ok there if we at least had Moore. The rookies would almost certainly have hurt us more than helped over the day.
???? Yeah??? Right. A tall wouldn't have helped in the end??? OK???
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:11 pm

I hate the term honourable loss
You either win or lose
No one can fault the effort today. The players showed great endeavour all day we just run out of legs and talls.
We lost the game for 6 simple reason

1. Our general field disposal is to poor to often
2. Our kicking in front of goal is often to unreliable
3. We didn't have enough talls to test there defence long enough
4. We are carried a couple players during the game who were obviously struggling with injuries (Trelaor groin Adams ribs Dunn calf) all looked hampered especially Trelaor who tried often to run off his man but just couldn't muster anything looking close to his natural speed
5. We lack calmness under pressure around the contest to often
6. Our defence was under sized especially having to move Moore when Reid pulled out

I'm proud of the players effort I really am but we can't just say well we tried hard and had a crack. We need points on the board not languishing near or at the bottom of the table

Positives for me

Grundy. He's just awesome seriously the best big man in the game IMO
Aish. Showed several times today he's got tonnes of courage and skill
Phillips. His best game for the club loved his running today
Sidey. Has gone to another sphere in these first 2 games. Is really showing his class more often
Pendles. Looked back heading towards his best today. Showed some of the old trademark dummies and dodging in and out of traffic with ease
Scharenberg. Showed today why the club rated and rates hi so highly. Tackled spoiled intercepted read the gsme very well. Played on the gorillas a bit due to having no one else who could. Was used as a set up kick which he did very well (think he went at around 85% eff)

Poor Broomy just can't get a run at it. Seriously if he gets back from this th should be given a medal
Hope Moore isn't to bad
Just a heard Kirby stretchered off in the VFL
Will we have 22 to pick next week ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 4 of 17   

Jump to: