Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Bilbo and Gimli return for war against the Orcs

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:57 pm
Post subject: Bilbo and Gimli return for war against the OrcsReply with quote

Ok fellow Nicksters, we've all (including me) had enough time to be down in the dumps and be depressed after Saturday's (in truth, widely expected) loss. However, now it's time to regroup and be ready to face GWS; probably the most talented and powerful team ever created, thanks to the AFL.

But all is not lost. We haven't been beaten if we can still bleed.

Sure, we need De Goey, Elliott, Fasolo and Wells, but they are not yet available. Well, we've been a team of dwarfs for some years now, so let's make this weekend a war between Hobbits and Giants.

Blair (Bilbo) and Mayne (Gimli) might not be the most talented pair of footballers, but they can tackle, harass and scrap, which is what is needed this week. In a free flowing game, the Giants tower all over us and would win by 15 goals or more. Therefore, we have to make this a war of attrition, by closing them down with ferocious tackling. We should be aiming for 80-100 fierce tackles this Saturday. If we do this, then the Giants will be bought down to our level, they will panic and become a rabble. Then we pounce. We have the outside run in Hoskin-Elliott, Varcoe, Stephenson and Murray. So after closing the game down into a series of scrums and stoppages, we need to be prepared to then throw caution to the wind, by quickly getting the ball into space where our speedsters can do their thing.

Tolkien demonstrated that Hobbits can beat Orcs, so we can beat the Giants. I believe that Bucks (Gandalf) can inspire and put together a game plan to beat the all conquering Giants (Orcs) this week. To win, however, our band of Hobbits will need the Magpie Army there in support and urging our team on. So come on Nicksters, this week is not the time for insular thinking and internal bickering (of which I've been as guilty as any). It's time to take a stand. It's time to stand side by side. This week will go down as one of the greatest victories in the history of football. Bring it on. Go Pies! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Medieval 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

You have my voice.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:18 pm

Who can argue against this logic.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:30 pm

And we,ll live happy ever after🏉🏉🏉
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:55 pm

The days of the more talented team always winning games of footy are long gone. The last two premierships have confirmed that.

If we are going to be competitive against them ( or even win ) we need to apply manic pressure all game and execute our “ structures “ effectively throughout the whole game. I realise this is the perfect opportunity for another Buckley cheap shot but the reality is we have spent an entire off season developing zone protection that works best with the players we have.
It might come good, it might even be the wrong strategy or it might be that we are forced to still play guys who just don’t get it. Time will tell.

Their talent doesn’t concern me. If we bring the effort and we adhere to what we have practiced all pre season, we will be ok.
Anything less and it could get ugly quickly. ( Err, isnt there already a thread for GWS this week )

Last edited by Pies2016 on Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:11 pm

We got girls team
We got netball
We got new song
Who can ask for anything more

A competitive male footy side you morons

surfer1 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:26 pm
Post subject: Re: Bilbo and Gimli return for war against the OrcsReply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
Ok fellow Nicksters, we've all (including me) had enough time to be down in the dumps and be depressed after Saturday's (in truth, widely expected) loss. However, now it's time to regroup and be ready to face GWS; probably the most talented and powerful team ever created, thanks to the AFL.

But all is not lost. We haven't been beaten if we can still bleed.

Sure, we need De Goey, Elliott, Fasolo and Wells, but they are not yet available. Well, we've been a team of dwarfs for some years now, so let's make this weekend a war between Hobbits and Giants.

Blair (Bilbo) and Mayne (Gimli) might not be the most talented pair of footballers, but they can tackle, harass and scrap, which is what is needed this week. In a free flowing game, the Giants tower all over us and would win by 15 goals or more. Therefore, we have to make this a war of attrition, by closing them down with ferocious tackling. We should be aiming for 80-100 fierce tackles this Saturday. If we do this, then the Giants will be bought down to our level, they will panic and become a rabble. Then we pounce. We have the outside run in Hoskin-Elliott, Varcoe, Stephenson and Murray. So after closing the game down into a series of scrums and stoppages, we need to be prepared to then throw caution to the wind, by quickly getting the ball into space where our speedsters can do their thing.

Tolkien demonstrated that Hobbits can beat Orcs, so we can beat the Giants. I believe that Bucks (Gandalf) can inspire and put together a game plan to beat the all conquering Giants (Orcs) this week. To win, however, our band of Hobbits will need the Magpie Army there in support and urging our team on. So come on Nicksters, this week is not the time for insular thinking and internal bickering (of which I've been as guilty as any). It's time to take a stand. It's time to stand side by side. This week will go down as one of the greatest victories in the history of football. Bring it on. Go Pies! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Alas, I fear winter is coming.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:30 pm

Yes but will it be “Our winter of discontent “
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:53 pm

BazBoy wrote:
Yes but will it be “Our winter of discontent “

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:13 pm

Gimli was a dwarf, not a hobbit.

Fasolo and Elliot would be Merry and Pippin. Mayne would be Samwise. Loyal Plodder. Blair would be Bilbo. Well past his prime, still venerated for his glory days but in any journey these days, a passenger not a participant.

CoastPie Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:46 pm

Great story RudeBoy enjoyable reading, hope your plan works
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:53 pm

We dont have a KPP goal kicker. They have 2; Patton and Cameron.

One kicked 6 goals and one kicked 2 goals last week. Then they had a small forward kick 4.

So who is going to kick our goals? And who is going to stop them from kicking theirs?

I'm not big on LOTR... But I am with GoT... so a 23 year old Sandor Clegane will do.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:23 pm

One does not simply walk into the MCG and win games if you are the Pies anymore.
Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:19 pm

GWS aren't orcs, they're goddamned Nazgul! Buckley will be about as much use as Tom Bombadil was against Sauron, which was sweet fa!
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:44 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Who can argue against this logic.

Very Happy Always loved Lord of the Rings. Bucks could use Rudeboy in his coaching team. Nothing like the element of surprise on these Giants!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: