Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Can Dunn and May play in the same side?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:12 pm
Post subject: Can Dunn and May play in the same side?Reply with quote

Curious to get the thoughts of other Nicksters.

Who do you rate higher? In my opinion Dunn is the superior defender.

More importantly can both of these guys play in our best 22 or is there only room for one of them?

Can one or the other swing between back and forward? Dunn used to be a forward and May played forward early on in his career too.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

We need them both because one or the other will most likely be suspended at some point.
They are similar but they are very different too.
May has the ability to play further up the ground, while Dunn is better suited to the last line. May gets more of the footy and uses it pretty well.
I’m also a big believer that May would be a much better footballer in a better drilled defence.
May won’t come cheap ( first rounder and then some ) so I’m inclined to think we might wait for another season until he is a free agent. Possibly hurts in the short term but so does giving up a couple early draft picks ( or player combination )
Most recos now take less than 12 months to come good, so there is still a good chance that Dunn could be ready to go around late May ( ? ) if he rehabs as best he can.
It would be great to pick up May in the off season but not if it means selling the farm to do so. There’s a lot to play out but I’m trusting the club to bring in some type of KPD back up during the off-season anyway.
Jpies 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:35 pm

I'd say that depends on whether Moore stays, and if so, whether they persist with him at CHB. I can't see Dunn, Moore and May playing in the same side. But I can see Dunn and May playing together if Moore goes elsewhere.
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:40 pm

So apparently Moore and the club are way off on salary negotiations. Any truth to that? I heard that Moore wants $700,000 a season and the club were offering around $400,000.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:55 pm

SwansWay wrote:
So apparently Moore and the club are way off on salary negotiations. Any truth to that? I heard that Moore wants $700,000 a season and the club were offering around $400,000.

I’d be shocked if anyone on here knows the facts but what we do know is that he still remains unsigned. It’s the old story, the longer they hold out, the more likely unsigned players are entertaining offers elsewhere.
I don’t think “ anyone “ wants to lose him but we need to see what comes in to the club before we pass judgement on any trade that may eventuate.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:18 pm

Keen to get May but not at the expense of Darcy. He’s gunna be a superstar player and if he leaves it’ll break my heart just like when his dad left us.
mosig 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:01 pm

Not at the moment they can't
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:59 pm

Dunn is old plus may is for the future and rumor has it he's just told the sun's he wants out....imagine the levels may could get too with Dunn teaching him
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:06 am

I don't understand why people think this could even be a question. Dunn was recruited as backup. He did a solidish backstop job in the absence of a full back. The suggestion that he might still be a possible first 22 player if we have a competent fullback in the team is a little quaint.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:19 am

Dunn retires next year after the GF with a premiership medallion around his neck.
May joins CFC in 2020 under free agency rules after we stick two fingers up in the air at the request by GCS for two first round picks in this year’s trade period.
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:17 am

I think we chase May this year. I sense we think we are now in a premiership window again and will be keen to move while Pendles, Varcoe etc are still at our disposal.
While Pickering, as Moore's manager, seemed quite convinced that he would stay about a month ago, he was far less convincing when asked on SEN this week. I think that he may depart.
Therefore, we will pursue May and give away our first rounder next year or our compensation for Moore, as part of the compensation for May. Suns will accept that, knowing that they may get very little for him in a year's time.
We need May, or someone like him, as Dunn is over 30 and also returning from an ACL. I do expect however that he'll be pretty right to go by Round 1. He's already walking around and kicking a ball.
We'll also likely draft Will Kelly as a future KPP defender as part of our list management plans.

SwansWay 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:45 am

I felt terrible that he went down with a knee right as it was looking as if he might FINALLY get to play his first ever final after nearly 200 games.

Sure, he was originally recruited as a backup but it turns out that he is easily starting 22 and perhaps one of the best stoppers in the league. He doesn't get many goals kicked on him. Not to mention how great his kicking out of defence is (something we didn't have with Nathan Brown). He's our general back there, directing the players, talking, instructing, just like Maxy used to do.

He's far from finished in my opinion. Mark my words Dunn has maybe 2-3 years left in him. We'll see Dunn back in Round 1.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:10 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
I don't understand why people think this could even be a question. Dunn was recruited as backup

So was Mihocek

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:49 am

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
I don't understand why people think this could even be a question. Dunn was recruited as backup

So was Mihocek

Just in case anyone might think that I should have been so stupid as to rely on Dunn being recruited as back up as some sort of argument, what I actually said was:

Pies4shaw wrote:
I don't understand why people think this could even be a question. Dunn was recruited as backup. He did a solidish backstop job in the absence of a full back. The suggestion that he might still be a possible first 22 player if we have a competent fullback in the team is a little quaint.
(emphasis added to the part of my post that you didn't think it necessary to quote)
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:58 am

May has never played a full season. Tends to miss 4-6 games a year.

Can we find a healthy alternative?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: