Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What can happen after a round 1 hiding

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:21 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

One game and yes disappointed but we front up again

Sure it’s a daunting task ahead but this comp we are in is very competitive

That so any side can win on any day —-good sides do it more days than others

After next five games against three premiership hopefuls plus Blues / Bombers
then let’s see where we sit in scheme of things

derkd 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:08 pm

one game in yes, but the warning signs of previous season are just as loud. I just really struggle to see where our goals will come from.....we really have nothing of note up forwards (granted Elliott is out) but one player does not make A forward line.

Our delivery from the middle is just as awful as previous years. As a result our back line is under as much pressure as ever.

Only four quarters of football so far....but already the omens look like 2014 - 2017.... the odd patch of good....but for the most part bottom four of the ladder skill and execution.

For the record i would love us to beat GWS...but reality i think we will be lucky to stay within 60 points.

Last edited by derkd on Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brenny 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:09 pm

Didn’t Sydney go 0/6 or 0/8 last year? We can come back, but with a list that has only shown flashes of brilliance every now and then, I don’t see it as being likely.

Please prove me wrong.

derkd 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:14 pm

Brenny wrote:
Didn’t Sydney go 0/6 or 0/8 last year? We can come back, but with a list that has only shown flashes of brilliance every now and then, I don’t see it as being likely.

Please prove me wrong.

yeah but helps when you have a bloke called Buddy who can boot a lazy eight. How long has it been since we have a forward rip a game apart like that....not the forward lines fault...just systemic of where the side is at in general.

Brenny 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:16 pm

^^

I wouldn’t worry just yet, we will get another 175-180cm player or 3 in this years draft.

derkd 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:27 pm

Brenny wrote:
^^

I wouldn’t worry just yet, we will get another 175-180cm player or 3 in this years draft.

Good news... Very Happy just need a speedy half back and another sharp shooter up forward to go with it. (yes we have Kirby, but it seems no one wants to give him a game.).

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:41 pm

Round one was a defeat, but not a hiding.

Round two could be a shellacking! Confused
derkd 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:14 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

as much as i don't want it to happen...i just have that feeling also.... i can see us being competitive for two quarters then GWS pulling away in the 3rd.

derkd 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:14 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

as much as i don't want it to happen...i just have that feeling also.... i can see us being competitive for two quarters then GWS pulling away in the 3rd.

Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:25 pm

Damien wrote:
simon tonna wrote:
sorry Damien. I reckon bucks has lost the players.
can't think of another reason why we look flatter than
a 4 day open bottle of beer left in the hot sun.

I think you’re wrong mate. You don’t lose the players after one game. The players were visibly buoyant last year with his reappointment similar to the Richmond Players when Hardwick was reappointed. You shouldn’t lose the fans after one game either, which is the point of my post.

He's lost the players over a number of years. All players say they want the current coach to stay - they don't want their existence in the AFL threatened. Last week was more of the same as the last few years. The game plan is one dimensional and will never work around Cox, as other teams will find it simple to rule n off him and expose him - and blokes half way through their careers rarely go from poor to good kicks.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:28 pm

NB has stated that Mason will be back in after serving his suspension but wouldn’t see that as a cure all
Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:04 pm
Post subject: Re: What can happen after a round 1 hidingReply with quote

Damien wrote:
Remember round 1 1990. Many of you won’t but those who do will remember a 6 goal drubbing by the Eagles and our new star recruit rover being reported for kicking Alex Rance’s old man. ...[/url]

Who can't remember Scooter Francis sinking the slipper in!? We need some blokes now that are tougher than a cat's head and keener than mustard to get in and under. I'll take another Scooter any day!

Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:29 pm

Absolutely, Francis and Russell changed that team coming in and contributing to instant success in 1990. A bit like Ball and Jolly arriving in 2010, making the difference between a good season and a flag. Interestingly Richmond picked up Prestia Caddy & Nankervis last year and could not have won without them. Collingwood have added nothing to their list this year and that is why the performances will not change.
Brenny 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:42 pm

Cruisinwithdids wrote:
Damien wrote:
simon tonna wrote:
sorry Damien. I reckon bucks has lost the players.
can't think of another reason why we look flatter than
a 4 day open bottle of beer left in the hot sun.

I think you’re wrong mate. You don’t lose the players after one game. The players were visibly buoyant last year with his reappointment similar to the Richmond Players when Hardwick was reappointed. You shouldn’t lose the fans after one game either, which is the point of my post.

He's lost the players over a number of years. All players say they want the current coach to stay - they don't want their existence in the AFL threatened. Last week was more of the same as the last few years. The game plan is one dimensional and will never work around Cox, as other teams will find it simple to rule n off him and expose him - and blokes half way through their careers rarely go from poor to good kicks.

Re the red.

The one thing that irks me, but I understand completely why it happenes, is when players say we want the coach to stay and we support him. Then when a new coach is appointed it’s we needed a change and x brings something new and it’s rejuvinated the players.

I think loyalty has changed over the last decade. Loyalty now means I’m loyal to the staff and business whilst I am there, but that doesn’t mean I’m not going to sack you or quit because I got a better deal. I’ll then be loyal to my new business... whilst I am there. Although there are exceptions.

E 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:32 pm
Post subject: Re: What can happen after a round 1 hidingReply with quote

Damien wrote:
Remember round 1 1990. Many of you won’t but those who do will remember a 6 goal drubbing by the Eagles and our new star recruit rover being reported for kicking Alex Rance’s old man. Can’t really remember how our season panned out after that. I was so disgusted by our performance that I screwed up my membership ticket and said I’m never going to watch a Collingwood game again. No forward line.. a wingman playing full forward and relying on an ageing half forward flanker to kick our goals (he’d need to nearly kick a ton). Plenty of workman like players in the team too. Not a lot of real stars to be honest. A high-profile, loud mouthed President. A former champion player looking for his first flag as a Coach. I wonder what ever did happen that season. Got a familiar ring to it?[/url]

at the time, I suggested this was the most optimistic post of the year. I stand by it. Damien, you were onto something. I wasn't with you after round one, so hats off to you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: