Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Giants - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Buckley searching for giant solution
Ben Guthrie, Mar 27, 2018 1:13PM

COLLINGWOOD is still contemplating how to rejig its forward line in the absence of the suspended Mason Cox for Saturday's clash against Greater Western Sydney at the MCG.

The Magpies will be forced to make at least two changes to their side, with Cox to accept his one-match ban for striking Hawthorn's Daniel Howe, and forward Josh Smith to miss up to a month with a hamstring injury.

Magpies coach Nathan Buckley said Cox would regain his place in the side once he serves his suspension, while also hinting the coaching staff would be loathe to return Darcy Moore to the forward line after just one week.

"We'll have discussions around whether we replace tall for tall or look at a different structure going up against a different opposition," Buckley said.

"If Mason was missing a month it would change the consideration for us, but without giving away much to the opposition that we're about to face, we're pretty keen to maintain a back seven as consistently as we possibly can to give them a chance to grow and evolve together.

"Having said that, like we did on the weekend, we could try to change things to get the result."

Alex Fasolo, who has overcome a shoulder injury, will need another week in the VFL before being considered for senior selection, said Buckley.

The Pies coach nominated Chris Mayne, Jarryd Blair, Tim Broomhead and Brayden Sier as possible inclusions against the Giants.

More to come.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-03-27/buckley-searching-for-giant-solution
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:13 pm

Yikes,he's talking about Blair and Mayne coming in.We really are stuffed if that's the case.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:15 pm

Woods wrote:
Buckley searching for giant solution
Ben Guthrie, Mar 27, 2018 1:13PM

COLLINGWOOD is still contemplating how to rejig its forward line in the absence of the suspended Mason Cox for Saturday's clash against Greater Western Sydney at the MCG.

The Magpies will be forced to make at least two changes to their side, with Cox to accept his one-match ban for striking Hawthorn's Daniel Howe, and forward Josh Smith to miss up to a month with a hamstring injury.

Magpies coach Nathan Buckley said Cox would regain his place in the side once he serves his suspension, while also hinting the coaching staff would be loathe to return Darcy Moore to the forward line after just one week.

"We'll have discussions around whether we replace tall for tall or look at a different structure going up against a different opposition," Buckley said.

"If Mason was missing a month it would change the consideration for us, but without giving away much to the opposition that we're about to face, we're pretty keen to maintain a back seven as consistently as we possibly can to give them a chance to grow and evolve together.

"Having said that, like we did on the weekend, we could try to change things to get the result."

Alex Fasolo, who has overcome a shoulder injury, will need another week in the VFL before being considered for senior selection, said Buckley.

The Pies coach nominated Chris Mayne, Jarryd Blair, Tim Broomhead and Brayden Sier as possible inclusions against the Giants.

More to come.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-03-27/buckley-searching-for-giant-solution

Yeah. Get rid of Bucks and get a Coach that Actually know's what they are doing

Quote:
Yikes,he's talking about Blair and Mayne coming in.We really are stuffed if that's the case.

Are we Tanking as we get even Worse with Blair and Mayne in the Team

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:27 pm

"Alex Fasolo, who has overcome a shoulder injury, will need another week in the VFL before being considered for senior selection, said Buckley.

The Pies coach nominated Chris Mayne, Jarryd Blair, Tim Broomhead and Brayden Sier as possible inclusions against the Giants."

May God have mercy on our souls.

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:38 pm

10 min video of the interview with Buckley (from which the above story was derived).

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2018-03-27/how-will-we-cover-masons-absence
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:45 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
"Alex Fasolo, who has overcome a shoulder injury, will need another week in the VFL before being considered for senior selection, said Buckley.

The Pies coach nominated Chris Mayne, Jarryd Blair, Tim Broomhead and Brayden Sier as possible inclusions against the Giants."

May God have mercy on our souls.

Are we Trying to Lose or Something as they could make us Worse.

Sier the only one that I would like to See play

glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:24 pm

don't see how Mayne coming in is such a problem : if he's showing some form play him, same as Blair who will fight for the ball.
I also don't understand the hate for Langdon - he's stats are ok; second best in effective disposal and mid range in almost everything else. Hell you want to look at the clangers take a look at Sidebottom and Adams.

out: Smith, Cox
in : Broomhead, Blair
emg : Brown, Mihocek, Mayne

I'd fight to keep Moore back and try to settle the backline however if someone has to go forward I'd be tempted to put Mihocek in and push Howe up
It will be a short forward line. The only reason Mayne's not in is because I think Broomhead and Blair are better to swap out in the centre. Boy I wish De Goey was fit

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:39 pm

Blair comes in for Cox. Clearly not like for like. Shocked
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:40 pm

doriswilgus wrote:

In all seriousness it will be a trap to play one or both of these players in forward defensive roles against GWS. Against a team like GWS the ball won't be coming down to our forward line all that much. Against Box Hill Blair played a lot of his football rotating in the middle and moving to the forward line exchanging for mids coming off the bench. He played well in that role. If he plays only in the forward line against GWS he won't get a kick.

Against Box Hill Mayne played mostly around the wings. If Mayne comes into the side to replace Cox, take my word for it, it will be a disaster, although considering Cox was a disaster against Hawthorn, we won't lose anything replacing Cox with Mayne. Mayne has to play on the wings to be effective against GWS.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:43 pm

Something else must be in play with Fasolo I feel as we aren't good enough to be leaving our 2nd best avenue to goal on the sidelines.

He's played 2 practice matches and his preseason injury was a shoulder not a leg so he should be fit enough.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:00 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Out: Dunn, Howe, Treloar, Adams, Aish, Varcoe, Thomas, Crisp, Phillips, Cox, Smith, Maynard.

Gradually and over a period weeks or months. None of those guys is going to play in a successful Collingwood team.

Nor are Pendles, Sidey or Reidy going to get another taste of success - but at least you can barrack for them for their past efforts.

Not bad 5 of those you nominated to get rid of in the coming weeks or months finished in the top 10 of the Copeland last season
Yet you leave in a guy who finished the weekend as the 344th ranked player (out of 396) on the weekend and of those 52 who finished below him 31 played less than 55% of game time. The same player who cost his side 6 goals agains the Hawks. The same player un-contracted for 2019 when the club has already extended the contracts of 5 young players in the pre-season and wno Walsh said recently of "were in no rush to commence talks with his management we will wait and see how the season pans out and decide then how our list will look going forward"
Maybe you might want to think again of who's really not going to be there beyond the coming weeks and months.
As for Pendles Sidey and Reid I doubt they get another chance at the big dance for various reasons if they stay in the black n white. Reid's body could go at any time but he still gives his all, Pendles age is slowly catching up with him but his place in our history can never be questioned and Sidey who on t weekend was IMO the only Collingwood player who won his match up in very quarter and the only player when forward looked continually doangerous. If he plays like that every week we are a chance of winning as long as his team mates actually turn up to help
glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:01 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

well yeah - however Broomy and Mayne are only 185cm and 188 respectively - Fas is even shorter I'm just not sure how to pull out a tall without unsettling the backline.
If McLarty is fit I'd hit him up but someone posted he was underdone. The other option I suppose might be Murphy but I expect he needs more development - At least he can run.
Going short and lowering our eyes might at least give GWS a problem with matchups.

K 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:02 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

Like for like effectiveness?
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:04 pm

My changes would be.

Out:Cox
In:McLarty

Out:Smith
In:Fasolo

The other possibility being Varcoe out for C.Brown.

Phillips gets a stay of execution owing to the running power of the Giants.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:08 pm

swoop42 wrote:
My changes would be.

Out:Cox
In:McLarty

Out:Smith
In:Fasolo

The other possibility being Varcoe out for C.Brown.

Phillips gets a stay of execution owing to the running power of the Giants.

It seems like Mayne will partner Reid as our KP forwards, and Moore will provide brief spells of assistance to Grundy. Blair will replace Smith and I'm hoping that Sier comes in to replace Phillips or Aish.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12   

Jump to: