Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Giants - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Scharenberg but he didn't do anything against Box Hill to deserve promotion into the senior side.
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:59 pm

Quote:
If Scharenberg plays, then I give up. We desperately need some hardness and he is as soft as butter. He's also as slow as a wet hen and has the turning circle of the Queen Mary. and don't even try to tell me how good he was as a 17 yr old....that doesn't wash with me anymore. Rolling Eyes

Shaz isn't soft by any stretch. He just needs a bit more power through the legs. That will come. He's going to surprise you one day Rudy.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:02 pm

Mate, I really hope you are right. I want him to come good, but nothing I've seen over the past 4 years gives me any confidence he will ever be more than a serviceable VFL player. Crying or Very sad
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:26 pm

Doubt we will get many changes when we realistically should have about 8

B. Murray. McLarty. Dunn
HB. Varcoe. Moore. Howe
C. Trelaor. Sidey. Thomas
HF. Crisp. WHE. Pendles
F. Brown. Reid. Crocker
R. Grundy. Adams. Maynard
Int. Aish. Stephenson. Phillips. Daicos

Out
Cox. Smith. Langdon
In
McLarty. Daicos. Brown

With GWS having a couple gorillas in Paton and Cameron who kicked 10 between them on the weekend we will need to be smart here.
Play McLarty freeing Dunn or Howe up to be 3rd man up in the contest and spoil. Varcoe to Greene and annoy him wait for his brain explosion.
Forward we have to do a piece together. Reid Crocker WHE Pendles can all mark. Brown Crisp WHE Crocker Pendles to apply defensive pressure.
We can't allow them to stream off HB in droves and link up with that midfield.
Make the midfield earn every touch. Tackle anything that moves in a orange jumper. We must have over 100 effective tackles. We can't fall off them or give them space or it will get damn ugly.
I've resisted putting Scharenberg in at this time think he's still building his fitness (have a funny feeling he may have had some niggles and we've put him in cotton wool for a few weeks)
Langdon can't be selected it sends all the wrong messages to the group. He was horrendous on the weekend. You can never blame q single player in a team sport for costing you a game but heck he went very close to that statement. He wasn't on his own playing bad but his errors and errors in judgement all cost us goals (6 on the weekend) and always do.
If we had Elliott Faz Scharenberg Wells Greenwood available there would and should be mass sackings.
I've nearly put Wells in forward pocket (and it wouldn't surprise me if the club played him) but he's under done and we need him back but WHE he can play numerous games in a row not risk him and lose him for a month or more again
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:35 pm

It's gunna get ugly alright... for the orange pricks!

The boys are going to come out breathing fire this week and rip these wannabes a new one!

Hard, ruthless and damaging is what the Pies are going to be this week! We are about to make a big, big statement!

E 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:17 am
Post subject: We are Saved! Broomhead, Blair and Mayne are in contention!!Reply with quote

This from the AFL website (mods, i hope i have appropriately referred to the article).

Alex Fasolo, Tim Broomhead, Jarryd Blair and Chris Mayne are among those in contention to come into the side after playing in a VFL practice match last Friday.

Josh Daicos and Matt Scharenberg also looked good in the win over Box Hill, while Callum Brown was held over as the AFL team's emergency.

The Pies have another VFL hit-out scheduled for Saturday night against North Melbourne at the club, but key players Jamie Elliott and Jordan De Goey are not expected to take part as they need more training before being thrown in to a competitive environment.

Coach Nathan Buckley has indicated Daniel Wells needs more time at the lower level before being considered for AFL selection, after the veteran played a half in the VFL game last week.

E 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:28 am
Post subject: Slim pickings! Team virtually picks itself!Reply with quote

Maynard Dunn Murray
Scharenberg Howe Crisp
Thomas Adams WHE
Stephenson Moore Sidebottom
Fasolo Reid Crocker

Grundy Pendles Treloar

from: Aish, Varcoe, Langdon, Phillips, C Brown, Broomhead, Daicos, Blair, Mayne (yep, seriously)

Still waiting on: De Goey, Elliot, Wells, Greenwood
Kids we are waiting on: McLarty, Wills, Sier, Kirby, Murphy

Out: Cox, Smith, Goldsack

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:00 am

I expect the Giants to lead 61-4 at quarter time but then we break even over the next 3 quarters and the game ends 131 - 74.

Eddie announces this a success that we can match the best team for 3 quarters.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:54 am

Out: Dunn, Howe, Treloar, Adams, Aish, Varcoe, Thomas, Crisp, Phillips, Cox, Smith, Maynard.

Gradually and over a period weeks or months. None of those guys is going to play in a successful Collingwood team.

Nor are Pendles, Sidey or Reidy going to get another taste of success - but at least you can barrack for them for their past efforts.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:06 am

I don't care what Buckley says about Wells. We need to play him regardless against GWS. Fasolo was the other stand out against Box Hill and should play as well. Losing Cox means we have to find a replacement tall. If we play McLarty against GWS we have truly gone mad. So the three obvious ins for me are Wells, Fasolo and Mihocek. Moore plays in the forward line and second rucks for Grundy. Mihocek plays full back alongside Dunn and Langdon will have to take the tall mobile GWS CHF (Cameron) and hope to God that the ball doesn't travel down too much to the GWS forward line.
ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:27 am

You'd think with his pre-season development as a forward/ruck, McLarty replaces Cox.

Callum Brown for Josh Smith.

Fasolo must return too.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:30 am

I’d rather we played an extra small/mid player like Fasolo, to replace Cox, rather than rush in a tall like McLarty who isn’t quite ready. Moore can assist Grundy in the ruck.
themonk 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:33 am

I’m not suggesting we can’t beat GWS but they are premiership favourites so it would be a shock.

The drums will start beating for Bucks if we lose to Carlton the following week, that’s when things could get really ugly.

The media stated we have a favourable draw but I was always fearful of the first 2 months, season could be over by then.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:25 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Mate, I really hope you are right. I want him to come good, but nothing I've seen over the past 4 years gives me any confidence he will ever be more than a serviceable VFL player. Crying or Very sad

Nah, you don't hope he is right. Your critique of him is more creative than other's opinions on Blair though.

You don't "come good" from being buttery soft, slow as a wet chook (by the way, how slow is that?) and having the turning circle of a steamship that retired over 50 years ago. They all seem like fatal qualities for an AFL footballer.

While the points you raised are open for debate, I think that you will find that his style of play is not suited to our game plan. The vast majority of the time he gets the ball he then delivers it to a team mate. That's just predictable and boring, it's not our style at all.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:33 pm

themonk wrote:
I’m not suggesting we can’t beat GWS but they are premiership favourites so it would be a shock.

The drums will start beating for Bucks if we lose to Carlton the following week, that’s when things could get really ugly.

The media stated we have a favourable draw but I was always fearful of the first 2 months, season could be over by then.

We have done well against GWS recently and it's possible to do it again, even if unlikely.

If we lose a few in a row the beating of the drums for Buckley to be sacked or to quit will be loud, but most likely also meaningless.

Buckley could have walked at the end of his last contract, and expected, at least initially, that the contract would not be extended. He took the two years and no matter what, will not accept that he is not the person for the job. Great trait for a player, but not for an eternally losing coach.

Maguire will not sack Buckley. They went through a "review" to keep him when almost all of the football community knew what the required decision actually was. Maguire won't go back on that now.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12   

Jump to: