Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Giants - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc63 wrote:
ROB wrote:
So who rucks when Grundy can't?

Adams

How many more games did you say, Doc?

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:11 pm

I was speaking to an acquaintance who is knowledgeable in AFL football. He said that Collingwood has all the hallmarks of a team that the coach cannot motivate. So, at times, the side plays brilliantly when the players have self-motivated, but at other times, the team plays horribly when the self-motivation has not been successful/across the board.
This, according to him, is the only way that the astonishing differences between our best and our worst can be explained.
While I am not sure if this is true, I will certainly be weighing up its veracity in the course of the season.

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:35 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
I was speaking to an acquaintance who is knowledgeable in AFL football. He said that Collingwood has all the hallmarks of a team that the coach cannot motivate. So, at times, the side plays brilliantly when the players have self-motivated, but at other times, the team plays horribly when the self-motivation has not been successful/across the board.
This, according to him, is the only way that the astonishing differences between our best and our worst can be explained.
While I am not sure if this is true, I will certainly be weighing up its veracity in the course of the season.

What do you make of this, given the context of Bucks making it clear players should be self-motivated?

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:22 am

That’s the way I see the team too.

I remember seeing this in a Bucks interview years ago and that’s when he started losing me. Yes, they should be able to self motivate to some point at least, but not everyone is the same. Things like natural outgoingness come into it. And it’s why I think Pendles is his choice for captain. He’s very self motivated, very professional, and Bucks thinks he should lead by example, and he does, but not everyone follows by example, and there is the problem.

Maxy copped it a few times in the press for berating a player, once even giving Adams a bit of a love tap. But he went back with heaps of praise when Adams stepped up. That’s the captain I want to see. And who can forget Matthouse crying with Licca and others after that game? Basically, I want passion back into our team. I think for many just seeing a team go out there and bust their gut, win lose or draw, is what we want. And I firmly believe some players hold back from um, going out on their own to try something for fear of Bucks Wrath. No I don’t know this, it’s just a feeling I get. For (mates with) sake, it clearly doesn’t matter, so give it a red hot try.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:26 am

RudeBoy wrote:
robevpau1 wrote:
Patrick Keane

@AFL_PKeane
27s28 seconds ago
More
AFL advises Chris Mayne (quad) has been withdrawn from the Collingwood emergencies for tomorrow's rd2 match v GWS Giants. Sam McLarty replaces him.

Cox gets rubbed out for a week, Smith does his hammy and now Mayne has a quad injury. Maybe the footy Gods are smiling on us after all. Wink

It’s terrible but I thought that too!

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:45 am

think positive wrote:

I remember seeing this in a Bucks interview years ago and that’s when he started losing me. Yes, they should be able to self motivate to some point at least, but not everyone is the same. Things like natural outgoingness come into it. And it’s why I think Pendles is his choice for captain. He’s very self motivated, very professional, and Bucks thinks he should lead by example, and he does, but not everyone follows by example, and there is the problem.

Maxy copped it a few times in the press for berating a player, once even giving Adams a bit of a love tap. But he went back with heaps of praise when Adams stepped up. That’s the captain I want to see. And who can forget Matthouse crying with Licca and others after that game? Basically, I want passion back into our team. I think for many just seeing a team go out there and bust their gut, win lose or draw, is what we want. And I firmly believe some players hold back from um, going out on their own to try something for fear of Bucks Wrath. No I don’t know this, it’s just a feeling I get. For (mates with) sake, it clearly doesn’t matter, so give it a red hot try.

I don’t know about the motivation thing, but there’s a reason I chose my avatar and have never changed it. It’s passion and heartbreak makes it one of the greatest, most emblematic collingwood images of all time.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:52 am

Not free to air —Seven has Bombers v Freo

Fox ✅

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:10 am

Fox ✅

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:12 am

BazBoy wrote:

Fox ✅

Lucky I have a radio

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:18 am

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
BazBoy wrote:

Fox ✅

Lucky I have a radio

Lucky I have a reserved seat. I think I’m lucky!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:19 am

Mugwump wrote:
think positive wrote:

I don’t know about the motivation thing, but there’s a reason I chose my avatar and have never changed it. It’s passion and heartbreak makes it one of the greatest, most emblematic collingwood images of all time.

Yep.

My favourite 30 min of football remains the 1/4 where everybody stood up, stick together, and played their hearts out, the team that finally shredded a team that seemed to be super glued together. The first 1/4 of the 2010 prelim. Headed to the gym , I might watch it again now! Cheers

K 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:24 am

think positive wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
BazBoy wrote:

Fox ✅

Lucky I have a radio

Lucky I have a reserved seat. I think I’m lucky!

Just wait till you see how the boys play! Wink
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:10 am

think positive wrote:

Heater as well, was a very vocal leader...there's a reason why my daughter calls him 'Shouty Pointy Man'

But you need that in a team with young players learning the gig

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:29 am

Magpietothemax wrote:

Self motivated and self coached. Does Buckley actually do anything? I guess this is why he hasn't been sacked, it genuinely hasn't been his fault as he has done nothing wrong,....he's done nothing right....in fact he's done nothing.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:37 am
Post subject: Late change!!!Reply with quote

Due to and injured quad Mayne has been withdrawn from squad

Sam McLarty takes his place today

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12   

Jump to: