Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

We are in the Interstate Bracket.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:10 pm
Post subject: We are in the Interstate Bracket.Reply with quote

In the event we lose wee 1 of the finals to WCE, I am glad that we have avoided a possible match up with Melbourne and Geelong in week 2 of the finals. I much rather face Sydney or GSW. For some reason i think of Geelong and Hawthorn as bogie teams that we wont beat.

If we win the first final, we get Hawthorn, Melbourne or Geelong in the prelim (assume Tigers beat Hawks in week 1). This too is a great outcome as we avoid the Tigers until the Grand Final. If you think we are better than all teams but the tigers then you love this outcome.

Brown26 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:38 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree we are in the good side of the draw - I'd be confident against GWS or Sydney on the MCG, especially if we get Howe back and one of Moore or Goldy to help in defence, so we're pretty good to make the prelim, on the MCG, regardless IMO. Good place to be!

- Ben
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:04 am

Saturday 8th at 4.20 EST —-bit extra time than had we a Thursday gig
MJ23 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:27 pm

Im Not so sure.
These are the three teams our under manned defence are least capable of covering I think.
No match for Kennedy / Darling
No match for Buddy
No match for Cameron / Lobb

That said we would have struggled with Hawking's also.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:37 pm

And Reiwoltd —Prestia can grieve us too
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:43 pm

but they got to shut down Cox , the East European gregory Peck, De Geoy and WHE

www.facebook/the hybernators
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:01 pm

Ok is it just me or has anyone else noticed the following

The match ups for the weekends finals look like this

Tigers v Hawks MCG Thursday night
Melbourne v Geelong MCG Friday night
GWS v Swans Sydney Saturday day
West Coast v Magpies Perth Saturday night

So game 1 two Melbourne teams playing in Melbourne no travel so the loser get the longest break going into following week
So game 2 two Melbourne clubs playing in Melbourne no travel so winner gets second longest break for following week
Game 3 two Sydney teams playing in Sydney no travel so the winner gets a full 7 day break
Gsme 4 1 WA team 1 Melbourne team (Collingwood) only team to travel in opening round of finals. Play Saturday night no flight out other than special charter flight (at clubs expense AFL paid flight is Sunday morning) or a 250am (Vic time flight) allowing for flight time we if we lose get effectively a 5 day break leading into elimination final
Wouldn't it have been sexier to play West Coast v Collingwood on the Thursday juggle the other games so at a minimum every team would receive a 6 day break going into elimination finals
Again the deck has been firmly stacked against us
The only scenario that makes it ok is if we win then West Coast have to travel giving them a 5 day break
The way the AFL has scheduled the games it has taken away any advantage (other than double chance) in finishing second or in our case 3rd. It would have been a far more advantageous position to finish 4th 5th or 6th in our current situation
Can some one please explain to me how the gives every side a equal chance to be competitive in the finals
the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:11 pm

3rd degree wrote:
but they got to shut down Cox , the East European gregory Peck, De Geoy and WHE

Gold!! Mihopeck
E 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:28 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:

So game 1 two Melbourne teams playing in Melbourne no travel so the loser get the longest break going into following week
So game 2 two Melbourne clubs playing in Melbourne no travel so winner gets second longest break for following week
Game 3 two Sydney teams playing in Sydney no travel so the winner gets a full 7 day break
Gsme 4 1 WA team 1 Melbourne team (Collingwood) only team to travel in opening round of finals. Play Saturday night no flight out other than special charter flight (at clubs expense AFL paid flight is Sunday morning) or a 250am (Vic time flight) allowing for flight time we if we lose get effectively a 5 day break leading into elimination final
Wouldn't it have been sexier to play West Coast v Collingwood on the Thursday juggle the other games so at a minimum every team would receive a 6 day break going into elimination finals
The only scenario that makes it ok is if we win then West Coast have to travel giving them a 5 day break
The way the AFL has scheduled the games it has taken away any advantage (other than double chance) in finishing second or in our case 3rd. It would have been a far more advantageous position to finish 4th 5th or 6th in our current situation
Can some one please explain to me how the gives every side a equal chance to be competitive in the finals

i bet you will find that this has less to do with the conspiracy theory you are pedalling and more to do with the fact that there is some reason why optus wasn't available for use on a thursday night.

i wonder if collingwood asked for Saturday so that more fans could get there?

Who knows the reason. the one reason that isnt true is that they did this to screw us.

Remember what Winston Churchill says..... "we will fight them on the beaches...." catch the full speech if you want to know what the right mentality is going into a finls series.....

enough trying to make rexcuses for failure. Let's go get it done.

Ev5Magpies Virgo

Ev5Magpies

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:44 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:

if WCE lose they don’t travel anywhere, winner of Syd/GWS will fly to Perth, so we are the only ones being stitched up if we lose.

Win & there is no issue. Lose & if we go straight sets, I can see this as being a bubbling point all summer for some.

Ev5Magpies Virgo

Ev5Magpies

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:44 am

DP
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:46 am

^^^
Correct thanks I hadn't looked close enough
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:54 am

^^^
Correct thanks I hadn't looked close enough
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:02 am

E wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

i bet you will find that this has less to do with the conspiracy theory you are pedalling and more to do with the fact that there is some reason why optus wasn't available for use on a thursday night.

Who knows the reason. the one reason that isnt true is that they did this to screw us.

Remember what Winston Churchill says..... "we will fight them on the beaches...." catch the full speech if you want to know what the right mentality is going into a finls series.....

E this isn't a conspiracy theory piece it's a statement of fact
Just for the record I've checked there's no event scheduled at the stadium (that's advertised)
There isn't a logical explanation why the finals draw was scheduled like this that makes sense
I wasn't making excuses for what may or may not happen I was simply pondering how this inequality happened
MJ23 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:42 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
E wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

E this isn't a conspiracy theory piece it's a statement of fact
Just for the record I've checked there's no event scheduled at the stadium (that's advertised)
There isn't a logical explanation why the finals draw was scheduled like this that makes sense
I wasn't making excuses for what may or may not happen I was simply pondering how this inequality happened

I kinda wondered if we had requested it to give our injured players who are on the verge every chance of getting up for the game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: