Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

I'm still confident

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Good On Ya Joffa but I think there not many others that are at this Moment
mackasmatt 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:06 pm

We aren't the worst. We aren't the best. I'm sure a lot of us here have endured many seasons of pain, this season probably wont be any different. Unfortunately (or fortunately) we have been watching footy in an era of Hawthorn domination and Geelong consistency that we will probably tell the grandchildren about. The nonsensical creation of GWS / GC teams and their unfairly drafted lists hasn't helped if we're looking for excuses.
----------
------------
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:46 pm

i appreciate the sense of optimism that you are trying to inject Joffa. And some perspective is required at all times.

I know there were circumstances which contributed to our insipid performance. The absence of personnel being one important one. But it says something about our lack of depth too. I am not sure we have managed injuries all that proficiently either for some time.

Simply, our disposal is very poor and, while our midfield is considered a strength individually, we are not a good team at stoppages. The lack of direct attention given to Mitchell astounds me, albeit it was O'Meara who hurt us most early.

We can't surround Treloar and Adams, our most prolific ball winners but generally below average with their disposal, with a supporting cast of Crisp, Thomas, Phillips, Smith, Maynard et alia. I'll forgive Cox for his evening given the conditions didn't suit. But he wouldn't want too many more games like that. Varcoe, who can use the ball, didn't get near it. Shaz should be played. His skills mean fewer turnovers and his mind is quicker than average, which helps eliminate his deficiencies for lack of leg speed.

And a zone defence doesn't seem to work particularly well against the Hawks. Their foot skills are too sharp.

Bucks is my favourite all-time player, but I am increasingly convinced that Buckley is an ineffective coach unfortunately. I can't believe how much work seems to sit behind about 75% of the goals we kick. So much scrappiness and snapping under pressure. No wonder we kick more points than goals most weeks.

I love the Pies. But I think major changes of personnel are required in order to arrest the decline. Glad I am fortunate enough to be taking the month of May to head offshore on holiday at this stage. The dark clouds of football season loom large from where I sit at present.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:26 pm

As we face GWS then our hated enemy Scum NB has discussed the fact that Mason will be back into the side after he serves suspension

He also stated Fasolo needs another VFL game —-Mason and Smith are given to be replaced so to engender confidence make some sensible changes

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:35 pm

I'm more depressed now, seeing that only 2 of Joffa's 9 reasons for optimism have anything to do with Collingwood. Crying or Very sad Confused
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:14 pm

Now that the dust has (almost) settled I’m still optimistic too. Bucks’ presser today showed that there is no panic where it matters, unlike here. Much of the analysis in the media over the last few days also shows that it’s not quite Armageddon yet for us. This was quite the over reaction similar to the Aussie cricket ball tampering issue. Bring on the Giants.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: