Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The President Eddie McGuire Debate v2.0

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do I still want E McGuire as President of my football club?
Yes - still the best person for the job
35%
 35%  [ 35 ]
No - has run his race and we need fresh ideas
65%
 65%  [ 65 ]
Total Votes : 100

K 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/9NewsMelb/status/988332957277532160

"Eddie McGuire is threatening to sue Facebook for linking him to a cure for erectile dysfunction."

https://thewest.com.au/sport/collingwood-magpies/collingwood-president-eddie-mcguire-livid-over-fake-erectile-dysfunction-ads-ng-b88814901z

Quote:
“I’m gonna sue their arse off,” McGuire said.

The saga comes after Maguire’s commentating drew the ire of West Coast fans during the Eagles’ win over Carlton on Saturday.

Channel 7’s Tim Watson said this morning he would have been “outraged” if he was an Eagles fan.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:20 pm

He's a bit stiff actually. Embarassed Rolling Eyes
K 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:23 pm

It did occur to me that Pies fans could be excused if they suffered ED the last few years.
Brenny 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:42 am

K wrote:
I seem to recall Star Athletic appeared and disappeared in a blink.

I think Star Athletic may have been part of the Promotion Factory, which went bust. I never got my Wings of a Magpie because of it. Although Collingwood gave me a refund.

Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:20 pm

K wrote:
https://twitter.com/9NewsMelb/status/988332957277532160

"Eddie McGuire is threatening to sue Facebook for linking him to a cure for erectile dysfunction."

https://thewest.com.au/sport/collingwood-magpies/collingwood-president-eddie-mcguire-livid-over-fake-erectile-dysfunction-ads-ng-b88814901z

Quote:
“I’m gonna sue their arse off,” McGuire said.

The saga comes after Maguire’s commentating drew the ire of West Coast fans during the Eagles’ win over Carlton on Saturday.

Channel 7’s Tim Watson said this morning he would have been “outraged” if he was an Eagles fan.

Tim fuggen Watson can talk....
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:00 pm
Post subject: WowReply with quote

Not that Ed would sell those products but I think the Club should look at owning sex toy shops! They make a fortune and we could channel the profits into a new social club for we long suffering members. Erectile issues are a real problem in Corio. Centrelink refuse to take it seriously and won’t grant a disability pension to my neighbor.
K 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:34 pm

https://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/celebrity/eddie-mcguire-can-sue-for-defamation-over-fake-ad-just-not-against-facebook-20180424-p4zbgg.html
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:07 pm
Post subject: Re: WowReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
Not that Ed would sell those products but I think the Club should look at owning sex toy shops! They make a fortune and we could channel the profits into a new social club for we long suffering members. Erectile issues are a real problem in Corio. Centrelink refuse to take it seriously and won’t grant a disability pension to my neighbor.

‘My neighbour’ I like that Hiss. No wonder Bertha is angry. She’s frustrated!

K 

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 12:43 am

Putting the delicate topic of erectile dysfunction aside for now, let me look at the votes. This poll is still going, so consider polls from a year ago:

The Nicks poll started May 12, 2017, had 47/118 votes (39%) for EM continuing and 71/118 against (60%).

The BF poll started April 23, 2017, had 64/146 (43.8%) for and 82/146 (56.2%) against.

And the year before that:

The Nicks poll of September 7, 2016 had 38/59 (64%) for and 21/59 (35%) against.

And way back before that:

The Nicks poll started February 15, 2012, had 136/174 (77%) for and 34/174 (19%) against, broken down into 86/174 (49%) strongly for, 50/174 (28%) mildly for, 21/174 (12%) mildly against, 13/174 (7%) strongly against (with the remainder neutral).

And on the far side of the hill:

The Nicks poll of November 10, 2008, had 103/122 (84%) for and 15/122 (12%) against.

[Apparently, there was a Nicks poll in 2007 too, but I cannot find it. (Its existence is apparent because the president sort of complained about it at the time.)]
K 

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 8:51 pm

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/when-afl-presidents-met-in-jeff-s-man-cave-20180504-p4zdd1.html

"The gathering was orchestrated by Kennett, Eddie McGuire and Peter Gordon with a view to forcing a cultural correction in football's increasingly complex and multi-layered structure. The view of the presidents is that their voices have become muted."
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 8:52 am

K wrote:
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/when-afl-presidents-met-in-jeff-s-man-cave-20180504-p4zdd1.html

"The gathering was orchestrated by Kennett, Eddie McGuire and Peter Gordon with a view to forcing a cultural correction in football's increasingly complex and multi-layered structure. The view of the presidents is that their voices have become muted."

Haha, Kennett and Eddie 'have become muted'?

If you didn't laugh, you'd cry

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
K 

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:38 pm

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/what-about-us-interstate-anger-over-kennett-led-meeting-20180508-p4ze0l.html

"However, interstate-based club presidents were left frustrated over not being invited, with [AFL chairman] Goyder understood to have agreed with their stance.

The view from some interstate clubs was that the meeting, called outside of the official president catch-ups, had been seen as something of a return to the "old days" when Victorian clubs felt they ruled the competition. Another suggestion was that the meeting had been called so Kennett could improve his strained relationship with clubs, having angered a few over his pre-season criticism of international expansion, claims the Saints were "insolvent" and others were "mendicant"."
K 

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:21 am

Culprit wrote:
K wrote:
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/eddie-mcguire-headlines-afl-s-new-competition-committee-20180406-p4z88b.html

Maybe Ed can swing the first 20 draft picks to the Pies in this years draft.

The first meeting was last Thursday, I think. Eade today said this committee can't work (because, for one thing, just two presidents cannot be said to represent the views of all presidents, etc.). I guess it depends what one means by "work". From a club's perspective, it might be working just fine if it gives an outlet for their man and gets him out of the football-department guys' hair. From the game's perspective, I see no strong reason why any club president would provide a wiser, better voice than just some drunk, homeless Nickster (for example).
K 

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 4:14 pm

K wrote:

"The gathering was orchestrated by Kennett, Eddie McGuire and Peter Gordon ..."

Back to the Kennett/McGuire/Gordon and co. meeting...

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/clarkson-longmire-clear-the-air-after-blue-murder-row-20180518-p4zg2c.html

"Then came the meeting of the Victorian presidential bloc of seven convened by Jeff Kennett and pushed by Eddie McGuire and Peter Gordon, which insulted the interstate club chairmen — who were not invited - and angered the AFL.

AFL Commission chairman Richard Goyder, who did take the trouble to sit down with the majority of non-Victorian coaches in their club offices last year, conveyed his disappointment to all the non-Victorian presidents, and Kennett and co. were warned that such behaviour could stop future meetings with the commission all together."
K 

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 3:03 am

Eddie McGuire:
“At the moment the way the rules are if my sons were good enough to be drafted they couldn’t go to Collingwood despite 20 years as unpaid president but if I was in the draft I’d be in a zone to a club because my dad is Irish and my mum Scottish. That's the way it is.”

I wish he wouldn't keep mentioning that he's unpaid. (This is not the first time he's been quoted doing so.*) Is any other club president or board member paid? I don't think so, so this is not some amazing sacrifice.
And his sons are not good enough, any more than he was good enough, so why mention the family at all in a discussion of father-son rules, etc.?
Just saying...

*e.g. in July, 2017, he was quoted as saying: "... if I ever thought I was going half rat power and I’d had enough of it, I’d be the first out the door, because I don’t get paid to do this, I’ve got lots of things in my life.”
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8   

Jump to: