Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Buckley's weekly interview with Gerard Whateley in 2018

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Deja Vu wrote:
I think thats harsh

Hard....but fair! Cool
Invigoration 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:40 pm

watt price tully wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
I think he is mentally weak.

Excuse me?

You might wish to reconsider your post from the vantage point of being an outsider.

Sheesh Shocked Rolling Eyes

Wait, are you only allowed to think things if you are in the inner sanctum now?
Too many PC warriors around here. It's a supporter forum, harden up a bit and let people post their thoughts instead of trying to white knight 'our boys' all the time.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:15 pm

burnsy17 wrote:
My take on Moore is this:

Hes looking for a new home. The knock on him is repetitive injuries. He doesnt want to play because another injury will virtually mean no one will want him.

So he sits out, and at the end of the year accepts a lucrative contract elsewhere that he wouldnt have got had he fallen over again.

Think player Leonard in the NBA...

This take doesn't make much sense. If someone's offering him a big contract after breaking down 3-4 times this year, once more won't make a difference. On the other hand, playing well in a final or two would. That's aside from the fact every player wants to play finals.

The more obvious answer and much more likely to be the case is that he and the club are taking a cautious approach as letting the team down by breaking down in a final is in no one's interest.

Moore's likely to re-sign given the only solid information we have: his agent saying he is close to signing.

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:36 pm

^ I agree Inky

I believe that Sydney have gone cold, fearing that they'll have another Sam Reid on their hands - big money contract for several years, but tied up in the rehab centre. They've also lost Tippett similarly. They'll have no more confidence than we have that they'll be able to manage his injuries.

He's as much chance of staying with us now.

Sydney may be lining up to secure Dylan Shiel I hear. Hence the departures of Hannebery and Rohan. Freeing up cash. Just remember that everyone thought Buddy was off to GWS, including GWS, until he went to Sydney.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:53 pm

I love the steely resolve Bucks showed in that interview today. At one point he pulled himself up after saying something about whoever wins Friday night he said itll be Collingwood. Loved it.

On Darcy: I think hes a chance. If they reckon he is the best option hes in. Nobody is gunna say theyre not confident they wont break down if theyve been declared fit. Id love to see him out there.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:31 pm

Invigoration wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Excuse me?

You might wish to reconsider your post from the vantage point of being an outsider.

Wait, are you only allowed to think things if you are in the inner sanctum now?
Too many PC warriors around here. It's a supporter forum, harden up a bit and let people post their thoughts instead of trying to white knight 'our boys' all the time.

WTF? Inner sanctum indeed.

Is there evidence to make an otherwise slanderous comment about Moore? Rudey didn't provide any. Put up (evidence) to back the off comment

If fact it's piss weak to make denigrating comments about others (& our players) & to throw the term PC round, when it is of no relevance to my comment unless of course you have a (paranoid) agenda.

Piss weak.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:44 pm

Damien wrote:
I love the steely resolve Bucks showed in that interview today. At one point he pulled himself up after saying something about whoever wins Friday night he said itll be Collingwood. Loved it.

On Darcy: I think hes a chance. If they reckon he is the best option hes in. Nobody is gunna say theyre not confident they wont break down if theyve been declared fit. Id love to see him out there.

It was interesting to hear Bucks say that Darcy was a standout in their 20 minute intra-club hit out ?last week.

Darcy must be on a hiding to nothing: to say your'e fit and at the same time knowing that his hamstraing let him down last time v Richmond and also at one time feeling the hammy tightness just before going onto the field just before a game is about to begin in a background of other hammy issues. Very tough position to be in. I feel for him.

I have no evidence (like the rest of us) but I think he will stay with Collingwood.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:03 pm

watt price tully wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Excuse me?

For the record, I reckon Darcy is a great young bloke with an enormous future as an absolute star of our game. I hope he stays with us.

However, as a fan, as an outsider, I am also entitled to express my opinion, my gut feel, that Darcy is a rather emotional person. That's not a put down on him as a person at all. Good on him. But it does not necessarily help him as a footballer.

I suggest people listen carefully to what Bucks said about Darcy this morning, after saying that he trained better than anyone last week and is expected to train very strongly again this week...."what we need to see is that Darc actually says 'I'm ready to go'....that is an emotional and mental belief in himself".

So Bucks is saying that Darcy is currently lacking an emotional and mental belief in himself. That's all I meant when I said he was emotionally weak.

I might be wrong. I'm just an outside supporter after all. I consider Nicks is intended as a forum to air opinions, good, bad or indifferent, about players. That's my opinion.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:50 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Excuse me?

For the record, I reckon Darcy is a great young bloke with an enormous future as an absolute star of our game. I hope he stays with us.

However, as a fan, as an outsider, I am also entitled to express my opinion, my gut feel, that Darcy is a rather emotional person. That's not a put down on him as a person at all. Good on him. But it does not necessarily help him as a footballer.

I suggest people listen carefully to what Bucks said about Darcy this morning, after saying that he trained better than anyone last week and is expected to train very strongly again this week...."what we need to see is that Darc actually says 'I'm ready to go'....that is an emotional and mental belief in himself".

So Bucks is saying that Darcy is currently lacking an emotional and mental belief in himself. That's all I meant when I said he was emotionally weak.

I might be wrong. I'm just an outside supporter after all. I consider Nicks is intended as a forum to air opinions, good, bad or indifferent, about players. That's my opinion.

We all of course are entilted to express our opinions and no one is saying otherwise. Your explanation here provides a context for the otherwise negative words without a context "I think he is emotionally weak".

As I noted earlier I think he's in a tough place given his hammy history and it is a lot of pressure to not want to let your teammates down if your hammy has been playing up like his has. My view that is not mentally weak. I understand that's your view.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:54 pm

No worries WPT. Looking back, I should have chosen my words more carefully. Cheers mate.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:56 am

The Coach of the Year (and soon-to-be premiership coach) was on-air with Gerard Whateley this morning. Heres what they spoke about (check out the comments late in the interview re. possible selection changes for the GF):

Coaches award: Buckley says Whateleys intro sounds like This Is Your Life. Is flattered. Gives credit to asst. coaches, admin and players. How he and others have changed, Im anti-hierarchy. Award is just a twelve month snapshot. Evolution of his coaching. Very grounded responses overall. Response to Buckleys dad saying he was lucky to be reappointed last year. Buckley says he had overwhelming support internally at the club during the Review.
Grand Final preparations: Balance of enjoyment of the week (fever pitch supporters etc.) versus preparation for a job that needs to be done. Players calm, centred and focused, could be Round 9.
Prelim: Was largely reinforcement of what we do well. Locked down the brand. Richmond game was our validation. Teams abilities - we knew it before others knew it. Richmond not the best team of the year - the best team is the one that wins the GF. Regardless of win or lose getting most out of your team is a success that should be celebrated. Eagles have recent finals experience in 2015, but ultimately the GF is a just another game of footy. Buckleys contests with Adam Simpson during playing career and professional co-work since.
Selection: Jeremey Howe - no concern, if this was round 10 hed go out and play. Is selection easy this week? - no it isnt. Previous games against Eagles to be considered. Couple of guys can help us - decision to be made after training tomorrow. Several players have been spoken to individually. Seasons achievement - making the GF is not the finish line - bizarre to think so. We have the team to win it.

Audio podcast here: https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=278899
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:41 am

"COLLINGWOOD coach Nathan Buckley has taken three months' leave and won't return to work full-time until mid-January."
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-10/pies-coach-taking-extended-threemonth-break

Was hoping that that there would be one final post-GF interview to close off the season, but it seems both Whateley and Buckley have done a runner.

So that's a wrap then.

Interesting listening to some of the interviews earlier in the season in light of where the Pies ended up. Will try and recast the thread in 2019 if the interview series continues.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:36 am

Thanks for all of your solid work on this throughout the year, Woods!
BHPIE 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:41 am

Onya Woods much appreciated mate
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:54 pm

Awesome work Woods. Youve provided an invaluable service all year cheers mate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10   

Jump to: