Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Buckley's weekly interview with Gerard Whateley in 2018

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:29 pm
Post subject: Buckley's weekly interview with Gerard Whateley in 2018Reply with quote

Ex-ABC and now SEN Radio host Gerard Whateley will be doing an extended mid-week interview with coach Nathan Buckley during the 2018 season.

Here's a link to a podcast of the first such interview which was broadcast live this morning.

https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=181090

Very expansive interview lasting 25 mins. and covering most of the recent talking points here on Nicks, with some deeper insights into the Pies 2018 game style, Goldsack's injury and forecast return, and background to the imposition of the suspension on De Goey.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Shows why he wanted off 360 was to get away from Slobbo
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:31 pm

yeah a slap in the face to slobbo. an irrelevant person to all of Collingwood.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:55 pm

simon tonna wrote:
yeah a slap in the face to slobbo. an irrelevant person to all of Collingwood.

Hopefully There is a Ban of Slobbo at Collingwood

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:22 pm

Really... every week?! Nothing good can come from this.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:23 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:

Not in your world of doom & gloom duck, no.

What does make you happy duck? <snip, the rest wasn't really called for, but the question in question can stand - the mods>

Fatui Attata 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:20 pm

Great stuff! Look forward to more. Bucks is very open and extremely mindful with all of his words. Very engaging man. Inspired me. If we pick up where we left off with Melbourne in 17... look out!
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:42 am

Skids wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:

Not in your world of doom & gloom duck, no.

What does make you happy duck? <snip, the rest wasn't really called for, but the question in question can stand - the mods>

Skids let me put this into perspective for you.

He's already under the pump - regardless of what he says about external noise - this is just going to make it worse because every week he's going to have to front up and make more excuses for his and the clubs short comings. Now sure you can say 'but what if we're winning all the time, etc etc' well sure, that's great but if that is the case, he won't need an extra weekly interview to express that - the football will do the talking - so only bad can come from this weekly meeting.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:27 am

Funny thing is Robbo got the Coke n sars from SEN and was replaced with Gerrard
Whilst it hasn't been said publicly the good Mail said there was to many clubs and players who wouldn't be interviewed by Robbo (Buckley included obviously) so the station made the decision to go with a host who had respect of the footy world
This will only pump Robbo up more to take every opportunity to take pot shots at Buckley the club and players at every chance
I don't have a problem with Buckley doing a weekly spot actually I like it in many ways as long as he's not forced to do so by the club and the questions are related to on field performance and not media noise.
Robbo tried last night to Saint Nick and murphy to death ride Collingwood which they wouldn't much to his annoyance on 360
When Gerrard asked them both about there former clubs being under pressure on both occasions Robbo interrupted and said yeah but it's nothing like the pressure Buckley and Collingwood will be under. Murphy said well every club is under pressure and Nathan knows that so does every coach in the league. Robbo again interrupted and said yeah but the other clubs have had reasons for not being as successful but Collingwood have had years in the wilderness now and it's the hottest topic in football. Saint Nick said well he's under no more pressure than the coaches at st kilda Carlton Melbourne who's clubs haven't won a flag for ages
Robbo was noticeably miffed that neither player would throw Buckley or Collingwood under the bus.
Then when King & McClure came on he started again. King actually said he had trouble leaving Collingwood out of his top 8 as he believed there best was top 8 material but he had left them out simply as he didn't know how they would go starting the season under strength player wise.
McClure had Collingwood just missing the 8 but said they along with St kilda or Melbourne could surprise and be a top 8 side depending on injuries
The experts thus far have mostly left us just out of the 8 finishing around 9-12 which might be right if we are injury struck. I don't see a struck match in list strength between teams battling for places 5-14 a lot of games may be decided by 1 or 2 players performing above expectations on a weekly basis
Let's hope these players are wearing black n white
ronrat 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:55 am

Slobbo blocks everyone on twitter who calls him out as well. Gutless wonder. Reallly, Collingwood should ask that he doesn't represent his interests at pressers and get someone else. They have scope. If , and if it a big if, this was say an a NFL team team he wouldn't be there. They would simply remove his accreditation. He is is a disgarce to the the once noble profession of Journalism and is nothing more than a self opinionated donut burglar.The organisations that employ him have no integrity.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:13 am

It’s a source of serious concern that a guy who thinks that Tom Mitchell is a top 50 player is allowed to express any opinion about football for a living.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:14 am

Nathan made an interesting point on the pre season review of the 18 AFL clubs in as much that the club,s players and their recruits were the bulk of the review

But in our case yes that too but in equal amounts of reviewing our coach which rarely occurred with other AFL clubs

What ever any Collingwood supporters view on Nathan he gets continual discussion

Apart from dearly wanting my side to win I want to see how Bucks finally pans out

stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:01 pm

Hard to listen to all of that. Maybe I've just stopped listening to all the promises.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:08 pm

I note this year that Nathan is talking a bit differently and I don’t need my Webster’s beside me to decipher his words & with a more relaxed demeanour

Less rhetoric—more down to earth style

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:29 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
It’s a source of serious concern that a guy who thinks that Tom Mitchell is a top 50 player is allowed to express any opinion about football for a living.

Don't forget Daniher at 8 !!
For mine the top 50 should be the players who a team could not do with out the most (there most valuable)
If you look at half his top 50 they wouldn't be there teams most valuable or in the top 5 of there teams most valuable
For us we couldn't afford to lose Pendles Sidey Grundy Howe Trelaor IMO they would be our most valuable but only 2 made the list which is ok I guess given 18 clubs get 2 each and half get a extra
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10   

Jump to: