Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

AFL words

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:31 pm
Post subject: AFL wordsReply with quote

On AFL words had me reeling
The words that came from Jenny Phelan

Words that made me whole lot madder
She has us 14th on the ladder

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds about right TBH.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:42 pm

Hope not —-want to see a climb not a slide
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:28 pm

Me too. Just can't see it happening with 3 of our most skilful, X factor and goal kickers under injury interrupted pre seasons, our utility coming off a career best season in defence doing his ACL on the weekend, our young gun CHF being moved to the backline, our goal kicking resting on the shoulders of an American and a rag tag group of undersized beige plodders, and poor foot skills being trialled off half back pre season (Crisp and Adams). We're a de w more injuries shy of a bottom four finish, and we always have injuries under this regime.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:21 pm

Best to have low expectations and be pleasantly surprised.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:24 pm

To I've never thought about have low expectations and be pleasantly surprised .
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:18 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Best to have low expectations and be pleasantly surprised.

You mean like this?

Raw Hammer wrote:

Me too. Just can't see it happening with 3 of our most skilful, X factor and goal kickers under injury interrupted pre seasons, our utility coming off a career best season in defence doing his ACL on the weekend, our young gun CHF being moved to the backline, our goal kicking resting on the shoulders of an American and a rag tag group of undersized beige plodders, and poor foot skills being trialled off half back pre season (Crisp and Adams). We're a de w more injuries shy of a bottom four finish, and we always have injuries under this regime.

Geez I don't think I'd like some of these so called supporters over for a barby! Shocked

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:53 pm

I'm a "so called supporter" cos of the facts I outlined above?

I want to see us win as much as the next fan (or so called fan), but which part of what I wrote fills you with confidence, and which part is wrong?

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:26 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:

I want to see us win as much as the next fan (or so called fan), but which part of what I wrote fills you with confidence, and which part is wrong?

Whoever you actually follow, your words are those of a scum supporter.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:53 am

Bravo. Immature moronic response.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:53 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:

Sorry RH, I wasn't singling you out as such... just collectively, the doomsdayers depress me.... especially when it's before a balls been bounced.
Hopefully my rose coloured glasses hang in there, and we're both happy Cool

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:45 pm

All good, I want to see us win. You know it's been 8 years since our 2010 triumph? 7 since our 2011 heartbreak? The same time between 2002-03 and 2010-11. When you put that into perspective, we're miles off. We had year after year of finals experience in between. We haven't won a final in 6 years, haven't played one in 5. Nothing this club has done since, now that the facts and results are laid to bare, have worked. And the same people are pretty much running the joint. I'm devastated that's Pendles has missed his PRIME years to showcase his talents in the finals on the big stage. Unforgivable.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:03 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:

Whoever you actually follow, your words are those of a scum supporter.

Seriously Rudeboy, get some proper arguments going with posting or just don't post.
Rawhammer is a true collingwood supporter not a scum supporter ...get real please.
Posts good or bad about the club are all worthy.
E 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:06 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
All good, I want to see us win. You know it's been 8 years since our 2010 triumph? 7 since our 2011 heartbreak? The same time between 2002-03 and 2010-11. When you put that into perspective, we're miles off. We had year after year of finals experience in between. We haven't won a final in 6 years, haven't played one in 5. Nothing this club has done since, now that the facts and results are laid to bare, have worked. And the same people are pretty much running the joint. I'm devastated that's Pendles has missed his PRIME years to showcase his talents in the finals on the big stage. Unforgivable.

yes but you are missing a few key pieces that are missing in this rebuild.

After 2003, we bottomed out properly and the rules helped us. We went to second bottom and used the 2 and 5 picks to get the two key pieces of our premiership. Thomas and Pendles (remember how good Thomas was in 2010). We were also able to use the following years high draft picks to get Reid and Brown. And most importantly, we raped the system to snare two more top 5 talents in Shaw and Cloke basically for nothing!!! That is six stars. Then the sun hit the moon and we were able to get Harry, Blair, Macaffer and our Captain, Nick Maxwell in the ROOKIE draft. Finally, we somehow hit gold again with Sidebottom and Beams in the same draft. It meant that we could wisely fill gaps with the likes of Jolly, L.Brown and L Ball. And there is a premiership team!

In this case, we bottomed out to a 6 and a 10 pick (Scharenberg and Freeman), instead of 2 and 5, AND we got super unlucky. I feel like the Moore, DeGoey year - which matches the Brown Reid year, worked out well for us, but we didnt get two star father/sons for nothing and our cornerstones havent really amounted to much.

You can only perform with the cattle that you get.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:22 am

We need bulls not cows, just looked at the fixture. Got to round 7 and went, yeah we could win that one. I really hope I’m wrong and I’m pleasantly surprised, next Saturday night would be a good start for the surprises. It’s all well and good saying get optimistic but $£$%^%%$ hell, that’s getting old. I was optimistic til last season, and I just couldn’t get there, still went to as many games as I could, but in the cold dead of a Melbourne winter, losing starts getting old.

Excuses are getting old. Injury excuses. It’s bullshit. Every team gets injuries. And yet some are using excuses before the first bounce! The DeGoey thread is a perfect example. He ain’t the Messiah, and won’t be winning games off his boot. If that’s what we are pegging our hopes on god help us.

I can’t wait to get there next week, get my arse in my seat, sing the song, watch the boys come out, have a sneaky snuck in scotch, and enjoy the time with my daughter. And I will be $£$%^%%$ brimming with outrageous overwhelming contagious joyous excitement if we are in front at quarter time, and I won’t be able to put it into words if we are at the end.

But yeah, I’ll wait til then, getting my hopes up now means people laughing in my face! I much preferred it when they told me to ‘shut the **** up about collingwood’. Nothing is worse than pity.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: