Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down Dogs - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

E wrote:
Skids wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
Opponent doesn't matter much. It's a practise game, the effort and intensity isn't there, no matter who you're playing on. Rookies might actually be tougher than veterans.

Just like Gault's 5 goals a few years back, Mason's pre-season form means little. His form towards the end of last year was promising though.

On the contrary, I think it showed his improvement and continued development as a key forward/ruckman. The way he attacks and plucks the ball in a marking contest is getting better every run he has.
I said it last year, and I'll say it again, he is going to be a very damaging and dominant asset for the Pies for many years to come.

On a side note Corey Gault was sensational for Swan Districts in the WAFL last season and took out the Swan Medal for B & F.
At 199cm & 96kg, and still only 25 years of age... were we a bit hasty in judging the lad?

2017 stats;

22 games

408 disposals
114 marks
564 hitouts
38 tackles
11 goals

which AFL team saw that and decided to pick him up?

Seriously mate, the standard drop is severe from AFL to ANYTHING else. There are many great local football players who are superstars in the pond in which they swim. doesnt mean he is of AFL quality.

No argument there E.

He was dominant at WAFL level and is still only 25 (a year younger than Cox). I just wonder if another year of development would have got him to the next level... a bit of, "If your Aunty had balls" statement I know.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:24 pm

Rude Boy - Mihocek will get his chance now with Goldsack done.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:09 pm

If it's like for like, Daicos would come into the forward line and play a defensive forward role, but he doesn't have the height to play as a tall forward so he doesn't quite replace Goldy.

Mayne is on the outer so i don't expect him to get a game, while McLarty is too slow to play the tall defensive role. Mihocek will get a game on his own merits as a key back supporting role in defence or not at all.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:23 pm

Culprit wrote:
Rude Boy - Mihocek will get his chance now with Goldsack done.

Reckon you're on the money there. Cool
E 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:50 pm

Mihocek is not AFL standard.

My money is on Blair reprising the Blair role up forward. we need him now more than ever!!!!

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:01 pm

Goldy can and does play either end. I am not say Mihocek will play forward, I am saying he gets a chance due injuries.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:55 pm

E wrote:
My money is on Blair reprising the Blair role up forward. we need him now more than ever!!!!

Agreed; nobody can play the slipping over at ground level role better than him.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:56 pm

There's a reason Blair got dropped last season about 2-3 times and it had nothing to do with Goldsack playing so well in the backline (and Mihocek is AFL standard - where do you get the idea that he isn't after two JLT games?).
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:37 pm

Mihocek acquitted himself well for a kid. I think he is a big chance to make it,mand while there cannot be a silver lining in Ty’s injury at least it gives him a chance to show what he’s got.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:58 pm

I think Mihocek deserves a promotion, but he isn't a kid. At 25, he's a fully developed player, and he probably isn't going to get much better than he already is. However, he's strong, reads the play well, is a good mark, a good kick, and will be good back up if there's an injury/suspension to either of Dunn, Howe or Langdon.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:59 am

RudeBoy wrote:
I think Mihocek deserves a promotion, but he isn't a kid. At 25, he's a fully developed player, and he probably isn't going to get much better than he already is. However, he's strong, reads the play well, is a good mark, a good kick, and will be good back up if there's an injury/suspension to either of Dunn, Howe or Langdon.

Cox is the same age and he's getting better with each game, so why can't Mihocek get better with each game of AFL experience?
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:18 am

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Cox is the same age and he's getting better with each game, so why can't Mihocek get better with each game of AFL experience?

I concur sir!

www.facebook/the hybernators
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:52 am

As the first quarter finished I was apprehensive and bit on edge

But then right to the siren they moved the ball very quick with hand or foot or any means they could and the goals came as a result —sure there were some blemishes but they just kept thrusting it forward as quick as they could

Seasons gone when the ball got into our 50 (and we were one of the best at getting it there) we piss farted about so much that the enemy picked up countless turn overs

There may be times when I again get on edge but if they can produce that game plan in as many games as they can the result will be more W than L on at seasons end

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:18 pm

ok just my two bobs worth.
didn't see much as to say we are going to be better placed this season than last year. I do think we have improvement in players such as Sidebottom, WHE, aish, phillips, cox to an extent so far this early stage of the season. I cant say two much about Murray atm as he's played 1 preseason game but has pace which is needed but NO right boot. however so do varco, pace that is,(shocking field kick but worse shot for goal) and crisp who should not play first round due to he's ball use. those two I picked out because when they arrived at the club we all thought they were a revelation in there first season.
The team looks fitter and everyone looks to be playing for the win which is great but skill set and forward line function is non existent. the amount of football we had in the third q in Moe replicates dogged determination but couldn't be enough to say we are going to improve a great deal. bring in wells, degoey, Elliott, faz and function we have to be better. it's just that we dont have them available at once.

E 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:40 pm

Standard of the game incredible poor. Bulldogs played one quarter and then shut it down. I think they laid three tackles in total after quarter time.

We might be better than last year, we might not. one thing is for certain. There is very little of what happened in the last three quarters that will translate to victories in the H&A.

i wouldn't read anything at all into it, just like i wouldn't over read the loss to GWS the week before.

Let's see what happens in round 1. So sad that we will miss DeGoey, Elliot, Goldsack, Wells (and possibly Scharenberg and Aish). Not so good to start with 6 of your best 22 sidelined! Faz and Greenwood would make it 8 of our best 25.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8   

Jump to: