Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Eddies passionate opening to season

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

swoop42 wrote:
Fail to make finals for a fifth straight season then Ed can follow Buckley out the door as far as I'm concerned.

Our club is stale and only winning lots of games of football in 2018 will mask the whiff of impending death for both of the above.

Time for talk has well and truly ended.

It's time to deliver out on the ground.

#LastChance

YEP, Finals OR BUST, if we fail to make the Finals, Eddie and Bucks must GO. I have been a big backer of Bucks, but this is it, even MY patience has its limitations. BTW eddie, the Footy Show is utter shit, its passe now, sams views belong in 1958. its boring as batshit. watched 10 mins of it, just crap, swannie was ONLY highlight. Give it up eddie.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
K 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:25 pm

It's definitely not over just yet. But if Buckley eventually does fail as a coach, we'll be left pondering whether it was Eddie who unwittingly sowed the seeds of his destruction. I mean, (e.g.) Kelly advised Buckley against all of this right at the start.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:31 am

K wrote:
It's definitely not over just yet. But if Buckley eventually does fail as a coach, we'll be left pondering whether it was Eddie who unwittingly sowed the seeds of his destruction. I mean, (e.g.) Kelly advised Buckley against all of this right at the start.

So what was Buckley supposed to do? Go and coach North? Aren't you supposed to coach the team you played for and love? Malthouse was self destructing in 2011 and if it wasn't to be Buckley it would have been someone else. Our demise in terms of ladder position was because the good players dried up and unless Malthouse had stayed and better influenced the types of players Hine was recruiting, our slide down the ladder would have been the same. I suspect the loss of Simon Taylor to Melbourne and the monopolisation by GWS of the draft had more an effect on our performance than the appointment of Buckley.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:06 am

Same Same But Different
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:51 am

Mugwump wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
FFS peoples, harden up and show a bit of backbone. If we were actually at war I swear some of you would be taken out the back and shot as 'fifth columnists' or deserters.

Let's have none of this negativity and talk of defeat even before the season has begun. Get on board and get behind Bucks and his team. Go Pies! Twisted Evil

Yes, it’s incredible. It’s as though some people like Collingwood as a fashion accessory, something which is only loved when it complements them.

Hey, ive barracked loyally for the Woods for well over half a century, thru a lot of pain, and joy, but right now the club is at crossroads. Eddie has been there far too long and buck is now on very thin ice. Other fans are now openly laughing at us, we talk big but rarely deliver, the time for all this bullshit talking is over, done and dusted. WE must make the finals at the very least, or ed and bucks can bugger off, enough is enough, talk is cheap, time for action ON the field. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
K 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:09 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
K wrote:

So what was Buckley supposed to do? Go and coach North? Aren't you supposed to coach the team you played for and love? ...

Well, that's why it might be Eddie's fault (i.e. not Buckley's), if he doesn't end up succeeding. Given the opportunity, who could turn it down (even when your manager advises against it)?

It's not over yet, so we shouldn't start the coaching eulogies just yet. (I'm talking about Buckley's coaching career here, not about the Collingwood team's fortunes.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: