Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Time to fire up folks

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:28 pm
Post subject: Time to fire up folksReply with quote

Is it just me? Is it my middle/old age as testosterone levels dissipate? I don't know what it is, but I can't recall a pre-season period where everyone appears to be so flat and unexcited about our looming season.

We lose one lousy practice game with not much more than a scratch side and all of a sudden it's all doom and gloom!

So let's hear a bit of optimism and positivity folks. We are Collingwood and we are on the way back. Go Pies! Twisted Evil
K 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:37 pm
Post subject: Re: Time to fire up folksReply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
Is it just me? Is it my middle/old age as testosterone levels dissipate? I don't know what it is, but I can't recall a pre-season period where everyone appears to be so flat and unexcited about our looming season.

We lose one lousy practice game with not much more than a scratch side and all of a sudden it's all doom and gloom!

So let's hear a bit of optimism and positivity folks. We are Collingwood and we are on the way back. Go Pies! Twisted Evil

Judging by your reaction when people post things you really dislike, I think your testosterone levels are just fine, Rudey. Wink

Last edited by K on Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:37 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

The problem is the bolded bit. We aren't even sure if we're going to be better or worse this year. Hard to get excited when the first look you get of the team is one that score 5 goals in four quarters and gets smacked by 10 goals.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

deflated is the way i feel in regards to the team.
vanilla is the way I regard our football department.
enraged I am at the club.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:19 pm

What's there to get fired up about? The team has been so hopeless to watch that I haven't been to a game since I watched them play for 15 minutes against The Western Bulldogs on 26 July 2015 - that's over two full seasons (yes, I went to virtually every game in 1976 - and I also have a certain fondness for Jason Wild, so it isn't about the on-field results).

It isn't "all of a sudden" doom and gloom - the Club has been on this pointless path for years. I couldn't care less about the practice match result. I didn't watch it and I have no interest. What I do care about is where we're going to find the other 8 blokes (10 if my old mate qldmp467 is right about the Future Captain and Sidey) we need to field a competitive team. There is no rational basis for thinking those 8 (or 10) players are going to emerge before the 2018 finals race is over.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:34 pm

Since the end of 2013, I've felt somewhat deflated about the club's prospects heading into the new season. Early in that period (2013/2014/2015) I was prepared for the fact that the club was taking a different direction with playing personnel and it was undergoing a mini-rebuild so I was prepared to accept that and be patient.

However, the last few years have become increasingly frustrating and I feel we're not making any progress under the current coach and current playing personnel. The last three to four years demonstrate this.

2014 - 11th (11 wins)
2015 - 12th (10 wins)
2016 - 12th (9 wins)
2017 - 13th (9.5 wins)

That is a definition of a team that has stagnated. We haven't been poor enough to be a bottom 4 team and completely bottom out, but we're nowhere near contending either, and I have doubts we have the current squad of players to jump up the ladder substantially and become a contender.

In the last few off-seasons, the mindset I've had heading into a new season is that I want to be surprised and proven wrong, but I haven't had high expectations that we will contend or even play finals for that matter. If 2018 is an improvement from the last few seasons then I will be very pleased, but I'm not expecting too much from the previous year except for a slight improvement at best.

I will continue attending all matches in Victoria as I always do because I love the club too much to stay away, but a few early wins would certainly help build some excitement and confidence for everyone invested in the club.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:37 pm

K wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Judging by your reaction when people post things you really dislike, I think your testosterone levels are just fine, Rudey. Wink

Shocked Shocked Embarassed Embarassed
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:55 pm

I was actually feeling alright about the season proper until I read this thread.
Now I’m just prepping up on the 2018 early draft picks.
K 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:07 pm

^^^
How good are those twins, P16?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:23 pm

Well we been Shit for 5 Years and not gone Forward under Bucks.

So no Shock there is next to no Optimism at Collingwood

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:25 pm

K wrote:
^^^

Ha. Well everyone seems convinced we’re bottom five bound, so that’s a lucky break for us Rolling Eyes
Should net us either Jack Lukosius (S A ) or one of the King twins. What more could we want. Three of the best tall prospects in last 10 years.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:28 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

The problem is the bolded bit. We aren't even sure if we're going to be better or worse this year. Hard to get excited when the first look you get of the team is one that score 5 goals in four quarters and gets smacked by 10 goals.

Well Said. We have seen nothing in the Pre-Season that show we could get Better

K 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:30 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
K wrote:
^^^

Ha. Well everyone seems convinced we’re bottom five bound, so that’s a lucky break for us Rolling Eyes
Should net us either Jack Lukosius (S A ) or one of the King twins. What more could we want. Three of the best tall prospects in last 10 years.

Do you mean the King twins play the same position and do it (roughly) equally well? Speaking greedily, we need two picks, but the priority-pick rules have changed so we won't have more than one (without trading for an extra one) and may have none (high enough in the order).
bugalugs 

Hiding in your wardrobe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:50 pm

Haven't posted for a long time but just had to say how depressing this thread is. But its all very true, its the first time in at least a decade that I haven't been hanging out for the season to begin. There were always some hope and excitement about the team.
I got nothing. Sad

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:53 pm

Well, for one thing... there will be no #SAVEBUCKS vs #SACKBUCKS... if we aren't at least 4-4 after 8 games... it will be 100% sack.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: