Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Zimbabwe 2.0 (South Africa)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Ivegot a masters degree in applied bullshit from the university of life if that helps.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:30 pm

K wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Remind me again, Skids, where you did your honours degree in history ... Laughing

... I don’t think your view of Skids education level removes its essential truth. ...

If Skids wants to start his posts with "If you knew your history" and then insult people's intelligence ...

Yeah, ok, I didn’t make that connection. It did wind the neck out a bit, that. agreed.

It’s the only reason I commented. ...

What I found interesting was the specificity: "your honours degree in history". Why honours, specifically? Is a non-honours history major enough? Masters not necessary? What about an honorary degree in history?
And the italicized "your" made me wonder whether P4S or others here have honours degrees in history. Do they?

I do, as it happens, along with some others, almost all obtained centuries ago. I don’t know if that’s relevant but you asked. The italics were, rather, directed at the particular voice of authority Skids adopted - for reasons i mentioned above.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:16 pm

Here it comes Sad

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-safrica-politics-land/south-africas-anc-to-amend-constitution-to-allow-land-expropriation-idUSKBN1KL2VN
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:54 pm

Wokko wrote:
Here it comes Sad

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-safrica-politics-land/south-africas-anc-to-amend-constitution-to-allow-land-expropriation-idUSKBN1KL2VN

It'll be very interesting to see how this plays out. One thing I'm sure of is, it won't benefit the average black one jot.

The ANC is, I think, smart enough to know that if they just take the land back and hand it over to random blacks it won't end well. The value of the land is that the white farmers produce food on it. Without expertise in farming, not only does the land quickly become worthless but theres less food for all and the economy gets hit. Lessons from Zimbabwe 101.

1 white farmer and his family provides food for the country, helps the economy and supports dozens of black workers and their families.

What I dare say will happen is that the land will end up in the hands of the already wealthy blacks with connections to the government who will install caretakers with farming expertise and the only thing that changes is that the already wealthy blacks with government connections get wealthier. The average black will get jack shit.

K 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:09 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
K wrote:
What I found interesting was the specificity: "your honours degree in history". Why honours, specifically? Is a non-honours history major enough? Masters not necessary? What about an honorary degree in history?
And the italicized "your" made me wonder whether P4S or others here have honours degrees in history. Do they?

I do, as it happens, along with some others, almost all obtained centuries ago. I don’t know if that’s relevant but you asked. The italics were, rather, directed at the particular voice of authority Skids adopted - for reasons i mentioned above.

Yes, I definitely asked. It could well be relevant (or not)...
If we actually had a bunch of historical documents to go through and evaluate, it'd be better to have a history degree, surely. (I quite fancy honorary degrees, though... Seems like something for free. Must ask Eddie how to pull that one off.)
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:50 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/aug/23/white-farmers-trump-south-africa-tucker-carlson-far-right-influence
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:47 pm

So, whatever happened to South African "white genocide"? Apart from the story being completely fabricated dogswallop, I mean?

https://harpers.org/archive/2019/03/the-myth-of-white-genocide-in-south-africa/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6   

Jump to: