Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Nathan Freeman's post-Collingwood career (delisted!)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:03 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mugwump wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Best of luck to Freeman. Hope the lad does get on the park and has a great and wonderful careeer playing AFL footy (except of course against "us").

Yeah, agreed. Despite all the noise, he’s a young man trying to make a future. Good luck to him, except against us.

Agree

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:43 am

The real irony of a seven page thread that’s dedicated to a former player who never played a game with us, is that no one even knows the guy.
We are all entitled to our opinions but some of the comment on here is both uneducated and also unwarranted.
As I have posted previously, I know him and the family well and my son is a former Dragons teammate.
He’s a decent young man who simply made a business decision, as most of us do in life. Also whether right or wrong, the family simply felt the club didn’t manage his injuries as they should have.
I don’t quite understand why anyone would even bother to post anything negative, given the above circumstances.
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:32 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
The real irony of a seven page thread that’s dedicated to a former player who never played a game with us, is that no one even knows the guy.
We are all entitled to our opinions but some of the comment on here is both uneducated and also unwarranted.
As I have posted previously, I know him and the family well and my son is a former Dragons teammate.
He’s a decent young man who simply made a business decision, as most of us do in life. Also whether right or wrong, the family simply felt the club didn’t manage his injuries as they should have.
I don’t quite understand why anyone would even bother to post anything negative, given the above circumstances.

Mate ignore the nuff nuts, they got nfi but like to pretend they do.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:41 pm

No issues at all with Freeman deciding to leave (helps he hasn't played a game since Wink ). He'd had a frustrating time of it and faced an uncertain future. The Saints offered him more security than we were willing to offer, he'd have been mad not to take it. We've proven to be right in not offering him more and chances are he'd have been cut from our list by now, so both parties made the right choice.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:57 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
No issues at all with Freeman deciding to leave (helps he hasn't played a game since Wink ). He'd had a frustrating time of it and faced an uncertain future. The Saints offered him more security than we were willing to offer, he'd have been mad not to take it. We've proven to be right in not offering him more and chances are he'd have been cut from our list by now, so both parties made the right choice.

And St Kilda made the correct decision to take him off our hands for valuable consideration.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:58 pm

^^Right from our perspective, for sure.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:59 pm

What do you really want to ask me?
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:02 pm

He'll have earned well over $1M over 5 years, for playing about 20 VFL games and spending a lot of time in rehab and playing playstation.

There's be a fair few 23 year olds who's swap places with him

I don't have anything against him, I hope he finally gets a run at it, plays some AFL games and shows whether he can still actually play or not.

Actually, here's a question, if the Saints decided to delist him at the end of the season, would we rookie list him?

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:10 pm

E wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
E wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
WHY are we devoting so much time to this loser, hes not even with us anymore ???????? Who cares if he played for Manangatang thirds even, who cares ???????

With fans like this, no wonder some players form the view that they owe the fans nothing....... What have you done for me lately PNC?

well now, I sure as hell have devoted many more years to the Magpies than he ever did, he did not give a shit about us, after we stuck with him, he just pissed off, good riddance, do you honestly think he gives the Magpies one minutes thought, get real. Shocked Confused

Just like with people's version of events around Daisy Thomas leaving, i am 100% certain this isn't a true summation of what actually happened. Its really sad the way we treated Freeman. We ruined a man's career by making him do things his young body wasn't ready for and then offered him peanuts. I get that you are loyal to Collingwood (i am too). Sometimes, you gotta be able to see the forest for the trees.

1. We gave up pick 10 in the national draft for him
2. Played him in a pre-season game against the Cats
3. He does a hammy whilst performing the job he was contracted to do
4. We then offered him a two year extension at $300,000 despite not ever playing a single match
5. He leaves because Saints offer “3” years and an easier drive from his home in Dingley to Seaford.

Gee what a “war crime of atrocity” Eric

E 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:43 pm

inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
E wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
WHY are we devoting so much time to this loser, hes not even with us anymore ???????? Who cares if he played for Manangatang thirds even, who cares ???????

With fans like this, no wonder some players form the view that they owe the fans nothing....... What have you done for me lately PNC?

well now, I sure as hell have devoted many more years to the Magpies than he ever did, he did not give a shit about us, after we stuck with him, he just pissed off, good riddance, do you honestly think he gives the Magpies one minutes thought, get real. Shocked Confused

Just like with people's version of events around Daisy Thomas leaving, i am 100% certain this isn't a true summation of what actually happened. Its really sad the way we treated Freeman. We ruined a man's career by making him do things his young body wasn't ready for and then offered him peanuts. I get that you are loyal to Collingwood (i am too). Sometimes, you gotta be able to see the forest for the trees.

4. We then offered him a two year extension at $300,000 despite not ever playing a single match
5. He leaves because Saints offer “3” years and an easier drive from his home in Dingley to Seaford.

i love <snip>

So <snip>, i notice you missed the piece about Collingwood stupidly putting rookies through the same pre-season training as veterans (so that his rookie fatigued hamstring RIPPED OFF THE BONE!!!). Why dont you ask your people who know it all whether cluns still do that or whether they now design special programs for rookies and special programs for veterans ..... <snip>

And <snip>, even if you are right, if you doubted whether you might ever play AFL footy ever again, dont you think three years at a higher per year might be more attractive to a kid than a 2 year deal.

Face it, pies were perfectly OK to turn Freeman into Aish and so everyone was happy. EXACTLY the same as the Thomas situation.

You should just quit while you are behind <snip – ease off on the abuse please. Thanks, David for BBMods.>

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:14 pm

E wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
E wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

i love <snip>

So <snip>, i notice you missed the piece about Collingwood stupidly putting rookies through the same pre-season training as veterans (so that his rookie fatigued hamstring RIPPED OFF THE BONE!!!). Why dont you ask your people who know it all whether cluns still do that or whether they now design special programs for rookies and special programs for veterans ..... <snip>

And <snip>, even if you are right, if you doubted whether you might ever play AFL footy ever again, dont you think three years at a higher per year might be more attractive to a kid than a 2 year deal.

Face it, pies were perfectly OK to turn Freeman into Aish and so everyone was happy. EXACTLY the same as the Thomas situation.

You should just quit while you are behind <snip – ease off on the abuse please. Thanks, David for BBMods.>

<snip> Nathan Freeman quit the Pies, we owe him nothing, he was given every chance to succeed and thought like many millenials that the “Grass would be greener on the other side”! However, as we know it “still needs mowing”!

Last edited by inxs88 on Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:16 pm

Well, this is all very edifying, isn’t it?
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:19 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Well, this is all very edifying, isn’t it?

Lol

E 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:07 am

inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
E wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

i love <snip>

<snip> Nathan Freeman quit the Pies, we owe him nothing, he was given every chance to succeed and thought like many millenials that the “Grass would be greener on the other side”! However, as we know it “still needs mowing”!

Freeman made a smart choice and the pies were happy with that choice. History has proven that his career was likely ruined by a poor period in Collingwood's fitness team. Sad that he had to be the victim. <snip>

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:54 pm

Didnt end up being named for the Saints game last night
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 7 of 15   

Jump to: