Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post-Match: Pies lose to Giants - All comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The AFLW Magpies

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:18 pm
Post subject: 2018 Season is OverReply with quote

They be Lucky to win a game this Year.

Melbourne Womens Team will beat them by at Least 10 Goals.

Thankfully the JLT Series Starts Next Weekend so I can watch that instead of Women's

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:19 pm
Post subject: Post-Match: Pies lose to Giants - All commentsReply with quote

Full Time.

Collingwood 5.5.35
GWS 7.6.48

GOALS - Hope 2, Duffin, Chiocci, Bonnici

Disposals - Lambert 19, Bonnici 17, Molloy 14, Chiocci 12, Edwards 12, Grant 12, Hutchins 11

Over to you...

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Sack Siekman
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:13 pm

Coach can't control poor decision making on the filed.
Once again, lack of composure cost the game.

Choosing the wrong option and holding the ball up at times when quick movement was required to get the opposition on the back foot.

Girls showed glimpses of what they can do when they moved the ball and ran hard to space bit unfortunately it was not consistent enough.

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:16 pm

JLT is just a praccy match and just a bit better than ALFX circle work.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:22 pm

It's basically the same story as the other games we played this season. We don't have the mids to compete at this level. GWS had twice as many inside fifties as us. That tells us that they could have doubled our score with the same number of scoring opportunities. The fact they didn't do this indicates that we defended well. However if you can't win the ball you won't win. We aren't playing our best team out on the field, so when we get a few of our injured players back we should do better. But, our woes are largely self inflicted when you lose your top two players in your best and fairest and we have only ourselves to blame for that.
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:05 pm

Why do start well then fade? Seems to happen a lot.
Vexillology 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:39 pm

Not a bad way to spend a Sunday afternoon. Crowd about right for the venue. Got an OK latte without too much of a wait. See-sawing game. Plenty of highlights. Wrong result.

Highlights - Hope with the outside of the foot, Bonnici getting a few kicks, Bernardi has improved from last year, Molloy, Duffin.

Lowlights - Hope again, trying unsuccessfully to pass when she shoulda had a ping, allowing McWilliams to take a huge pack mark, Eva (more below). Morgan (I think) in a bit of strife for spreading Staunton's nose all over the place. She was trying to protect herself from the runaway train that is Cora Staunton but you just can't do it that way anymore.

Double extra lowlight - Heath Shaw on the Giants' bench. Can we convince the Giants to take De Goey and give us Heath back for a season? Heath's job is keeping the Giants' bench calm and focussed. Seriously.

Alicia Eva: IMO Eva didn;t leave through any disgruntlement. It was about career. She wants to coach and the Giants/AFLNSW could offer her a full time job (u/18 girls footy in NSW-ACT) a car and apart in developing a new club. Clearly, we could not match that. I'd be interested to know if we tried.

Hope: Many great footballers are best coached with these few words, perhaps with some colour added, "Grab it and do the first thing that comes into your head." Mo is such a footballer. Anything more complex is asking for disaster. This is what I believe has happened to Mo. Too much game plan, structures, rotations, KPIs etc and not enough instinctive football. Quite sad to watch.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:40 am

With Mo, she's an instinctive footballer who hasn't adjusted to this level of football. She doesn't find space in this competition and always has one or two opponents sitting on her when the ball comes down to her. Even the best forward in Australia in Buddy Franklin, manages to find space with all the opposition around him. Kicking a miraculous goal doesn't redeem her to me, because our forward line is disfunctional with her there. In her favour, the ball isn't coming down to her with any speed because our midfield is being beaten.

The answer might be to play Mo in the backline until she adjusts to the pace of the game of AFLW. Starting Molloy in attack was an obvious mistake.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The AFLW Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: