Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

"No more excuses for Mo-less Magpies" Article.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The AFLW Magpies

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vexillology 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:48 am
Post subject: "No more excuses for Mo-less Magpies" Article.Reply with quote

Just got home and catching up with the news. Came across this article on Girls Play Footy: not pleasant reading.

http://girlsplayfooty.com/2018/02/no-excuses-mo-less-magpies.html

Essentially, it is an attack on our coaches and whilst I would love to pick the article apart or attack it as just another Collingwood bashing negative piece, I'm struggling to find much to argue with. Could say that the author is just another vitriollic Collingwood hater! But that's not really much of a critique.

In defence of the coaches, I would say that the pre-season loss of Ash Brazill and Darcy Guttridge would have caused a major re-think of our team structure. Having said that, it saddens me to see Steph Chiocci at the bottom of packs getting pummelled when she should be streaming down the wing delivering the ball to our forwards.

For those of you who haven't seen Brazill in action (on a footy oval), she's a good size, lightning quick hands and two steps ahead of most other players with an unorthodox but powerful left foot. She's got a bit of the crazies about her but very good at keeping the ball in front of her and stays on her feet. With her hamstring, very worried the netball team might pull the pin on the whole experiment.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link to the article. The only bit they get right is that we have a weak midfield, which I thought would have explained the situation why we're losing, but the article goes much further in dishing out at the club. Mo was dropped for a reason. I hope all the idiots in the media talk up that it's all the fault of the coaches of the womens team at Collingwood, so we can trade her at the end of the season for a decent midfielder, who will boast our midfielder stocks next season.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The AFLW Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: