Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

A new decade

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:44 pm
Post subject: A new decadeReply with quote

I don't know if anyone here has given this much thought, but we only have 28 days left until the end of the decade*! Obviously all this stuff is kind of arbitrary, but given a new decade only comes around (roughly) every ten years, that's kind of a big deal, I guess!

How do you see the '20s panning out? What do you think will define the decade culturally, politically, technologically, artistically, musically, sartorially, and so on, in the years to come? And what are your own personal hopes and ambitions for the next ten years?

All I know is, I'll be 41 years old by the time it's all over. Quelle horreur! Shocked

(*Waiting patiently for someone – say, Tannin, hint hint, we miss you – to inform us that, actually, the decade starts in 2021, and that next year is merely the final year of the 2010s, which I must sadly concede is technically true, I think? But let's follow everyone else's lead and pretend that's not the case. Otherwise, see here for more on this pressing controversy: https://www.boston.com/news/national-news/2019/11/28/when-does-the-new-decade-begin-in-a-month-or-a-year-from-now)

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

1990, 2010, 2020..... thats my thinking!

other than that, havent thought about it at all, i think maybe the 2000 disappointment, ie nothing happened, made new years, new decade, a bust!!

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:48 pm

Whichever year it ends, I am going to make a genuine effort not to be dead by the end of it. Or be CHF for Collingwood. Both would be good.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:34 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Whichever year it ends, I am going to make a genuine effort not to be dead by the end of it. Or be CHF for Collingwood. Both would be good.
booooooo!
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:36 pm

That’s said like someone who hasn’t seen my contested marking. Wink
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:39 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
That’s said like someone who hasn’t seen my contested marking. Wink

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

but can you hit the post???

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:54 pm

Another new decade, nothing too special but I like the concept.

My son will hit 30 in January and be closing on 40 at the end of the decade, grandson 4 and a teenager by the end.

I'm hoping to still be above ground, planning on being retired from work, alternating time between travelling, chilling and spending time with grandkids (plural if the daughter comes to the party)

Politically and socially I'm not optimistic, the generations coming through have only known prosperity. hardship is when the WIFI doesn't work and social media has enabled extreme views on both ends of the spectrum to find echo chambers. I don't think we're in for any dramatic social or political changes in the next decade, I just think it's going to get worse before it gets better.

Technology is an interesting one. Portable electronic devices have taken off and with 5G as an enabler, anything could happen. Cloud based applications, privacy of data, could be interesting.

Sartorially I'l looking forward to seeing how dress codes cope with gender fluidity. I predict it wont be long before the first non binary person who looks male takes the MCC or VRC to court for being told they are male and no entry without a collar and/or tie.

Basically it will be pretty much more of the same, change. Some for better, some for worse

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:18 pm

Sorry David, clearly no one else has given this much thought. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: